The Last Story

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by rt141, Jun 15, 2011.

Jun 15, 2011

The Last Story by rt141 at 9:15 PM (1,115 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. rt141
    OP

Newcomer rt141 Advanced Member

United States
    Hello GBAtemp members!

As speculation grows, more people are getting anxious over the possible localization of "The Last Story" for the Wii, this game comes from the same creator of the Final Fantasy series (Hironobu Sakaguchi) and Mistwalker, it's said to be Sakaguchi last game.

Here's a trailer:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0UNe8bNfEo[/youtube]

As you can see it looks pretty good and according to respected Famitsu magazine, it is, getting a score of 38/40 (which is pretty high). As the localization of Xenoblade and other games is coming Nintendo declared that their translation team was very busy and took this game of their release list, which lead to a petition online request to be made, in about a month it got 14k+, and now I am bringing it you!

Please if you read this sign the petition! Even if it's only for the sake of it... and show it to everyone! Make your parents, friends, teachers, neighbors, uncles sign it to! Make it go as viral as possible please... post it everywhere! It's going to be Sakaguchi's last game after all, let's help it have the glory it deserves - worldwide! Thank you very much! [​IMG]

Here's the petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/TLSWR/petition.html

2. Tonitonichopchop

Member Tonitonichopchop GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Hasn't a localization already been confirmed? Or is that still a rumor? Either way, it won't come out if Nintendo doesn't want to release it and a petition won't change that. Just ask the Earthbound/Mother fans.

3. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Its up to Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe.

Reps of Nintendo of Europe say they will release it.
    Nintendo of America have registered domains for the game.
    Petitions don't work, its easy to sign a petition but for those sides of Nintendo its about sales, if a game won't sale there is no point. Games like this haven't done too well on a Nintendo console of late, unless a game has big name attached to it like Mario, Donkey Kong etc chances are it wont sell past 50,000.

4. Spongeroberto

Member Spongeroberto GBAtemp Regular

Bhutan
    Just think of all the JRPGs that never get localized... The Last Story is but one in a huge line of 'em, many of em really good.

It's a real shame.

5. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Erm...not to dis the effort, but are you sure you want to promote the petition on a forum like this?

This place is dedicated to hacking and exploiting consoles, and is therefore often visited by pirates who won't be buying the game in the first place. I bet that for every 1'000 signatures you collect here, less than 50 will actually end up buying the game firsthand (and even that is a very optimistic guess). So in the end, telling us about your poll will only increase nintendo's scepticism.

6. Sir VG

Member Sir VG GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    There's one name that will sell that game in the US.

Nobuo Uematsu.

7. Pazuzu

Newcomer Pazuzu Advanced Member

Ireland
  8. Maid-chan

Member Maid-chan GBAtemp Regular

Indonesia
    I'm waiting for english version [​IMG]

9. 8BitWalugi

Member 8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Australia
    http://starmen.net/devotion/

If that didn't work, explain to me how you think this will?

10. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    I've signed it with one of my e-mail aliases, but I doubt it'll work. Can't do anything wrong with just trying though.