Gaming The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword Walthrough/FAQ Thread

In your experience, do you think Skyward Sword is harder than other 3D Zeldas?

• Yes, it's too hard for me!

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Yeah, but I can handle it!

Votes: 117 55.2%
  • Not really, I think it's about the same.

Votes: 67 31.6%
  • I think it's a little too easy...

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • This is for babies! It's way too easy!

Votes: 8 3.8%

• Total voters

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I have 3 questions.
1) Do you use bugs for anything besides selling them to the bug collector?
2) I'm at the second dungeon and I've bought every item from Beedle besides the heart medallion (or w/e it's called). Will he sell more items as the game progresses?
3) At any point in the game do you get to fly at night?
Can anybody answer any of these questions?

gregor1997

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I have 3 questions.
1) Do you use bugs for anything besides selling them to the bug collector?
2) I'm at the second dungeon and I've bought every item from Beedle besides the heart medallion (or w/e it's called). Will he sell more items as the game progresses?
3) At any point in the game do you get to fly at night?
Can anybody answer any of these questions?
1) You can power up potions with them.
2)Yes he will.
I dont know the answer for 3 because i did not finish the game yet.

Reactions: 1 person

Cilph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am in the volcano summit dungeon and I'm at the part where you give water to the frog statue to quench its thirst. The 2nd frog statue is out of reach so how would I give him water this time?
I still cant get past this part. Has anyone gotten this far?

Clawshot to the platform on the left, climb up, and walk around to above the frog statue.

Spidey_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anyone know how I can get this goddess cube in Eldin Volcano?
jshot20111118171336.png
It's the last one I'm missing and I can't reach any of the nearby vines with clawshot. It's past the hot room, near the entrance to the 6th dungeon (or is it 5th? I'm not sure, but I did it last)
Just dump and glide to the platform behind the rock. There is a gossip stone close by, and it will tell you exactly this. If not, the gossip stone by the Academy, at Skyloft, has a video of this. By the way, how do you know that's the last cube?
I am in the volcano summit dungeon and I'm at the part where you give water to the frog statue to quench its thirst. The 2nd frog statue is out of reach so how would I give him water this time?
Since you are already inside the dungeon, I guess you've past the first 3 frogs by the entrance. Go up the ladder and to the platform that faces the frog. Turn around and you'll see there is a water plant just behind a hole in the architecture. Thrust the sword to it. It's the game telling you that if you thrust a plant, it sticks to your sword.

At the harp minigame, the guy said he won a heart piece. I'm sure I played the harp minigame and didn't won anything, that was one of my frustrations, I always suck at that. But anyway, I got 20 hearts using the 2 extra heart medals. Are there 20 hearts + 2 from the medals in the game?

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

celcodioc

Major A$$hole
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm stuck in the third dungeon...

I just hit the the timeshift stone in the room that has a door that leads to the large central room with a sand tank to the left. (The room left to the room shaped like a + sign.) What do I do now?

Morku

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How to kill this? It's hiding everytime.
SOUP0127.jpg
edit: oh of course... landing -.- ignore that post. gbatemp should have a delete button.

Matsuyama

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
After going back to the first dungeon to get the holy water, where the hell is the key? The little digger guy says he hid it somewhere but he can't find it. I can't either. Help! :(

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
After going back to the first dungeon to get the holy water, where the hell is the key? The little digger guy says he hid it somewhere but he can't find it. I can't either. Help! :(
You need to dive and swim to an area that was not previously accessible because you couldn't swim. You have to dig for it.

Matsuyama

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You need to dive and swim to an area that was not previously accessible because you couldn't swim. You have to dig for it.
I literally checked everywhere BUT that. DAMNIT NINTENDO.

Thanks lol.

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahh. nevermind. seems pouch items and B button items are the only items to upgrade. looks like i only need to upgrade my beetle and the wooden and iron shields.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, a few questions.

First, I am missing 3 subquests, so when do the fortune teller quest, the beedle quest and the instructor owland quest become available? They weren't when I finished the fire sanctuary.

Second, anybody got a complete list of piece of hearts? I have 16 hearts without life medals and I seem to be missing about 14 PoH.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok i finished Lanayru Mining Facility and i got the harp, with the first song. now i need to find the propeller that fell somewhere near eldin volcano, right. Where is it, and how do i retrieve it back to skyloft. also how do i summon the robot i revived.

ineedhelpbad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i finished Lanayru Mining Facility and i got the harp, with the first song. now i need to find the propeller that fell somewhere near eldin volcano, right. Where is it, and how do i retrieve it back to skyloft. also how do i summon the robot i revived.
You should be able to douse for the propeller. It is to the left of the door to the earth temple down a hill. Once you find it and examine it Fi calls the robot automatically.

Him3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously... any tricks to the entrance to the WaterDragon part? I need to draw something and I have NO IDEA. :P!

NVM its a ball bahahaha

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I finished the game, it was great :)
And I also recorded the end, I'll may upload it later on so everyone can watch it ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0