The latest Resident Evil game is codenamed Project Resistance, and will be revealed on September 9th

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Aug 29, 2019.

1. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    If Capcom want to show the world how western RPGs are done with Dragon's Dogma then I am OK with us being shown how Left4Dead 3 should be done.

coffinbirth likes this.
  2. Treeko

Treeko GBAtemp Fan

Sep 29, 2012
    It seems a lot of people here haven't played RE2 Remake, Resident evil is back to its prime, now is probably the best time to dive back into the series with fantastic games like RE2 and RE7, with more on the horizon such as this project.

3. slifer1231

slifer1231 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 11, 2007
    United States
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    I bet it’s a remaster of outbreak
    If you go to
    http://www.residenteviloutbreak.com/ it’s just a white page with the word ok on it capcom did the same thing when they renewed the resident evil 2 website before the revel and also the same thing with monster hunter after they renew them they put a blank page with ok on it. Why would they renew and place a page on outbreaks website if they where not going to use it. Plus when the original sites came down they pulled all content they still owned the domain but there was no site anymore no their is content again

CORE likes this.
  4. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    OPERATION RACOON CITY 2!!!1111!!!!!!!1

5. Rashield

Rashield Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2019
    Mexico
    the code name is very likely to a Call of duty game or something

Last edited by Rashield, Aug 30, 2019
  6. UltraSUPRA

UltraSUPRA Born in '04, living in '96.

May 4, 2018
    United States
    A Nintendo Switch timed exclusive, just like RE4 before it. That's my call.

7. geodeath

geodeath GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2006
    London
    I personally liked ALL RE games, with the exception of 6, i just found it too lousy. I do not care if it is first or 3rd person, with fixed or not cameras, just as long as it is a solid game that feels good. Let's see.

8. Dr.Hacknik

Dr.Hacknik Advanced Maniac | Dev | Trans

GBAtemp Patron
    Dr.Hacknik is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 26, 2014
    United States
    inside your fridge
    Oh? Sounds like a RE Game but dedicated to the mercenaries mode. That actually sounds really nice; maybe just a quick spin-off title but the focus is just surviving waves of enemies with people or friends?

That'd be a fun game to pass some time, but surely not a main Resident Evil title to write home about.

9. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    Last edited by ShadowOne333, Aug 30, 2019
  10. reddragon105

reddragon105 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 10, 2008
    Yeah, you never know which way it's going to go, do you? It could either be a new entry in the main series, i.e. RE8, which could be a direct sequel to RE7, or could pick up from older games such as 5 and 6 and bring back older characters, or it could be another spin-off and we could end up with another Operation: Raccoon City.

I hope it's either another decent spin-off, like Revelations, or perhaps another attempt at online co-op, like RE: Online/Outbreak.

11. darksweet

darksweet 5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.. OMEGA FLARE

Mar 15, 2009
    I think this is "Outbreak REmake"

12. Teletron1

Teletron1 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2019
    United States
    EARTH

Tyrant :):gun:
    Mr.X
    [​IMG]