Hacking Translation The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero Evolution English patch

Raesley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm pretty sure the answer is no. But I just learned that the Evo ports for Sky came AFTER Zero and Ao, and thus Zero and Ao don't have the speed up function for battles or cutscenes. That feature wasn't patched in by anyone into the Zero and Ao Evo versions by anyone, right? I would think that's pretty difficult, or just impossible as it goes beyond just translating. Just thought I'd ask, as I'm playing Trails in the Sky the 3rd right now, though it'll likely be a while before I can finish it. I just didn't realize it might challenging to play Zero and Azure without the turbo feature as I've gotten used to it in the first 3 games...

Raesley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't realize the EVO versions of Zero and Ao didn't have the turbo functions... I managed to get a PC laptop from a friend for free, so I'm going to play them there for now. I actually just finished the 3rd Evo on my PSTV this morning. So it's on to Zero for me, though I would love to have Zero and Azure on my Vita someday!

HxRaider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
data0.psarc (MD5: 8abf4fc6e16422663ab534e8fedcfaef)
data1.psarc (MD5: d3d30cd00b941749a8889f3560cd3829)
data.psarc (MD5: e2dd68c80faae6b142b57050fbc44c2a)
eboot.bin (MD5: b8013495207362232dc3b0d41475478a)
"While hovering over the appropriate directory press Triangle followed by X for the option to open it decrypted"

I think you guys need to change the tutorial a bit
the NoNpDRm plugin is mandatory
because yesterday when I haven't installed it, the option to "open decrypted" is greyed out in VitaShell, and after several googling, I found that it was only available for NoNpDRm plugin, and right after I install the plugin, I can use the "open decrypted", and my file from cartridge have the same MD5 with the one you show, probably that's why some are confused as to why their file can't be used, for me I do missed out the "open decrypted" option

a little bit update of progress
I recommend doing a save backup because I fucked up and I don't know what did I do, my data save are corrupted, when I try to play the game after patched
first PSVita shows a warning that there is already installed data on my Vita, and PSVita suggests I play from the cartridge and delete the already installed data, after I chose to delete the installed data, it says the file is corrupt when I open it, after several try to recover the data, to no avail, I decide to uninstall it all and make a fresh clean install from the cartridge, luckily I have a data backup on my PC, and after I copy those, the game work flawlessly

here are some SS from my playthrough

2021-09-13-222647.jpg 2021-09-13-222550.jpg 2021-09-13-222426.jpg 2021-09-13-222205.jpg

Last edited by HxRaider,

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a little bit update of progress
I recommend doing a save backup because I fucked up and I don't know what did I do, my data save are corrupted, when I try to play the game after patched
first PSVita shows a warning that there is already installed data on my Vita, and PSVita suggests I play from the cartridge and delete the already installed data, after I chose to delete the installed data, it says the file is corrupt when I open it...

I'm confused but I believe you have the game running, but your save file can't be used?

I don't know if this will help... sorry if you already tried this.

I use "resavedata" plugin to use decrypted saves.
https://github.com/Princess-of-Sleeping/reSavedata/releases

You have to install and activate the plugin
Then in the root of your card add a folder called resavedata.
Create a folder in resavedata for Trails From Zero with the id as the name (PCSG00042).
Using VitaShell go to /user/00/savedata
With savedata highlighted press triangle and choose "Open Decrypted"
That will open the folder. Move your curser to one of the files the hit triangle and select "Mark All"
Once marked use triangle again and select "Copy"
Navigate back to resavedata in your newly created PCSG00042 folder - hit triangle and paste.
Start the game with fingers crossed.

I hope you didn't lose your save :(
Games will check resavedata first for a save. If not there (or not decrypted) it will ignore and try for the user/00/ save.

Last edited by Anderxale,
Reactions: Sthefynice

HxRaider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I'm confused but I believe you have the game running, but your save file can't be used?
I hope you didn't lose your save :(
Games will check resavedata first for a save. If not there (or not decrypted) it will ignore and try for the user/00/ save.

I can't even open the game, because every time I open the apps, it says the file is corrupt (though I run from the cartridge) and close itself, and it freaks me out because I thought I fucked up my cartridge somehow, but turns out everything is okay
After I uninstalled my previous data, reinstall from the cartridge, copy my backup data from the PC, I can play normally again
Anyway
Thank you for your consideration

ThatsMacky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think you guys need to change the tutorial a bit
the NoNpDRm plugin is mandatory...

I don't recall requiring the NoNpDrm plugin when we were working on it, but let me try setting it up from scratch on another Vita and I'll report back. I believe we did similar approach to the Sky EVO games. But like I said, give me some time and I'll try it again.

Reactions: HxRaider

ThatsMacky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We did some investigation and we're suspecting that the NoNpDrm plugin is required when you're not using a physical copy of the game or a digital copy purchased directly from the Japanese PSN.

When I tested it with a physical copy of the game, the "Open Decrypted" option was available for the PCSG00042 folder in gr0:app folder. Dokterfreddy tested his copy which was running on the SD2Vita and that was throwing the 0x80870004 error with NoNpDrm disabled. When they switched to the actual cart, it worked fine. So we suspect it depends on which copy you're using.

Regardless, we've updated the Installation instructions to require the NoNpDrm plugin, though for some people this may not be needed.

Edit: Cleaned up my response a bit.

Last edited by ThatsMacky,

Howchie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys just wondering how work on the update is going? I gather there were some difficulties around the text boxes and maybe patching the eboot file, any progress?

ThatsMacky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys just wondering how work on the update is going? I gather there were some difficulties around the text boxes and maybe patching the eboot file, any progress?

how's the progress?

Let me talk with the team and see where we are with everything. Once I hear back, I'll provide another update!

julianuf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, the delay's currently on me - team's been waiting for a couple eboot fixes I'm working on but I've just been hung up on other projects ^^;

I'll try to get these done soon.

As for the text - we had to make a couple compromises. The good is that everything should fit in the boxes now, and not overflow, or have odd spacing. The bad is the font is kinda ugly, and text boxes that are supposed to fit to width are going to be wider than they should be. Stuff that had centered text (like location names) are also no longer centered. Normal side-effect stuff of implementing VWF, except that without a proper debugger it's a PITA to go back and patch fixes.

Howchie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry, the delay's currently on me - team's been waiting for a couple eboot fixes I'm working on but I've just been hung up on other projects ^^;

I'll try to get these done soon.

As for the text - we had to make a couple compromises. The good is that everything should fit in the boxes now, and not overflow, or have odd spacing. The bad is the font is kinda ugly, and text boxes that are supposed to fit to width are going to be wider than they should be. Stuff that had centered text (like location names) are also no longer centered. Normal side-effect stuff of implementing VWF, except that without a proper debugger it's a PITA to go back and patch fixes.
Speaking for myself I think just having the proper translated text is great even if it's a bit "ugly". Obviously up to the team how important those issues are though. Sounds like fantastic progress though, well done!

bloodfalco

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
btw, I am using reF00D plugins and it cause C1-6703-6. Is there any workaround on this without using 0syscall6 ? Personally I loved using reF00D more because it can use the undub patch by TheRadziu and if I use 0syscall6 my Persona 4 undub cannot be started and cause error C1-6703-6

Pelo206pug

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thank you guys so much for your hard work on those wonderful games. Hopefully you can get the ao Evo patch as well as it is so much better than playing the PSP version. Keep it up guys !

Reactions: ThatsMacky

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended