The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask arrives on Nintendo Switch Online next month

unknown-14.png

On the heels of the arrival of Banjo Kazooie onto the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack service, Nintendo already has yet another heavy hitter of a Nintendo 64 title to offer for subscribers next month. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask will be launching on NSO sometime next month. Currently, you can play The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time--Majora's predecessor--on the Switch while you wait for February.

banjojohn

Trophies
XP
Country
So much for desiring a completely new version... Or at least the 3DS version. I am NOT going back to N64 after playing the improved 3DS version.

pwjpssdfvqyuhweuxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
IMHO Nintendo should've at least update the textures of each game, like even if they'd to the bare minimum like just using an "A.I" upscaler it would've looked much better without costing much performance if even at all.

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Somehow, I'm so tired of this Nintendo old-re-release-shit. And of people still being hyped about it. MM had a N64 release, a GC release, a 3DS release, and now you get a Switch copy. And people still hype it. At this point it just feels like Nintendo fanbois are just plain retarded. This low effort bullshit from Nintendo has to stop. Why not doing something new more frequently, than just milking the long dead cow?

Deleted member 568892

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they recompile the ROM with physics no longer tied to framerate then I would pay for this. It's not worth paying for a 20fps game in 2022. Especially since Nintendo already know exactly what lines of code to edit since they got the 3DS game to run at 30fps.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
So much for desiring a completely new version... Or at least the 3DS version. I am NOT going back to N64 after playing the improved 3DS version.
The 3DS version is awful, take care. They did an awesome job on Ocarina of Time 3D, and slaughter Majora Mask 3D.

Better experience still is on emulators.

Reactions: mightymuffy

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
The 3DS version is awful, take care.
Awful? Play the game on the emulator with graphics packs (1080P and up)...and compare it with the N64 version. Then you'll see which of the two versions is the "loser". Sure, the N64 are classics, since there was no 3DS back then. But since I personally played the 3DS versions, I don't even want to see the N64 versions from behind anymore. The only problem is the 3ds' resolution which is low as fuck.

Lv44ES_Burner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is clearly them trying to win brownie points. Considering that, even with recent updates to the NSO app, there's still numerous glitches with several of the N64 offerings -- the Watt glitches in Paper Mario's US release, no proper fog recreation in OoT, to name two glaring ones right off of the bat -- this is really just their idea of trying to keep people thinking it's still worth paying double the price for it, Genesis emulation, and only one DLC for a game someone might not own or be interested in.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is such a joke. With every year passing Ninty is only giving us more reasons to use a custom firmware.
Backup saves? No. -> Checkpoint
(later) backup saves? Yes, but only to cloud and not for all games. -> Checkpoint
NES and SNES? Sure, but only a small selection. -> RetroArch
Netflix? Amazon? No. -> Switchroot Android
N64? Yes, 4 years later, only a small selection and hidden behind another paywall -> RetroArch
Mario Kart? Yes, but only an old Wii U port with no real additions -> LayeredFS + mods
Use older Nintendo cotrollers? No, "maybe in a future update" (never happened and never will) -> MissionControl

This could go on forever. And that's the reason I won't buy a Nintendo console that's not hackable. As much as I love Nintendo and their games... their consoles are only fully enjoyable with a custom firmware.

Reactions: CrashMidnick

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Awful? Play the game on the emulator with graphics packs (1080P and up)...and compare it with the N64 version. Then you'll see which of the two versions is the "loser". Sure, the N64 are classics, since there was no 3DS back then. But since I personally played the 3DS versions, I don't even want to see the N64 versions from behind anymore. The only problem is the 3ds' resolution which is low as fuck.
Yes, it is awful. They ruined swimming, the color palette, the first boss, the dark atmosphere and almost every dungeon. Apart of making the hardest Zelda super easy (which goes against the game's overall nature).

Majora's Mask 3D is the Majora's Mask for toddlers.

Ocarina of time 3D on other hand is a masterpiece.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it is awful. They ruined swimming, the color palette, the first boss, the dark atmosphere and almost every dungeon. Apart of making the hardest Zelda super easy (which goes against the game's overall nature).

Majora's Mask 3D is the Majora's Mask for toddlers.

Ocarina of time 3D on other hand is a masterpiece.
What if I told you the old ass N64 versions were horrible and the 3DS versions better in every way?

Gamerjin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also, as a fellow gamer that has both N64 and 3ds version(eshop) and played both.
i can say that both have their pros and cons.
for now i will only mention what i didnt like about the 3ds version:
  • nerfed bosses (giant eyeball thing. really, nintendo?, also 3ds Odolwa, you HAVE to use the deku mask, and Twinmold now has two phases and in n64 you were able to kill one of them fairly quickly.)
  • giant's mask reworked. (n64 you could use your sword, 3ds youre bare-handed and slow)
  • less fog, so not really as "dark" as it should have been.
  • they changed the way zora link swims.
  • they changed the Gyorg’s Moon Dungeon

Ampersound

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I hope they actually do this game justice, with low input latency and proper emulation.
It's such a good game, amazing music and atmosphere, great dungeon design and the pacing is pretty compact.
Hopefully a lot of new players will get the chance to enjoy it now.

Nintendo can still suck my balls with their service.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [He will] only make $1.5 million per night after taxes. Poor guy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My stupid computer chair keeps slowly going down, but I don't notice it goes down, until I'm like reaching up to my desk. I just bought this f er last year.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Does Bruno Mars is gay?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    K3nv2 would know...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only for Bakers
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I heard he has a Wario fetish, but only if no Wizards are around.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    jk with you Bakerman, much love. fist bump.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He really knows how to kneed the dough
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Man. I can't wait til CTGP 8 comes out on Switch, been waiting forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Boners Makes me wanna play Duck Hunt NES
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pooping nice
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What is a "Poop de Boop"? I've heard it mentioned several times now but have no idea and can't find anything online bout it. Is it a British term for restroom/bathroom or something?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It is a perfume
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why do we have virgin islands if it's populated
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They should change the name to K3Nv2's Mom islands. (Or before he responds, My Wifeys Islands)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah me saying that's more predictable than you talking about my mom
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hence urewifes so predictable she'd buy every man on the virgin islands
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or they buy her
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    true dat, on that note I'ma try go get some myself, peace!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess she doesn't need to be bought she has your money
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/-GDjDECLDG0?si=MNEjk8rkmioj1xE2