The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening is getting a remake

It's been more than 25 years since The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening launched for the Game Boy. Announced as the finale to today's Nintendo Direct was a remake of the the 2D Zelda game. The trailer gives us a look at the updated visuals and gameplay, taking on a style similar to The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. The game will launch this year, as a Nintendo Switch exclusive.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh man, I had not even thought this far ahead yet. Can you imagine this being a $60 game? Sadly, I can with it being Nintendo and all.
IMO, some franchise should stick to their old price
Even if it's on Switch and can be played as home console
I mean, LA remake should be Albw price (40-50$)
Same with Pokemon main franchise (40-50$)
But sadly, theyll price it as a full AAA home console game :(

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I couldn’t believe my eyes at the animated intro, then the horrible art style ruined it.:cry:

When I read "3D Remake" I immediately thought it was going to look like Breath of the Wild, but no, it's Link to the Past meets Pocoyo.

Still, better than nothing.

DragonBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Glad they remade it... However they could have come up with a better art style... Looks like some quick made mobile game... :( I'll still buy it if it ends up good overall...

Last edited by DragonBoy,

Frankbel

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
but they won't just like they never did in their other remakes. the best you can expect is the DX dungeon included.
If you mention the remaster of Zelda WW, TP and OoT, I agree. In that case they just updated the textures. But in this case they are re-doing the graphics.
I would perhaps compare with the job done for Metroid 2 for 3DS, which I haven't played so far.

Enryx25

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This game made me curious... are there any Zelda games that are story-heavy, except the obvious Switch one? I haven't played any of Zelda and ordered Breath of the Wild a few days ago, but I do have a modified 3DS and not really sure where to start with Zelda and should I even start in the first place...
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask (More sidequests-heavy than story-heavy tbh)
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
Phantom Hourglass
Spirit Tracks
Skyward Sword
A Link Between Worlds

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bet dollars to donuts that the same people who are bashing the art style are assuming the remake is going to suck.
I bet my two dollars that those who complain about the art are still gonna buy it :)

Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1