ROM Hack RELEASE The Legend of Heroes: Trails To Azure Kai - Complete English & Partial Japanese patch + QoL patches

Kun_ADR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cambodia
May I know if this work on SX OS? I tired copying the folder to both Atmosphere and SX OS folder but nothing seem to work. Trail from Zero patch work perfectly though.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks for your hard work on the patch.

Kirby567fan

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Note that there is a crash preventing completion of the game near the end. Big spoilers below. I already reported it.

Upon entering Arios' domain the game will crash following the entry cutscene
As a temporary fix for this, press the B button throughout the whole scene.
This skips playing the voices which are the source of the problem.

Rudy69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I noticed that Cold Steel 1 is now out for Switch. Are you guys planning on tackling this one too or are you just going to stick to Zero and Azure?

Thanks again for the great work on Zero and Azure, really really well done!

Reactions: dpozzolo

Shenrai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a temporary fix for this, press the B button throughout the whole scene.
This skips playing the voices which are the source of the problem.

Thanks. This allowed me to skip it. I just cleared the game and found one last issue, which is during the final boss the OST does not play at all. Complete silence. If you die and retry the fight the OST starts working, however. @Kirby567fan

On a side note thanks everyone for letting me play the game on the switch. Great work.

I uploaded a save directly before the final boss encounter. Forgot to do that. You need to defeat one encounter before it, though.

Attachments

• danny.rar
    338.6 KB · Views: 117
Last edited by Shenrai,
Reactions: Kirby567fan

dpozzolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I noticed that Cold Steel 1 is now out for Switch. Are you guys planning on tackling this one too or are you just going to stick to Zero and Azure?

Thanks again for the great work on Zero and Azure, really really well done!

I'm just waiting for someone telling if there is a chance we're getting this english patch for Cold Steel 1 on switch. If it's not happening I'll play the game on PC. I really wanted to play this on Switch though.

Anyway, the work people have done on Zero and Azure (super fast) was amazing, so, thanks for the hard work to the team!

Rudy69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm just waiting for someone telling if there is a chance we're getting this english patch for Cold Steel 1 on switch. If it's not happening I'll play the game on PC. I really wanted to play this on Switch though.

Anyway, the work people have done on Zero and Azure (super fast) was amazing, so, thanks for the hard work to the team!
I'm in a similar position. I actually own it on my Vita AND on Steam.... yet it's still on my backlog. But I was hoping to play it on my Switch instead. Mind you I'm not planning on playing it until I'm done with Azure and I'm only on chapter 2 so far.

tombly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was a tester for both patches of the Crossbell arc and I'll be heading the efforts to create an English patch for the new Cold Steel 1 port this time around. In theory, it should be easier to do since the game has actually been officially localized and the English script files aren't based off of a completely different variant of the game.

I've used a mix of files from the PS4 and PC versions and currently have the entire scenario and most non-scenario implemented. There's still some kinks to iron out, though. Texture replacements completely crash the game. As a result, battle UI graphics are entirely in Japanese and can't currently be replaced with English assets. There's also some spacing issues with various UI strings. English voice acting is also another issue entirely. Due to these issues, I'm not quite ready to toss up a topic or a release just yet. I'll do so when I'm confident in a release that's as stable as I can reasonably make it. :)

Here's two early pics in the meantime.

2021.07.08_062704.jpg

2021.07.08_064157.jpg

Last edited by tombly,

dpozzolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was a tester for both patches of the Crossbell arc and I'll be heading the efforts to create an English patch for the new Cold Steel 1 port this time around. In theory, it should be easier to do since the game has actually been officially localized and the English script files aren't based off of a completely different variant of the game.

I've used a mix of files from the PS4 and PC versions and currently have the entire scenario and most non-scenario implemented. There's still some kinks to iron out, though. Texture replacements completely crash the game. As a result, battle UI graphics are entirely in Japanese and can't currently be replaced with English assets. There's also some spacing issues with various UI strings. English voice acting is also another issue entirely. Due to these issues, I'm not quite ready to toss up a topic or a release just yet. I'll do so when I'm confident in a release that's as stable as I can reasonably make it. :)

Fantastic news! I'll gladly wait for your patch! Thanks for the answer and for your hard work!

I'm looking forward to the release!

wluigi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

2021.07.08_062704.jpg

2021.07.08_064157.jpg
That's amazing! I was wondering about English VA, actually, since the English release has more voiced dialogue than the JP one...

Shenrai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a heads up that the Switch port of CS1/2 are apparently very lazy. As in the vita version has better performance.

Shenrai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But CS2 is releasing in August, so how do you or this somebody know?

Guess it was just CS1, then. Scott from Geofront said so. This is what was said in the discord.

Attachments

• Discord_2021-07-09_17-44-58.png
    Discord_2021-07-09_17-44-58.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 212
  • Discord_2021-07-09_17-45-04.png
    Discord_2021-07-09_17-45-04.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 211

zptanta4

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Thinking of playing this after Zero for which you’ve done awesome work! This patch has no issue all the way to the end? It seems someone posted some crash near the end of the game, just wandering if that has been fixed?

Kirby567fan

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Thinking of playing this after Zero for which you’ve done awesome work! This patch has no issue all the way to the end? It seems someone posted some crash near the end of the game, just wandering if that has been fixed?
They're already fixed but since there are other minor issues (mostly text stuff so no crashes) we prefer releasing after all of them(or the important ones) are fixed.
Tho the remaining crashes show up just a bit before the final boss so you probably wont encounter them before the update is released.

BardPrince

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

2021.07.08_062704.jpg

2021.07.08_064157.jpg

AMAZING! Anxiously waiting for the
patch ^^

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I dont know if this is the right place to ask but I struggle with using cheats at the moment..
I could use EdiZonSE quite well in trails from zero but everytime I open EdiZon for this Game it reads:
"Dmnt detached from game process, press ZL+B to attach. relaunch EdiZon SE to access this game"

I already did a clean install of atmosphere, hekate, game and patch.
Any help on this ??

HOS: 12.1.0
AMS: 19.5 ( with Mesosphere )
It's not the right place. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr