Gaming The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX

Gman 101

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does anyone know where you can get Link's Awakening? I really really really wanna get it for my old Gameboy Pocket (for no apparent reason). I've checked ebay and all the available options are overseas and have shipping costs 3 times the price of the game itself
blink.gif
and the only available one in Australia is $61 ($56US, crazy eh?)
wtf.gif

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the non-DX version if you're interested. Shipping would be around $3 Canadian. I don't know why shipping is so much, probably just eBayers gouging it for extra profit.

I mailed a DVD to Brazil and it was like $8 bucks

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Jerro123 said:
Does anyone know where you can get Link's Awakening? I really really really wanna get it for my old Gameboy Pocket (for no apparent reason). I've checked ebay and all the available options are overseas and have shipping costs 3 times the price of the game itself
blink.gif
and the only available one in Australia is $61 ($56US, crazy eh?)
wtf.gif

join the club, i could easily rom it but its never the same, i want to complete my legit zelda game collection.
frown.gif
to add to my torment i want to buy a gameboy colour very badly too. and yeah i have the non dx version already.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You go to the post office, fill out one of those import tags and mail it after paying them whatever it costs from here to there. It's basically one form instead of one stamp for mailing out of the country.

Jack-Of-Trades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check amazon.com

NVM US Only

Game
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX by Sound Source Interactive (Game Boy Color)
10 Used & new from $14.44

Guide
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX by James Ratkos and Elizabeth Hollinger (Paperback - Jul 21, 1999)
10 Used & new from $35.00

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 'DX' version of Link's Awakening I had some years ago so I'll try and remember up a list here:
- Extra 'color' dungeon where you had some color based puzzles
- Finishing this dungeon would get you a choice in a better weapon or armor (you choose, can't have both)
- GB Printer function, multiple spots to have your(Link's) picture taken in a cutesy anime style photo
- Cleaned up a few rotten bugs the B&W original had including a nasty progression stopper causing you to have to restart (I had it happen on my old one years ago, replaced it with GBC one, happens around the face shrine if I remember right.)

I think there was a boost you could do to your magic meter too but I'm not sure.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kais said:
What's the difference between the two?
well bascially one was for the original game boy the other DX ver remade for the game boy color and had some extra fetures mentioned above

overall oracle series I would say was better then links awakening

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
kais said:
What's the difference between the two?
well bascially one was for the original game boy the other DX ver remade for the game boy color and had some extra fetures mentioned above

overall oracle series I would say was better then links awakening
Oh,yeah I get what you mean just downloaded the original and DX version.
If he wants to play it so bad just download and play It on your DS.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow, I didnt know it was that hard to get hold of. I too had my zelda DX pickle where I was trying to find another one, but this was several years ago... I lent my copy to a friend and said "dont take it to this party", turns out he took it to the party and lost it. Whats a game doing at a party anyway???

Anyway Luckily I found another aquantance that had it aswell, so I bought it off him for like $40 >_>

I still have the box, game and manual in pristine condition, and if they are fetching high prices on ebay I might try my luck out!
grog.gif

Screw the cartrige when you can download the rom!
yaynds.gif

every penny helps!

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does make a nice collectors item though

I have both oracle games box+manuals also
link to the past complete
minish cap complete
zelda I + II complete (classic NES series)

been wanting links awk DX to make a nice collection

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay