Hacking The Legend of Zelda BOTW DEMO being copied to an SD card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know much about the Wii U but how is copying the game on to an SD card going to help? Aren't the files console specific.

CKlidify

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know much about the Wii U but how is copying the game on to an SD card going to help? Aren't the files console specific.
There's a built in feature to move to sd card. Unless he somehow got a hold of homebrew software on it..

XavyrrVaati

Hobbyist programmer?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a chance that because it's a mass demo not intended for actual distribution, it might be like a legit cia?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
PROTIP: If you're going to steal a demo from E3, don't post about it on Twitter.
Security is so tight to begin with I don't think it matters. I really want to believe that this is real but it sounds too good to be true.
Someone's being trying to do so. CAT-R units fail attempting to load the kernel exploit. He's probing the CAT-I units now. (just what I have read on Twitter)
I guess you know who
Which twitter?

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PROTIP: If you're going to steal a demo from E3, don't post about it on Twitter.
Yeah, that was my first thought...if this is something you're actually trying to do, maybe don't tell anyone until the deed is done and you're...ya know, safely away from the convention. If someone has the access to get close enough to do such a thing, they probably stand to lose a lot if they're found out.

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country
gR11A8l.png

So there's no update on this?

I bet it's false.
I saw the twitter account before it was deleted, the guy was tweeted that he was watching the Treehouse stream and he was commenting on announcements as they happened. So he wasn't at the show floor.
He also tweeted that the soundtrack was ripped from the dump and was leaked.

Sounds like an immature teenager just trying to get attention.
If it were "leaked" we'd know about it.

Reactions: huma_dawii

juli299

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Haha I even wrote in the Twitch chat "someone should take their pc with them and dump the demo using ddd" and now a rumour like this appears, what a coincidence :D
So there's no update on this?

I bet it's false.
I saw the twitter account before it was deleted, the guy was tweeted that he was watching the Treehouse stream and he was commenting on announcements as they happened. So he wasn't at the show floor.
He also tweeted that the soundtrack was ripped from the dump and was leaked.

Sounds like an immature teenager just trying to get attention.
If it were "leaked" we'd know about it.
Well he wrote SOMEONE was dumping the demo so he wasn't claiming to be that person ;)
I will keep my fingers crossed but that would be too good to be true

Reactions: Aerocool

Connell112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
e3_booht5.jpg

A snap of the E3 booth. It doesn't seem completely unreasonable someone could slip an SD card considering how many units are in there, and how crowded the ones at the far back of the picture are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning