Gaming The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i can't believe some people are complaining about links walk speed. what the fuck is wrong with them it is fine! what did they expect him to be running fast like in botw? :P

fucking loving this game. it was always one of my fav zeldas to play and they made it even better. not just the graphics it's the other little secrets they added like the
seashell detector.
it's also not as easy to get the power sword you have to work harder to get it now. i'm having so much fun with the dungeon editor pity you can't share the levels though. i'm also glad they kept the
color dungeon.

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely one of my favorite childhood games and I haven't even booted it up despite grabbing it when it leaked. I installed it but I can't be bothered with these performance issues. That and I've got enough games to play but I'll play it before the year is over, patch or not.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by hippy dave,

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Playing this on the Switch made me realise how ambitious the original Gameboy version was in trying to cram an epic Zelda adventure on 8bit handheld. As much as I want an Oracle remake, I hope they use the engine for an original 2D Zelda game.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The_Legend_of_Zelda_Links_Awakening_Update_v1.0.1_NSW-VENOM

Anyone know if the fps is fixed?
I kinda have the same question. Is this the newest one? How is the fps/performance issues so far?

Yeah 1.0.1 is latest patch, AFAIK it only fixed issue with Marin going to Toronbo Shores.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Funnily, I haven't noticed frame drops. Of course, I am not that demanding, and play handheld exclusively.
The game is great, I love it and I consider it a nice Link to the Past in 3D.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to the latest 2.9.2 SXOS today but I'm still on 8.0.1 ....when I install this update, it greys out my game icon and shows just a loading icon, tells me the file is corrupt and I'm forced to delete it and reinstall it. I'm back on 1.0.0. I shouldn't have to update to 9.0.1 for this one? It installed fine on my sister's switch on latest SX and firmware...

pr0dukt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game needs networkable dungeon layout sharing, like SMM2. About the only thing its missing.
Amazing game otherwise. Been killin' it at an alarming rate, since I picked it up this weekend.

and people complaining about his walk speed, need to take a look at the world pacing, if he went insanely fast, everything else would look off, and it would unsync the whole pace of the game. His speed was intentional, and honestly makes the game more challenging in some senses. though if you want a broken experience, I'm sure memory editing to increase his speed is not a farcry. There are already plenty of other viable codes out for this game on tinfoil. Though personally, I think cheating takes the fun entirely out of games like TLoZ.. to each their own i guess.

especime

Trophies
XP
Country
I updated to the latest 2.9.2 SXOS today but I'm still on 8.0.1 ....when I install this update, it greys out my game icon and shows just a loading icon, tells me the file is corrupt and I'm forced to delete it and reinstall it. I'm back on 1.0.0. I shouldn't have to update to 9.0.1 for this one? It installed fine on my sister's switch on latest SX and firmware...
I'm using the XCI and tried to update the game using the SXOS built-in installer, but the update file icon was white and it kept giving me error reading the NCA (tried a bunch of different NSP update files). The solution I found was using the SXOS installer v3.0.

Enviado do meu ONEPLUS A3003 através do Tapatalk

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the XCI and tried to update the game using the SXOS built-in installer, but the update file icon was white and it kept giving me error reading the NCA (tried a bunch of different NSP update files). The solution I found was using the SXOS installer v3.0.

Enviado do meu ONEPLUS A3003 através do Tapatalk

Strange, since I also did that as well. I only use that now. I DID do something I've not done before which could be causing it but I doubt it. I couldn't be bothered taking the SD card out and hooked up to FTP I just deleted the sx folder (was 2.0.0) and copied in 3.0.0. Maybe I should just try updating my firmware....¨

Updated to latest firmware and installed the patch with no problems.

Last edited by isoboy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte