The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by fridgos, May 24, 2009.

May 24, 2009
  1. fridgos
    OP

Newcomer fridgos Member

United Kingdom
    Have any of you guys heard about it?
    I get 'The Official Nintendo Magazine' and there was an article about it in there.
    Its not out anywhere yet, because I think they are still developing it.

From what I've seen, it looks pretty cool.
    It will be available on the DS.

Article on the Website

2. Sharpz

Member Sharpz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Old news,but I'm waiting for it to come out!

3. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    This news is weeks, if not months old, but yes, a new Zelda game is always welcome. I'd rather see a New Super Mario Bros 2 (which has been rumored for awhile, I can even took a poll from NoA about it) and a 2D or 2 1/2D Metroid (the much rumored Metroid Dread).

But more than that even, I'd like to see Nintendo try out some new IPs. I think Square-Enix went out on a limb by coming out with something as bizarre as It's A Wonderful World/The World Ends With You, and I believe it was a hit. Imagine if there were more innovative and engrossing games like that and Hotel Dusk for the system, how much less we'd be lamenting about shovelware.

4. Domination

Member Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Singapore
    Erm... where have you been all this months ago?

Anyway yes... Its going to be great... just like Phantom Hourglass and I find the train concept to be cute; But then the train will have mobility problems won't it? (unless you can draw out your own tracks). And well... people are saying how the cartoon style and the easiness was bad.... but I liked PH so I'll love this. And I heard you can control a walking armor? Going to be great.

Its WILL be one of those great, none-shovelware games on the ds, and going to be Nintendo's next greatest release after Mario Luigi RPG 3 IMO.... Starfy is third!

~Can't Wait~

5. Clydefrosch

Member Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    as long as they f**k off with the touch screen controls, this will be a great game

6. fridgos
    OP

Newcomer fridgos Member

United Kingdom
    I use the D-Pad Hack cheat so I can walk around using the D-Pad.

7. Nds Boy

Newcomer Nds Boy Member

United Kingdom
    where do i download the ds rom of The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks??????????????????????????????

8. Domination

Singapore
    In banland [​IMG]

You are not allowed to request for roms. And it isn't even out yet. /facepalm

Or were you joking?

9. imqchummy

Newcomer imqchummy Member

Canada
    You are not allowed to ask for roms.
    Read the forum rules

10. Moots

Member Moots The Incredible Sulk

Canada
    A boat, a train......

Maybe the next one will be Zelda Moped Of Mystery, Or Zelda Rollerblades or Revenge, how about Zelda Soapbox Racer of Sanity. They could carry this weak shit on for years. Zelda Pogo Stick of Power.

Or maybe they'll get off this childish cell shaded bitch game style as of late and make a real Zelda Game.

11. Domination

Singapore
    Zelda: Mystery Rockets next anyone?

The Zelda games were great regardless of the graphics. Just that the ideas were becoming less.... smart.

12. Goshogun1

Member Goshogun1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Personally I love the cel-shaded Zelda games. They are just oozing with style. Unfortunately many people find this to be "too kiddie", and figure they are too old for it. Oh well. Your loss.

Regardless of the train theme, I am pretty sure it will be an enjoyable game. Can't wait to play it!

13. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Link will choo-choo-choose you.

On a serious note, the concept is obviously hilarious, but I'll see how they pull this off.

14. Moots

Member Moots The Incredible Sulk

Canada
    I didn't mind the cell shaded style, for wind waker, but now that it seems to be their art of choice, I am quickly becoming bored of it.

The games are also getting less and less challenging, and the story lines and way they are carried out are meh.

The franchise is being casualized, and I don't like it.

15. Goshogun1

Member Goshogun1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Good points though. Personally I would like a whole new Zelda for Wii done in the same style as Twilight Princess. It had a kind of Shadow of The Colossus style to it.

It's kind of sad that they haven't even announced a new console Zelda since Twilight Princess. Anyway my fingers are still crossed for a new Wii Zelda that is of the same caliber as a game like Mario Galaxy. Hopefully with Motion+ assisted swordfights. How cool would that be? [​IMG]

16. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    Looks like absolute crap to be honest, and this is coming from a diehard Zelda fan who has cleared every game multiple times over the years dating back to the dark ages of Zelda when the games were actually hard. The last DS installment pissed me off far too much to ever complete it, got repetitive and boring but I then came to the conclusion that it is something Nintendo has been doing to me as a fan with their big name franchises for the last decade. Let's face it, Ocarina of Time was a legendary epic game and is still amazing, but Majora's Mask, Windwaker and Twilight Princess were basically rehashes in pretty much every aspect aside from slight story adjustments.

17. regnad

Member regnad Button Masher

Japan
    I'll agree with you that PH was tedious. I too put it down, but came back to it later and finished it.

But to say that Majora's Mask, or much less Twilight Princess, were anything other than spectacular games is ridiculous.

18. Domination

Singapore
    Kotaku "Stylus-on"

The phantom is pretty cool, albeit ornamental. Especially being useless in combat. The train, I LOLed. wtf, "You control the train by sliding a lever up and down to speed up, slow down, stop or reverse the train on its tracks. There's also a chain you can pull down with your stylus to blow a whistle and clear the tracks of animals. There's also a canon mounted to the train that you can fire by touching anywhere on the screen."

Seems good, but may be inferior to Phantom Hourglass

19. inra

Newcomer inra Newbie

Australia
    Why? Because they swapped out the boat for a train? Oh no [​IMG].

The way I see it, as long as 'The Temple of the Ocean King' doesn't make a return, this game will be far better than PH.

20. Domination

Singapore
    I just changed my mind.

"There's also a chain you can pull down with your stylus to blow a whistle and clear the tracks of animals"

Make way for the spirit Choo-Choo! [​IMG]

Nah..... I just find using the lever a hassle. The ship was easier to navigate freely and not restrained by tracks and does not need a lever.

The new implementations such as the phantom are nice though. I wouldn't really mind the trains, since the gameplay outside the train is really more important.

Still can't wait [​IMG]