ROM Hack RELEASE The Legend of Heroes: Trails From Zero Kai - Complete English & Partial Japanese patch + QoL patches

LadinoKrow

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First of all, thank you for the work! Just one question, do both Zero and Azure have the message log that Geofront included as well?

Graber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1.1.1 Update - consists of some minor fixes for Zero that got backported from the upcoming Azure update.
  • Change "Not for sale" text X offset when trying to sell unsellable items (eg. event items, etc.).
  • Change X offset of request status on detective notebook to prevent overlapping with request names.
  • Slightly adjust fixed PC window size multiplier to fit some longer lines (was neede in Azure to fix a line that was too long, might fix some unseen cases on Zero).
  • Set minimum name width size to prevent names from overflowing from dialog windows (again, didn't see a case in Zero, but this was fixed for Azure).

Download removed - read note at main post.

First of all, thank you for the work! Just one question, do both Zero and Azure have the message log that Geofront included as well?
If the game wasn't using nn::gfx/nvn I would've considered it, since there's virtually no community documentation for nvn itself to be able to use it within retail games (which would be the exact case in this patch), despite being mostly reversed and having a homebrew reimplementation. Way to go, deko3d.

Last edited by Graber,

JMSMORIARTY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My 2 savegames went corrupted I saved after the end of chapter 3 ( when I load that savegame I'm in a river which location says "Chapter 3 final" I can move on it but nothing happens) and the other one after completing the KeA Chapter (when I load that one I'm on revache Co looking for 2 books, I haven't seen that in my life, first playtrought, I can't go outside because is there a table that blocks my way)

I don't care about trophys or sidequest, but I would kill for a savegame near or on the same spot I were.

Note that the 2 savegames got corrupted were on the "chapter PNG' where you can save or continue.

wluigi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My 2 savegames went corrupted I saved after the end of chapter 3 ( when I load that savegame I'm in a river which location says "Chapter 3 final" I can move on it but nothing happens) and the other one after completing the KeA Chapter (when I load that one I'm on revache Co looking for 2 books, I haven't seen that in my life, first playtrought, I can't go outside because is there a table that blocks my way)

I don't care about trophys or sidequest, but I would kill for a savegame near or on the same spot I were.

Note that the 2 savegames got corrupted were on the "chapter PNG' where you can save or continue.
Is it the latest translation patch?

Shenrai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have a lot of save files from when I tested the previous patch. I believe the latest save file I have at chapter 3 is right when you are about to find
KeA in the auction.
I unfortunately don't have any at chapter 4 or at intermission.

Last edited by Shenrai,

Kirby567fan

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco

This looks like the save problem that was fixed in 1.1.0, so make sure youre updated to that or 1.1.1 and do not delete your saves as they should not be broken if its the save problem.

Last edited by Kirby567fan,

JMSMORIARTY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for all your responses, what I did was rename the patch folder and load the game without It to try load the save game and It works, then just have to restore the folder name, I think I have the first version, will update It right now, and again, thank you

zopeda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Would it be possible to put an english translation on the new Cold Steel 1 and 2 Asia only ports on switch?

2tack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! Thank you for all the hard work on this! I'm looking to implement the Evo OST. I was wondering if someone could share the required steps to do so? I can rip the BGM from my Vita copies if necessary! My fiance is playing through this Switch translation release and I want to pop the Evo OST onto it for her.

Last edited by 2tack,

Graber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't think Geofront translated the Kai content... so who translated that in this Switch port?
While I was a Geofront Tester, before and while doing this patch, I also assisted on dumping assets from the game that they could use on a then-in-development update for their Zero patch and the unreleased Azure Patch.

As I advanced the development of the Switch patches and knew I was gonna get them out, I asked 2 Geofront members to help out by presenting to them a ready-to-go spreadsheet with a format similar to the one I saw they were using. Catasplurge and Scott translated and edited the text respectively. From what I heard afterwards, this new text was sent to NISA. I'm wondering how much will be intact or not by the time it actually releases... (the text of this patch for future reference: url)

From the Geofront discord:
1658335093290.png

(since it lacks context, "entirely our work" refers to the game text, not the entire Switch patch - they just did PC)

Last edited by Graber,
Reactions: wluigi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.