The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III is slated to release on PC in March

PC players will be able to continue the long-running Trails of Cold Steel story this spring, when NIS America brings the third game to the platform, as they announced today. Originally released for PlayStation 4 in late 2019, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III will soon be available on PC, with the new version including bonus features such as 240+fps support, improved textures and graphical effects, a better camera, a fast-forward mode for battles, and autosaving. Trails of Cold Steel III will release on Steam and GOG on March 23, 2020. If you pre-order or purchase the game within the first week of launch, you'll get a bundle of cosmetic DLCs for free. The game is also slated to get a port to the Nintendo Switch, though that version has no release date at this time, other than spring 2020.

Immortallix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
240fps god damn! I hope NISA's discount prices are better than Xseed's, still waiting for a good price on the first 2.
Also hope a modder can fix that pesky censorship.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
240fps god damn! I hope NISA's discount prices are better than Xseed's, still waiting for a good price on the first 2.
Also hope a modder can fix that pesky censorship.
What censorship? You're the second person to mention this, but with nothing to back it up other than NiSA admitting to it in a stream.

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What censorship? You're the second person to mention this, but with nothing to back it up other than NiSA admitting to it in a stream.

Exactly, the NISA translator admitted to not actually knowing the series and glancing over summaries of the story (ergo the translation may be lacking understanding of many terms used), not wanting Japanesisms in the game, wanting to purge the Japanese cultural bits, etc. It's become less translation and more dubbing.

I ain't sure what's in the PC translation in full, nobody does yet, but it does not send a good message to the fans that they care what the fans want. I'm forced to remember the Kobayashi Dragon Maid debacle and other such issues with Funimation's dubs, where they left most of the plot intact until suddenly complete change of the script for a single scene/episode. IE: The episode of one anime (pretty sure Kobayashi) where the females are disappointed at the male being into lewd books, to suddenly the dub calling him a mysoginist (which is more a political statement).

Until we see the whole script they're giving us for the PC NA translation, we cannot say for certain, but that the translator basically admits to politically dubbing and the sort? Yeah that's not cool.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Exactly, the NISA translator admitted to not actually knowing the series and glancing over summaries of the story (ergo the translation may be lacking understanding of many terms used), not wanting Japanesisms in the game, wanting to purge the Japanese cultural bits, etc. It's become less translation and more dubbing.

I ain't sure what's in the PC translation in full, nobody does yet, but it does not send a good message to the fans that they care what the fans want. I'm forced to remember the Kobayashi Dragon Maid debacle and other such issues with Funimation's dubs, where they left most of the plot intact until suddenly complete change of the script for a single scene/episode. IE: The episode of one anime (pretty sure Kobayashi) where the females are disappointed at the male being into lewd books, to suddenly the dub calling him a mysoginist (which is more a political statement).

Until we see the whole script they're giving us for the PC NA translation, we cannot say for certain, but that the translator basically admits to politically dubbing and the sort? Yeah that's not cool.

The script was fine for the most part.

The thing people should be concerned about is the competence of the pc port after the shambles of the Ys 8 pc version.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The script was fine for the most part.

The thing people should be concerned about is the competence of the pc port after the shambles of the Ys 8 pc version.
The script may be changed for the PC release is a viable thing. "Improved" script or something else they could pose it off as. Again, until the PC port hits the west, we can only assume the worse because the translator's words evoke the worst.

MadMakuFuuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yes!!!
but im concerned about nisa doing the port too. Ys 8 was a shame in that regard, so i am holding my horses here.

MasterPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I didn't think we would get a release THIS year ... my bet was on Q4 2021 or Q2 2022
But if it doesn't get delayed, it's in the perfect time frame to finish it ("100%";twice) before the Cyberpunk release

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
About fucking time. With Durante on board I hope CS IV can follow soon as well. Glad the PC version of Falcom games can be the definitive versions again.

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So update on the translation issue: Seems that NISA (America NIS) made a statement stating that they do plan to more 'dub' than 'translate', to transfer Japanese values to American ones - implying that Japanese culture is not proper, etc.

Reactions: MadMakuFuuma

MadMakuFuuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So update on the translation issue: Seems that NISA (America NIS) made a statement stating that they do plan to more 'dub' than 'translate', to transfer Japanese values to American ones - implying that Japanese culture is not proper, etc.

ironic, if you think, because the people who usually play this type of game (j-rpgs) are heavy engaged in the Japanese culture, in the first place. i now that make sense what nisa are proposing, because is better to have a wide variety of players, instead of a bunch of otakus (me included) LOL, but we can't always satisfy everyone... like what the recent star wars movies clearly showed, for example.

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ironic, if you think, because the people who usually play this type of game (j-rpgs) are heavy engaged in the Japanese culture, in the first place. i now that make sense what nisa are proposing, because is better to have a wide variety of players, instead of a bunch of otakus (me included) LOL, but we can't always satisfy everyone... like what the recent star wars movies clearly showed, for example.
Exactly. They should be trying to focus on the niche, not catering to the 'larger' crowd. And let's be real: how many "SJW" scale projects succeed? Batwoman? Supergirl? The Sequal Star Wars Saga ("The Force is Female")? New ghost busters?

People lost track of what sells in their effort to expand. You can't land every niche...

Edit: I am not saying properties aimed at the masses can't work, just those which are designed with an SJW agenda in mind are often failures. Repeatedly.

Last edited by VartioArtel,
Reactions: MadMakuFuuma

MasterPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't want upgrade my PC for this game, so buying a switch lite will be the best choice to play this game.

Did you take a look at the minimum requirements?

Windows 10/8.1/7 64-bit
Core i3-2100 3.10 GHz
8 GB RAM
Geforce GTX 650 Ti
DirectX: Version 11
25 GB free space

are you sure you can't upgrade to this with less than 300€?

MasterPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's close now! I wish they made it available for pre-order/pre-load via Steam though.

Yeah! It would have been nice to know the price at least ....
but I've read in its steam forum that steam didn't give the preorder option because the series isn't popular enough
which is a bleak outlook when I see the amount of "cheap", "noname" indie-titles that get the preorder option

(but I still have to finish my second CS2 playthrough to get the bonus dungeon and black records translated :D )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night