NULL

The Legend of Zelda: Kamigami no Triforce 2 - A Link To The Past 2?

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by T-hug, Apr 17, 2013.

1. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States

Considering how long it's been since a traditional style Zelda, I'm okay with this. (assuming it's not PH/ST style controls, though)

chavosaur likes this.
  2. EyeZ

EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

Dec 4, 2009
    I loved the trailer, release day purchase for me.

The 3DS has got some great games lined up for release, i'll start with Fire Emblem, roll on Friday.

3. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    This isn't the big 'ol LoZ I was expecting as their first original LoZ release for the 3DS, but it does look pretty fun. I'll make it a point to pre-order this one sometime in the fall, once I know more about it. I'm just hoping it's slightly easier than it's predecessor. I never did have enough skill to finish that game, which is a shame, since I did make it to the final dungeon.

4. MushGuy

MushGuy GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 11, 2010
    United States
    A new non-Toon Link game for our handheld? Thank you Nintendo!

chavosaur likes this.
  5. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    No. The Zelda games have been waaay too easy as of late. Give us challenge.

gamefan5, DaggerV, 2ndApex and 3 others like this.
  6. Nah3DS

Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Feb 9, 2010
    Argentina
    we had enough 3D Zeldas for now
    it's time to go back to basics

7. Rizsparky

Rizsparky Saiyan Prince

Aug 13, 2007
    The Future
    I thought fans actually wanted a top down 3DS zelda, I myself wanted something fresh and this is exactly that

NightsOwl and chavosaur like this.
  8. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    Well, technically it's still 3d. :P

RodrigoDavy likes this.
  9. B-Blue

B-Blue slut

GBAtemp Patron
    B-Blue is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2006
    Antarctica
    Brix were shat.

10. Nah3DS

Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Feb 9, 2010
    Argentina
    yeah, you're right... but you get what I mean
    next time we need a 100% sprite based game :lol:

11. Nathan Drake

Jan 2, 2011
    I wouldn't call Skyward Sword easy, nor would I say that Majora's Mask wasn't challenging. Wind Waker took some skill and patience, especially when collecting the Triforce shards. Twilight Princess was overall just not all that easy in a number of ways (those dungeons could really kick your ass). Really, I'd say Ocarina of Time is the only one that a person could easily say was way too easy, and even then, the fun factor more than makes up for that, as well as the inclusion of Master Quest in a couple of the releases of it. Not counting the stupid DS Zelda games, few of the games have been void of challenge since the SNES days.

The difficulty is certainly far from nonexistent; it just isn't classically difficult to make up for limited content. Imagine if A Link to the Past was only half as difficult: that would have boiled down to maybe a five hour adventure if you took your time. The difficulty, although not Nintendo Hard, was in place to extend gameplay. That simply isn't a necessity anymore. That isn't to say that a purposefully difficult game won't still do well in the market (see: Demon's Souls and Dark Souls), but when you can already plug in a decently long, fulfilling adventure without an extra 10 hours of redoing shit because you're dying every 65 steps, there's no longer a need to push difficulty. Hell, even Demon's Souls makes it clear that difficulty is to extend the life of the game. Ever played Demon's Souls and gotten fairly good with the character you're using? If you have an easy (as compared to the first play through and other +'s) New Game +, it takes maybe five, six hours tops to get through it.

There really isn't a need for very difficult with not very much content anymore. You may satisfy the nostalgia of some, but a game that is playable without being too easy will pull in far more people.

NightsOwl, geoflcl and chavosaur like this.
  12. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    To be clear, I agree with the no and Give us a challenge. Not the "waaay too easy" part.

Then I rather Nintendo give us options or some kind of original then new+ for people who think hard difficultly isn't needed if there enough content.

Other words, I want games with "very difficult" and a lot of content.

edit: Yeah, I said I wasn't going continue, but I felt the need to elaborate.

13. Nathan Drake

Jan 2, 2011
    I'd like to say I missed your unintelligent posts the past few months I wasn't here. But. Uh. No. Reread my post and please make it a point to actually comprehend the words you're reading.

gamefan5 and Tom Bombadildo like this.
  14. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    So, you are going insult me for no reason and then expect me to continue the conversation? Yeah, no.

All you had to do is explain what I missed.

15. Nathan Drake

Jan 2, 2011
    That's like, how I do things though. Don't tell me you forgot? D:

I was simply saying that with the capacity to make games much longer than those from the NES/SNES era, making a very difficult game is no longer necessary. Most modern games are entirely out of touch with the idea of that kind of difficulty anymore. When you can already craft a 20 - 25 hour adventure without killing the player often, there's isn't a need for things like that to extend what would otherwise be a short adventure in the days of retro gaming. Just imagine if A Link to the Past was easier: it would have been very short. Even dying as often as I did, I only clocked maybe 10 hours before hitting the end game, and that was with having to replay about two hours that I can recall, as well as counting losses of five minutes here, or 10 minutes there for a total of maybe four hours of dying and replaying.

Honestly, making a game that difficult anymore would murder sales. It isn't the Zelda people know anymore, and it isn't the Zelda Nintendo is trying to push these days.

16. Alexrose

Alexrose Untitled

Jan 20, 2009
    England
    Is it just me or does that wall travelling item look overpowered as shit? Think back to any zelda dungeon and think what it would've been like with that. You could do the water temple in 10 minutes.

17. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    I'd like to assume that they will have preventions and limits to it.
    For example, I notice in the video the magic meter looks a little depleted when he's in that mode. For all we know, it could only be in power for like 5 seconds.
    Not to mention the fact that this game seems to be about progressing upwards/downwards. The levels of the floors probably can't be accessed simply by going paper. In fact, looking at those moments, it doesn't look like he'd be able to travel upwards when in that form.
    Trust me, it's Zelda. They won't make it THAT easy to complete a dungeon :P

eyes and KingVamp like this.
  18. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
  19. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    Just finished watching the 3D Trailer. I have to admit. If the game ends up being like that, the 3D effect is really really nice. It actually seems like the bones and link are popping off the screen when they fly or jump.

Rydian and chavosaur like this.
  20. TyBlood13

TyBlood13 As Seen On GBATempTV

pip Member
    GBAtemp Patron
    TyBlood13 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 1, 2012
    United States
    Lexington, Kentucky
    I always wanted paper Zelda, not quite what I was expecting it to be. (not bashing it)
    My wallet is SO empty for the next 2 years...

NULL