The latest update for Hades adds cross-save support for Switch and PC

m55f6LB.png

What's better than playing Supergiant's darling indie hit Hades? Well, if this update is anything to go by, then it's Hades on multiple platforms. An update that went out earlier today added cross-save support between PC players on Epic and Steam and those on the Nintendo Switch. Moving your save across the platforms is a simple two-step process, as explained by Supergiant: simply go to "cross-saves" in the game's main menu, then connect your respective PC account, which will let you upload your data easily. As an added bonus, if you're moving from the Switch version with existing save data, and haven't played the PC version yet, you'll still unlock retroactive achievements for the various accomplishments you've made thus far. In addition to bringing cross-save support, the update offers performance improvements for the Switch version as well.

:arrow: Source

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why can't all cross platform games support cross play and cross save by default?
What a great world would that be.
As already said that's what's making me buying a game twice. This and nothing else. If many more games would support that I'd even consider buying a PS or XB (which I absolutely don't atm).
Also this should apply to all streaming services.
I'd love to use Stadia if I could store my savegame in a cloud that I can access from Steam as well.

Okay, enough dreaming for today.

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Finally!
I've been waiting for this!

This is without doubt my GOTY, and so far Game of the decade!

Last edited by SnAQ,

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
If you think that nintendo could do the same for zelda botw with wiiu and switch.

You have to jailbreak both console to do this.
The game plays the same on both platforms though (except one's portable), I imagine the point here is having better framerate/performance/resolution on PC, then portability on Switch (but I haven't played the game so maybe there is not that much of a difference?)

Astral_

GBAtemp elder
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Now THIS is how you encourage your players to pick up your game on multiple platforms. I'm about to happily buy the game for a second time simply so I can take it on the go and not be bound to my PC should I be leaving town. Bravo, Supergiant
I can only concur. I would happily have bought a second copy of Dead Cells on Switch, but there is no way in hell I'm grinding through all of it again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...