The Legend of Zelda : The Wind Waker (emulation quality test)

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I have never played this game, so I might do a lets play.(probably not)

My specs:
intel i7 3770k clocked at @4.22
16GB Corsair Vengeance Memory (1866mhz)
Graphics card GTX 670
Not running the emulator of my SSD (OS Drive). Dont think running the emulator on the SSD would make any difference.
How does this look?
Recorded with camtasia

Video settings:
Internal Resolution x2
4x SSAA Anti-Aliasing
Anisotropic Filtering x4
Fullscreen resolution 1280x1024 camtasia recording resolution)
codec: techsmith at 100% quality
How does this look?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it looks fine really. But WW isnt really a good test of that because its cell shaded. At least thats my opinion, but it looks fine for your specs.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
If you haven´t played The Wind Waker i really suggest you to do it, because it´s an amazing game!

Im looking forward to this fall (?) when the remake Wind Waker HD will be released so i get a chance to play the game again :)

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Video settings:
Internal Resolution x2
4x SSAA Anti-Aliasing
Anisotropic Filtering x4
Fullscreen resolution 1280x1024 camtasia recording resolution)
codec: techsmith at 100% quality
How does this look?

I really don't know for recording purposes, but only for emulation... I think you can do better with those specs
In that game, I get stable 60 fps with x3 IR, 1080p with only my 3570k (stock 3.8GHz) and no GPU (only using the HD4000)

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Fuck's sake, that looks nice. Would be nice to see some actual gameplay though, but with such a BEAST set-up, it really shouldn't pose much of a problem.

Vids like these make me feel bad about my LoL addiction, which basically disables me from playing anything else than that....

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I really don't know for recording purposes, but only for emulation... I think you can do better with those specs
In that game, I get stable 60 fps with x3 IR, 1080p with only my 3570k (stock 3.8GHz) and no GPU (only using the HD4000)
I can max out everything and still run it smooth. But for youtube, I didnt see the point :) Could go 4x native etc and still play and record smoothly. But I wanna keep it stable for Let's Plays and such.
Use Bandicam for less CPU usage.
Camtaisa recored takes much CPU.

I Have dxtory. I only use camtasia because of the ease of rendering and settings lol.
Too lazy to do colour correction or whatnot on Sony Vegas lol.

Fuck's sake, that looks nice. Would be nice to see some actual gameplay though, but with such a BEAST set-up, it really shouldn't pose much of a problem.

Vids like these make me feel bad about my LoL addiction, which basically disables me from playing anything else than that....
I actually feel I didnt maximize the hardware as much as I could :( With the next gen intel CPU with new socket around the corner, I feel shit that I upgraded now.
Probably going to get the GTX 7xx series graphics card by end of this year and catch up on the new intel socket in a year or two when its out.

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
As I said in the comments section of the vid, camtasia sucks out CPU usage big time and lags. Get Bandicam, or if you have fast HDD, you can run Fraps.
Heck, I get an average of 56 FPS on my laptop(with 2x IR, 2x AA and it's a Core [email protected] GHz). You should be able to record that thing at 60 FPS if you use something better to record.
Also, here's a trick if you really want to record with Camtasia. Record everything with Bandicam/Fraps/Dxtory, whatever and then play through the video while recording with Camtasia. Lags a lot less.

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Btw what are ur settings on Camtasia?
Ur using C8 right?
Camtasia 8, yes. Recording at 30FPS because youtube limits it on 30 anyway.
As I said in the comments section of the vid, camtasia sucks out CPU usage big time and lags. Get Bandicam, or if you have fast HDD, you can run Fraps.
Heck, I get an average of 56 FPS on my laptop(with 2x IR, 2x AA and it's a Core [email protected] GHz). You should be able to record that thing at 60 FPS if you use something better to record.
Yes I could indeed. I have SSD as operating, one raid 0 setup and a 2TB drive for games and data.. fast enough drives to use fraps and such. But I mentioned above, due to the ease of editing I use camtasia.

edit: ilman, just saw your edit.
Yup could record with dxtory and edit with camtasia :) BUT..there is a but lol. When recording with dxtory, adding multiple audio channels is possible and camtasia doesnt pick it up. It picks up everything as 1 and editing audio would be hard like that. Sony Vegas picks it up fine.

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Got more random videos :):

Now a test from my 3DS video capture :)

Yes, I know about the aspect ratio. Some would like it the original way.. but me.. I like no black bars on the videos lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night