Gaming The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword Walthrough/FAQ Thread

In your experience, do you think Skyward Sword is harder than other 3D Zeldas?

• Yes, it's too hard for me!

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Yeah, but I can handle it!

Votes: 117 55.2%
  • Not really, I think it's about the same.

Votes: 67 31.6%
  • I think it's a little too easy...

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • This is for babies! It's way too easy!

Votes: 8 3.8%

• Total voters

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I play the harp with Kina at Pumpkin Landing? The audience hates me, and I swear I'm playing it perfectly in time with their waves. Can someone upload a video of this part or just tell me what's wrong?

OMGshoes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Where can I get Blue bird feathers and monster claws? I assume blue birds must be captured with bug net, but how do I capture birds, they just fly away so fast. Where is the best place to get them?

Blue Bird Feathers: You have to capture blue birds, good luck with that. Hover the net slightly above them and then whack it downwards.
Monster Claws: Keese.

What is a good spot to find those damn blue bird? I use to see some, but now that I am looking for them, they are nowhere to be found.

They're in the Faron region - "Behind the Temple" or whatever it's called.
3 birds land right by the bird statue (the one where you can save your progress)
1 Blue, 1 Red, 1 Yellow. Red and Yellow both give white feathers, Blue bird gives blue feathers.
After you capture the birds, just run up to the temple door area, don't need to enter it, and then run back to the save area and all 3 birds will be back.
To catch them, pull out your bug net, have it facing down and walk over to them slowly, when you're close enough, whack it down.

You can get Monster Claws from Keese. You can find a bunch in the cave in Skyloft.

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I play the harp with Kina at Pumpkin Landing? The audience hates me, and I swear I'm playing it perfectly in time with their waves. Can someone upload a video of this part or just tell me what's wrong?

Nevermind. I followed the guy on the right with fast swipes and had to stay right on beat with him. Got a heart piece!

D

Deleted User

Any tips for getting tumbleweed? I have like 30 of every other item, and only 1 tumbleweed.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I have 3 questions.
1) Do you use bugs for anything besides selling them to the bug collector?
2) I'm at the second dungeon and I've bought every item from Beedle besides the heart medallion (or w/e it's called). Will he sell more items as the game progresses?
3) At any point in the game do you get to fly at night?

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how do i get the bug net, i know it in the flying house but i cant figure out how to get to it.
btw- jus finished earth temple, is there any items i should have for the upcoming temples.

Nizireth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
how do i get the bug net, i know it in the flying house but i cant figure out how to get to it

Just buy it. Stand in front of it, press A.

EDIT: Oh, you mean the shop? Let your Beetle fly against the bell and a rope will come down. Grab it and it'll take you up.

OMGshoes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how do i get the bug net, i know it in the flying house but i cant figure out how to get to it.
btw- jus finished earth temple, is there any items i should have for the upcoming temples.
Use your Slingshot/Beetle to hit the bell under the flying shop, a rope will drop down, walk over to it and grab it and you'll be lifted up.
Walk inside and you'll be able to purchase the bug net from Beedle.

Engezerstorung

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Any tips for getting tumbleweed? I have like 30 of every other item, and only 1 tumbleweed.
use the bug net on them
i got quite a few
cant seem to get any White Skulls, i got like 15 gold ones
I know how to capture them, I'm almost done with the game, I just wanted to know if there was good farming spot, I see like 1 every 10 mins.
this is the "farwest balls"? (sorry i'm french, the name of this object is weirder than the others and i'm don't sure if i'm right)

land on the savepoint near the 3th dungeon, at the spot where the naryu's sleep world was, i farm here (save point on your back, near the wall and the sand, and wait)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Anyone know how I can get this goddess cube in Eldin Volcano?
jshot20111118171336.png
It's the last one I'm missing and I can't reach any of the nearby vines with clawshot. It's past the hot room, near the entrance to the 6th dungeon (or is it 5th? I'm not sure, but I did it last)

Cilph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can't seem to hurt Tentalus. I keep skyward striking the tentacles, but they just keep coming. Is this some sort of AP?

Keep cutting off the tentacles that pop through the ground until the meanie comes up for you personally. Shoot him in the eye and he will fall face down. Spam with the sword on his eye. Repeat 3x, enter second stage, same strategy. Not entirely sure but I think the amount of tentacles he has left after stage one has effect on his attacks in stage two. Be sure to cut off a good bit of his hair.

Nizireth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Pumpkin Pull makes me go nuts. I always miss 600 points by one shot. Do you get a heart piece for 600 or do you need even more?

Also, I heard about a bamboo cutting minigame I haven't yet encountered. Any pointers where to go/what to do? Except for the fifth bottle, one Goddess Cube that I can't find for the life of me and a handful of heart pieces I'm done with the game, so I'm really curious how I could've missed a mini game..

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am in the volcano summit dungeon and I'm at the part where you give water to the frog statue to quench its thirst. The 2nd frog statue is out of reach so how would I give him water this time?

apa-sf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hm I am stuck after the first soul test and tears collection in Faron Woods.

I have entered the Earth temple with a purpose to seek every water pond etc. as now I am able to dive. I have meet the diggin buddy, just after the entrance to the boss room he told me that there is nothing more than a water. I have fought with the 3 skeletons and now I am in at the spirit. Tried to play music in front of the altar and in the shallow water where blue butterflies were gathering and nothing. Fi is also not giving me any useful tips. What should I do next?

Pumpkin Pull makes me go nuts. I always miss 600 points by one shot. Do you get a heart piece for 600 or do you need even more?

Also, I heard about a bamboo cutting minigame I haven't yet encountered. Any pointers where to go/what to do? Except for the fifth bottle, one Goddess Cube that I can't find for the life of me and a handful of heart pieces I'm done with the game, so I'm really curious how I could've missed a mini game..

This mini game is located at one of the northern floating islands in the Skyloft.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im back
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Find the studio rips, like a few GBs per song lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, game boys per song?
    I used to have a few of those with Direct Sound on XP and Audigy Platinum sound card with high end speakers was a glorious time for audio
    Lol no Gigabytes per song
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some websites have full studio rips of production kind of hard to find for obvious reasons
    +1
    Not sure current audio codec based sound built in to motherboards can handle the bit depth those used
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I just use mp3 files of the best quality i can find
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I say fuck it and open Spotify 80% of your musics already on it probably
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or just put in on yt
    Xdqwerty for most people hearing anything better than 256Kbps MP3 they cannot tell the difference
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    play the songs video
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Audiophiles mjs second allegation
    Pedo Audio what ever MJ was into he lost a glove
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mjs glove fit
    Billies Jeans did not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mj you are the father