ROM Hack RELEASE The Legend of Heroes: Trails To Azure Kai - Complete English & Partial Japanese patch + QoL patches

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So for people interested in Cold Steel 1 and 2 translation.
[...]
Progress report:
All textures, texts and movies seem to be reimplemented. I am currently on Chapter 3.
Beside that I'm adding custom options menu that will allow changing audio between Japanese and English if someone will convert audio in future, FPS lock, and more if I will find something interesting. If you have any good idea that won't be too complicated to apply (beside rendering resolution, this I'm trying to figure out), speak out.

I was trying also to make custom texture loader to reduce overall mod size (currently takes >1 GB) because game is structured in the way that many textures are repeated, but for now couldn't figure out what function is reponsible for decompressing texture files.

Trivia:
- Game moved from OpenGL to NVN in patch 1.0.3 (second game also did that). This did improve performance, but not enough to not visibly framedrop in handheld when f.e. running. If you will OC GPU to 460 MHz (game is using 307 MHz btw which is pretty dumb), framedrops are very rare and practically not visible.

Edit: Ok, figured out Rendering Resolution.
Game is rendering in 720p both in handheld and docked. Only some shadow settings are buffed in docked and you have access to FXAA. Was trying to figure out window resolution, but it seems trying to change it above 720p crashes game.
2022031010551800.jpg

Last edited by masagrator,

Graber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
just have a tiny sliver of patience man jeez
i worked on this patch before there was even an official announcement and knowing how trails from zero's switch release looks i'd have you guys playing that version instead of this hot mess of a port that CLE did cause nothing i did in this patch can salvage it.

zero literally reuses the text from the patch i did for zero and im sure azure will too so you're just getting the better game by waiting. it's not that far off....

Last edited by Graber,
Reactions: tombly

TheDoctor13

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
just have a tiny slither of patience man jeez
i worked on this patch before there was even an official announcement and knowing how trails from zero's switch release looks i'd have you guys playing that version instead of this hot mess of a port that CLE did cause nothing i did in this patch can salvage it.

zero literally reuses the text from the patch i did for zero and im sure azure will too so you're just getting the better game by waiting. it's not that far off....
March is pretty far, Graber T_T
It's too long to be away from KeA and the family.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night