Gaming The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks Discussion Topic

Mr.Mister

Trophies
Website
forum.72dpiarmy.com
XP
Country
United States
For all those worriers... since when has a Zelda game been below an 8 out of 10 on the rating scale, seriously, the only game that has gotten an average lower than an 8 is Link's Crossbow Training AND THAT WAS A SPINOFF.

Nintendo likes to make fun games, remember that. (Except Wii Music, that's horrible.)

Dr. Canuck

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Looks great. I heard rumours of a new Zelda DS game, glad to see they are true. Now, where's the new Zelda Wii?
biggrin.gif

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mr.Mister said:
For all those worriers... since when has a Zelda game been below an 8 out of 10 on the rating scale, seriously, the only game that has gotten an average lower than an 8 is Link's Crossbow Training AND THAT WAS A SPINOFF.

Nintendo likes to make fun games, remember that. (Except Wii Music, that's horrible.)

That doesn't give me any kind of reassurance. Why should I care about the reviews if I didn't like the game? I'm not saying that this new installment will suck, nor that it will be amazing, but being based on Phantom Hourglass gives me a bad feeling about it. I found PH to be lacking in almost every aspect, from gameplay to plot. I'll wait and see how this fares...

Moots

The Incredible Sulk
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well everyone, I'd like to welcome you to the beginning of the End of a beloved Franchise.

I would like to thank nintendo for bringing us Zelda Phantom HourGlass Railway Tycoon edition, but its not what we needed.

A third Windwaker style game? No thanks. They are not only not trying, but the games are becoming less and less challenging, and nintendo's business model of pandering to the casual gamer is now hurting one of its greatest franchises.

In the age of the Next Gen consoles, who doesn't want to see a big, dramatic, exciting Zelda game that lives up to the epic proportions of the zelda games we loved.

Zelda 1,2, LTTP, and Ocarina were epic, you felt it while playing. They were fun to play, they were adventures that could suck you in, and never left you wanting, except for more zelda. Windwaker was fun, PHG was decent, but they don't live up to the history of the franchise. and I fear it will only get worse.

I'll play another Zelda game the day they release a dark, dramatic, challenging game that is worth my time as a zelda fan. No more of this casual gamer bullshit. Fuck you Nintendo, each time I play one of these subpar zelda games, my memories of the fantastic series that it was is tainted further.

The moment you pull the master sword out of the stone in Ocarina in time, and transport further along the time line, is single handedly a more epic moment than Windwaker, Phantom hour glass, and no doubt this train bs combined.

I want to remember Link thay way. Not this douche bag whiny cell shaded mother fucker.

Again, fuck you nintendo, you are ruining a childhood icon.

Moots

The Incredible Sulk
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Eating my words? I doubt it.

There is no reason to believe that this will be any different from WW and PHG. A train? I guess we're not in Hyrule anymore Toto.

This is a joke. I'll be over here playing LTTP.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Although I never finished it, I thought PH was really good. Wind Waker was also my favorite GC game
biggrin.gif
So yeah, definitely excited for this game. I like the fact that you can control that big armored guy and make him fight enemies.

Filter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did not like PH but I loved Wind Waker and every other Zelda game. I just hated how the dungeons were handled in PH.

Dr. Canuck

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Moots said:
Well everyone, I'd like to welcome you to the beginning of the End of a beloved Franchise.

I would like to thank nintendo for bringing us Zelda Phantom HourGlass Railway Tycoon edition, but its not what we needed.

A third Windwaker style game? No thanks. They are not only not trying, but the games are becoming less and less challenging, and nintendo's business model of pandering to the casual gamer is now hurting one of its greatest franchises.

In the age of the Next Gen consoles, who doesn't want to see a big, dramatic, exciting Zelda game that lives up to the epic proportions of the zelda games we loved.

Zelda 1,2, LTTP, and Ocarina were epic, you felt it while playing. They were fun to play, they were adventures that could suck you in, and never left you wanting, except for more zelda. Windwaker was fun, PHG was decent, but they don't live up to the history of the franchise. and I fear it will only get worse.

I'll play another Zelda game the day they release a dark, dramatic, challenging game that is worth my time as a zelda fan. No more of this casual gamer bullshit. Fuck you Nintendo, each time I play one of these subpar zelda games, my memories of the fantastic series that it was is tainted further.

The moment you pull the master sword out of the stone in Ocarina in time, and transport further along the time line, is single handedly a more epic moment than Windwaker, Phantom hour glass, and no doubt this train bs combined.

I want to remember Link thay way. Not this douche bag whiny cell shaded mother fucker.

You're judging a video game off of a little over one minute of video footage? Honestly?! You can't even wait to read a review, or maybe, even play the game yourself?
Just take a minute and think about how ridiculous your post was.
While you're doing that please remove your Canadian icon. You're embarrassing the rest of us.

MyauChanDesu

Kamineko is GOD.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dr. Canuck said:
Moots said:

You're judging a video game off of a little over one minute of video footage? Honestly?! You can't even wait to read a review, or maybe, even play the game yourself?
Just take a minute and think about how ridiculous your post was.
While you're doing that please remove your Canadian icon. You're embarrassing the rest of us.

Agree with you there my friend,

Gosh moots, what a hater. *sigh*

people these days, at least let the game be released and see for your self.

I know some plot of the games are kinda off nowadays but it's not something you should base your judgment on.

kashin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh no.. I love Zelda games so much that i play them regardless of liking them or not, which was never a problem since i always liked them.. And then came the DS.

I find the whole touch-gaming for things like swordfighting not yet polished enough to be enjoyable..

Damn you DS.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
I liked PH very much with all the touch screen controls, I think this will be amazing since its kinda like PH only replacing a ship with a train.

Maybe I'll buy it. The first DS game I'll ever buy after I got a flashcart.

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Moots said:

My god, there is only one person I know who can piss and moan about new things as much as you; ME.

A third Windwaker style game? No thanks. More like, YES PLEASE. Wind Waker was the best Zelda game I ever played, and I've played them all (barring the CD-i ones). As far as I'm concerned, Nintendo needs to make ALL zelda games from now on WW style. The Style suits zelda perfectly. TP is too realistic.

Zelda 1,2, LTTP, and Ocarina were epic, you felt it while playing. Zelda 1 was epic. Zelda 2 was so-so. LTTP is one of the series' highlights. And as for Ocarina; get over your my-first-zelda memories. Majora's Mask was 10x better than Ocarina.

I'll play another Zelda game the day they release a dark, dramatic, challenging game that is worth my time as a zelda fan. Dark? Dramatic? Please sell any and all Nintendo related items you own, and purchase a PS3 or somesuch. Zelda is not supposed to be GRIMDARK MANLYMEN SPACE MARINES. It's a game made by Miyamoto, based on his fucking around in a cave with a flashlight when he was a kid.

Nintendo, each time I play one of these subpar zelda games, my memories of the fantastic series that it was is tainted further. Not to ruin anything for you, but all zelda games are more or less the same. GO TO DUNGEON. GET WEAPON. USE WEAPON IN VARIOUS WEAPON-RELATED PUZZLES. GO TO BOSS. USE WEAPON ON BOSS. GET ARBITRARY ITEM. GO TO NEXT DUNGEON TO GET NEW WEAPON.
Every zelda game that doesn't do something radically new is subpar.

The moment you pull the master sword out of the stone in Ocarina in time, and transport further along the time line, is single handedly a more epic moment than Windwaker Yes, because that moment in Wind Waker when you pull out the Master Sword and Hyrule, which was sunk beneath the sea and frozen in time, suddenly starts coming back to life... that moment was nothing, amirite?

I want to remember Link thay way. Yes, this n64 rendition of link, who only appeared in 2 games and had 2 or 3 facial expressions surely is the be-all-end-all version of link. This cel-shaded Link with a face which can show what his feelings are is nothing.

My god, wasn't TP enough of an Ocarina of Time 2 experience for you? Do fans like you HAVE to keep dragging this series back to what was your first and fondest experience? THAT mindless whining fanboyism is what is going to kill the series, not trains. Not cell-shading.

I for one thought WW was absolute shit when Nintendo unveiled it. I had my underage shitstorm ragefest. I wanted that pretty Ocarina 2, just like that 3d tech demo they had shown, not THIS. And then I bought it. And I got on that motherfucking boat, and I was SOLD.
If you can't accept the series doing new things, maybe you need to find something else to play.

You're being the same as with the DSi here. GOD DAMN WHY ISN'T THE DSi ANOTHER DSlite. WHAT IS THIS CAMERA BULLSHIT. WHERE IS MY GBA. THIS IS BULLSHIT. CASUALS ARE RUINING GAMING. CASUALS CASUALS CASUALS! RAH RAH RAH.
Don't want? Don't buy. Not like you can stop nintendo from bringing that shit to stores.

Anyhoo, about Spirit Tracks;
-First reaction; ZELDA WITH TRAAAAAAAAINS LOOL SHITSUX
-After watching the trailer; FUCK YEAH TRAINS

They could've gotten rid of the dungeons alltogether. This normal-clothes wearing link is badass as hell. Look at him, blazing the fucking frontier. YEAH.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I really was hoping, that Nintendo would give themself a little bit more time to come up with a new Zelda. I don`t know... I loved Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass but I was hoping, that the next Handheld Zelda game would be a more traditional approach on the franchise with the innovative tweaks implemented in the details, like Twilight Princess, only this time maybe in 2D.

This looks, judging it from the 2 minutes trailer, like they turned the water green, used a train instead of the boat and otherwise it looks very identically. What I want to say is, that the idea to use something to travel through Hyrule is nothing innovative any more and just because they changed the ride it doesn`t make it innovative again... For example they already had a leaf to blow wind in Minish Cap so I really hope that they have more up there sleeve then just redesigned item. But that doesn`t mean, that I`m against using items from old Zeldagame but I really hope, that there are some surprises... But what looks good is that controlling of enemies. That looks oddworldy
tongue.gif

If you ask me PH did too much concentrate on dungeons. I think there should be more to do in the overworld. Not just explore a little bit here and there...

But maybe I am too much comparing every Zelda game to TLoZ: aLttP, because that game was just perfect...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.