The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now fully playable in Cemu

Renowned Nintendo Wii U emulator, CEMU, is making quite an astonishing amount of progress. Team Cemu, the developers behind the emulator, which receives over $35,000 a month via Patreon, have recently released Cemu 1.7.4c, as of April 1, 2017. While you could play The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild at 720p on your Wii U, or even 900p on your Switch, thanks to Team Cemu's hard work, if you have a PC capable enough, it's possible to experience the latest Zelda game at 3840x2160, full 4K HD, even commonly hitting 30 frames per second. Of course, while there are intermittent bugs and glitches from being played on an emulator, as of this latest build, Breath of the Wild is fully playable, start to end, through Cemu. Not only that, but there are even custom graphic packs available to use as well, enhancing the visuals of the game even further. Of course, running the game in such a state takes a lot of power, as the video linked above utilized an i7 6700k and a GTX 1070 to allow for stable performance. Of course, you don't even need to upscale the game, though it still requires a fairly capable PC. While the latest build is backer only, the public will be able to experience Cemu 1.7.4c when it becomes available on April 9.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But didn't Bleem and VGS set precedence and shown that commercial emulators of a video game system were legal?
That was many years ago, and that should still stand. So C&D based on what?
On nothing apparently. People is just salty over the fact that their long loved and most favorite game can be played for free and will run better than on their console.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe in 5 years this emulator will be able to emulate Wii U games accurately, or maybe 10 years. The latest released console that has accurate emulator is the PS1, everything after that is garbage. N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube and Wii definately have playable emulators, but they're nowhere near the original experience. Also, why would anyone use a 2000$ PC to massively struggle to play a Wii U game with glitches, slowdowns and crashes when they can get a Wii U for 1/10 of the price?
PPSSPP is an excellent psp emulator, even on budget smartphones. Dolphin is pretty good at Wii and GC games too, so that's wrong. Also N64 emulation is still terrible and even SNES emulators still have glitches and issues with sound emulation.

Reactions: naddel81

franchy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PPSSPP is an excellent psp emulator, even on budget smartphones. Dolphin is pretty good at Wii and GC games too, so that's wrong. Also N64 emulation is still terrible and even SNES emulators still have glitches and issues with sound emulation.

lol what? Did we suddendly jump in 2000?

Reactions: Deleted User
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The most accurate emulator yet is Dolphin for Wii and GC. Ig is so accirate that you can now buy games from the Wii Shop Channel through the emulator. That's also why rumors say that CemU team may have stolen code from Dolphin. And the problem with CemU is that the devs preffered rushing compatibility with popular games rather than to make it accurate.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
What is stopping ninty's legal team from C&Ding their asses until the next decade? They could legally sue the owners of CEMU for a couple hundred thousand in losses due to the emulator, right?
Emulating games, like running backups, is not itself inherently illegal. Like, you COULD back up and play copies of your own games so they last longer. Yes they could "legally sue" they just won't know if they would win until they try, and either winning or losing a case like that would set a dangerous precedent.

D

Deleted User

This is quite impressive, they seriously make lightspeed progress!
It's amazing what money can do. Although I'm a little worried that whenever it is eventually abandoned or the money dries up, they won't open source it, and it will stop working on newer computers

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the post meant is that the emulator can play the new Zelda, which is one of the only Switch games worth playing right now.
But it's a port which has features not available on the Wii U so it's not the exact same game. It's misleading to even call it a Switch game in any regard.

P.S. your comment is purely subjective. Snipperclips and Fast RMX look amazing.
Basically this. My english can be pretty bad most of the time.
If you had just admitted you were wrong to begin with I would of let it go. I sometimes get my information wrong and I can admit to being at fault. It's not difficult and it makes you mature.

Last edited by RemixDeluxe,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1