Hacking Translation The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero Evolution English patch

Mauman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I....uh...am in a similar situation. I heard about the 1.01 patch but didn't get around to getting it since I'm still going through Zero.

(I suppose I should be thankful I had the foresight to pick up the 1.0 version instantly)

Regardless, could you....uh....maybe send me a pm too?

Please? :)

Last edited by Mauman,

BardPrince

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ive Finished Trails in the Sky 3rd Evo and now to Trails of Zero:

Kai Ver (Switch) or Evo Ver (Vita)?

Both of the versions using Geofront translation.

Reactions: Rockfello

StolIB

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Will you be so kind! Please provide a link to the already converted files for the latest version of the translation.

Shenrai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive Finished Trails in the Sky 3rd Evo and now to Trails of Zero:

Kai Ver (Switch) or Evo Ver (Vita)?

Both of the versions using Geofront translation.

Evolution would theoretically be the better version due to its side quests but the patch currently is incomplete in terms of polishing it up and so on. The Kai version is entirely completed, however. You can also add the Evolution OST if you wanted, as well. If you're fine with the current patch however than Evo would be better, but that's also my personal opinion.

Last edited by Shenrai,
Reactions: BardPrince

xXSoulGeoXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nicaragua
There should be no reason anyone should play anything but the Geofront translation now. PC or a hacked switch is currently your best bet.
Does the Trails from Zero and Trails of Azure Kai contain the extra content found on the Evolution Vita ports?
or it is a port based on the original PSP release ( since, if they got the Evolution content as well, that pretty much makes the Switch ports the best way to enjoy this duology )

OMORI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Does the Trails from Zero and Trails of Azure Kai contain the extra content found on the Evolution Vita ports?
or it is a port based on the original PSP release ( since, if they got the Evolution content as well, that pretty much makes the Switch ports the best way to enjoy this duology )

Nope, it doesn't include the Evo sidequests, and there's some other stuff Evo has with the Kai versions missing for whatever reason, like animated portraits and better graphical effects... sure what I mentioned is graphics stuff but the animated portraits are really nice imo for example. Don't get why the Kai versions don't include them, it's an odd thing to leave out considering they went through all the trouble to include voice acting lol

Apparently Kai has some straight up missing textures that still didn't get fixed for some reason... hopefully the official localization fixes it (I don't know if the fan patch fixes it since I haven't played much of it).

I also prefer playing it on my Vita anyways since I use my Switch 90% of the time in handheld mode and Zero/Azure's textboxes look WAY too small there but that's just a me thing I think

xXSoulGeoXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nicaragua
Nope, it doesn't include the Evo sidequests, and there's some other stuff Evo has with the Kai versions missing for whatever reason, like animated portraits and better graphical effects... sure what I mentioned is graphics stuff but the animated portraits are really nice imo for example. Don't get why the Kai versions don't include them, it's an odd thing to leave out considering they went through all the trouble to include voice acting lol

Apparently Kai has some straight up missing textures that still didn't get fixed for some reason... hopefully the official localization fixes it (I don't know if the fan patch fixes it since I haven't played much of it).

I also prefer playing it on my Vita anyways since I use my Switch 90% of the time in handheld mode and Zero/Azure's textboxes look WAY too small there but that's just a me thing I think
So you are saying that the Evolution Port with the Geopatch is the best option then?
I really like when new features are available, ( that I know the Evolution ports of Trails in the Sky games and the Zero and Ao has Anime Openings not found on the PC ports or even the Switch ports done for Zero and Ao )

and now that we are talking about it
it would be easy to port the XSEED translations of Trails of Cold Steel I and II to the Switch Kai ports? ( I must asume the Switch versions are almost identical to the PC, PS3, VITA and PS4 ports at the very least, with Cold Steel I already being released )

LastSharpTiger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd say Evo is the best way to play it, which is why I'm waiting on these patches for my next replays. (Originally played the PSP versions.)

Be interesting to see which assets are picked for the NISA localizations, tho it'll probably just be the PS4 and Switch Kai versions.

Reactions: OMORI

julianuf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One drawback I've noticed compared to Sky is the lack of battle speed up when holding down X. Granted, I've only played through the tutorial like 25+ times while fixing various things, but that's felt like a real drag. (I'm assuming Kai/PC has battle speed up? But I dunno as I haven't played those versions.)

We've been making some good progress, hopefully we'll have an update out soon. (*'-')b

OMORI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
One drawback I've noticed compared to Sky is the lack of battle speed up when holding down X. Granted, I've only played through the tutorial like 25+ times while fixing various things, but that's felt like a real drag. (I'm assuming Kai/PC has battle speed up? But I dunno as I haven't played those versions.)

We've been making some good progress, hopefully we'll have an update out soon. (*'-')b
Yeah, Zero/Ao Evo got released way before Sky Evo so it doesn't have some features the latter does unfortunately... which is kinda interesting now that I think about it, I would think of porting Sky first I think.

Also yeah, Kai/Geofront PC has turbo, everywhere not just battles too. Specified Geofront PC btw because the unpatched PC ports don't have it unless you use Cheat Engine's speedhack

Also I'm excited for the update, glad it's going well :D! It's pretty playable so far at least but some stuff like the wrapping in the notebook is kinda rough haha

Last edited by OMORI,

BardPrince

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
A good question indeed. Where did you play trails in the sky ?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Ive Played in my vita, all 3 Sky EVO.

Ive finished now Zero no Kiseki in Switch + Geofront Patch. it was great.

Switch has the vantage of play in TV when i want, and this is a great feature.

boyfriendcoma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe I’ve got the most current update for this, just curious in case not: has the “text outside the box” issue been resolved by chance?

xXSoulGeoXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nicaragua
I heard recently through a YouTube channel that constantly publish news about Kiseki every month that Zero and Ao No Kiseki has some characters added to their Kai ports on Switch?

by any chance the ones who published the port of the Translation Patch for the Switch added, or translated the new content? ( if there are any? )

and the same on the Vita Evolution Port ( because from what I know its that the PC versions, are the vanilla releases, which only lets you add the Evolution ODST and Voices, but the minigames and extras that were on Evolution were not present on the PC version even after the Translation Patch by Geofront was released )

Shenrai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard recently through a YouTube channel that constantly publish news about Kiseki every month that Zero and Ao No Kiseki has some characters added to their Kai ports on Switch?

by any chance the ones who published the port of the Translation Patch for the Switch added, or translated the new content? ( if there are any? )

and the same on the Vita Evolution Port ( because from what I know its that the PC versions, are the vanilla releases, which only lets you add the Evolution ODST and Voices, but the minigames and extras that were on Evolution were not present on the PC version even after the Translation Patch by Geofront was released )

All Switch extra content was translated for the switch patch. Any vita related extra content such as minigames or sidequests are being worked on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show.