Gaming The Last Story - undub random crashing issue

Koatl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Took me 5 minutes to find a downloadable undub. Will try that undub on CFG and on a emulator. The question will be am i not lazy enough to transfer it over to my HDD and use it on my wii 10 meters away from where i sit. Will try it out on my emulator however :)

That downloadable undub is likely the very one referred to in this thread, which crashes regularly.

I'd like to hear it proves otherwise though.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Took me 5 minutes to find a downloadable undub. Will try that undub on CFG and on a emulator. The question will be am i not lazy enough to transfer it over to my HDD and use it on my wii 10 meters away from where i sit. Will try it out on my emulator however :)

I hope you own the original disc (though I'm secretly tempted to try it out before I buy it), And can't you use WiiBaFu to recompile instead?

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
I hope you own the original disc (though I'm secretly tempted to try it out before I buy it), And can't you use WiiBaFu to recompile instead?
Im most likely going to end up buying this game. Haven't bothered to check the stores if they sell it. Norway never gets any good games unless their overrated shit. I believe i only found 3 ToA from a total of 3 game stores where only 1 had them all lol. Recompile? Im just going to drag and drop it on my HDD >.

xcd2

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What files exacly I should replace to undub my game with riivolution? I've extracted JP version with scrubber and can't figure it out :-/ I've wrote simple xml file (well... just modified folders and game id from TVC temptate), but I think I've messed up something. I've never done this before, and need some help. Sorry for my english.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
On dolphin it crashed alot =/. Or else the game ran smoothly on my comp! I played until where his arm got some tattoo and started to scream. Then it frooze and yeah... xD

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Norway never gets any good games unless their overrated shit.
Do what I do: Buy online from the UK. I believe that Norway gets even better rates for NOK -> GBP than EUR -> GBP.. Also UK offers are a lot better than the Nordic countries :)

Is the recompilation procedure as simple as mentioned before or does it need something else for better compatibility?

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a small notice. You will miss out on some dialog by replacing the voices (unless you know japanese ofc), because the subtitling isnt very good and they havnt subbed everything they are saying (in cutscenes).

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Do what I do: Buy online from the UK. I believe that Norway gets even better rates for NOK -> GBP than EUR -> GBP.. Also UK offers are a lot better than the Nordic countries :)

Is the recompilation procedure as simple as mentioned before or does it need something else for better compatibility?
The main problem is like always: Will the tax affect the price to the point that i have to pay more for the game than it would cost me to buy it here. Thats the first problem. The second problem is once it does get taxed, it will most likely take a month becasue their so friggin slow at telling me that their waiting for me to pay some damn tax.

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy

The main problem is like always: Will the tax affect the price to the point that i have to pay more for the game than it would cost me to buy it here. Thats the first problem. The second problem is once it does get taxed, it will most likely take a month becasue their so friggin slow at telling me that their waiting for me to pay some damn tax.

That's the same reason I don't buy stuff from US: taxes and A LOT to wait just to know you have to pay.
BTW I got one of the supposed dvd5 undub that are around the web, but strangely it doesn't fit a DVD5 for like 10mb (4498mb instead of 4489mb max capacity). Is this normal?
I don't have an HDD, and I wanted to try out the game before buying (even if I'll probably buy it just for collection, because I'll play the undub one).

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
That's the same reason I don't buy stuff from US: taxes and A LOT to wait just to know you have to pay.
BTW I got one of the supposed dvd5 undub that are around the web, but strangely it doesn't fit a DVD5 for like 10mb (4498mb instead of 4489mb max capacity). Is this normal?
I don't have an HDD, and I wanted to try out the game before buying (even if I'll probably buy it just for collection, because I'll play the undub one).
No need to try. The gane is defintively worth the price. And just so you know. The taxrate of UK is okey. I dont think people outside UK pays their tax. The problem is once it hits Norway, i have to pay tax for it to be imported, which is a whopping 25% of the total price.

akaciparaci

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hi everyone
i've downloaded the last story undub from the torrent by jmohawk
i can confirm that there are crashes: (a dvd read error black screen although i played this on my wii with cfg usb loader, with usual settings)

1. in the city, if you're going to the southern part of the city through a small path from the east side, the game will crash upon you entering the southern part
2. talking to an NPC wearing green clothes in the artisan alley, resulted in a crash
3. talking to a vendor outside of the arena (the one you need to initiate a quest) will also crashes the game
4. in the castle garden, after you had a talk with the general (forgot which chapter), talking to a soldier who said he has a challenge letter to you, will resulted in a crash when the game is trying to show the letter
5. after chapter 20, exited the tavern, a scene happened, walk a couple step to trigger another scene, then the game will crash upon entering the next scene

the last one, will render the game unplayable, since you can't proceed the storyline any further

soon after i finished downloading from jmohawk's torrent, i found a DDL link by someone in a forum, and i downloaded his link, since i heard there are random crashes from the torrent
funny thing is, the file i got from the other person has the exact same size with jmohawk's, although his was uploaded as ISO, but converted into wbfs it has the same exact size
and the most interesting part is, the file i downloaded from the second person also crashes in all those exact spots
the most likely explanation is someone uploaded jmohawk's undub without crediting the real source

so this is somekind of a rant of a guy who spent his time downloading one game twice, and they all crash.....
poor me
hope anyone find this information useful, cherio
if anyone who downloaded the exact same file and managed to get it to work (i.e. doesn't crashes at those 5 spots) then i'm all ears into how you did that

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
hi everyone
i've downloaded the last story undub from the torrent by jmohawk
i can confirm that there are crashes: (a dvd read error black screen although i played this on my wii with cfg usb loader, with usual settings)

1. in the city, if you're going to the southern part of the city through a small path from the east side, the game will crash upon you entering the southern part
2. talking to an NPC wearing green clothes in the artisan alley, resulted in a crash
3. talking to a vendor outside of the arena (the one you need to initiate a quest) will also crashes the game
4. in the castle garden, after you had a talk with the general (forgot which chapter), talking to a soldier who said he has a challenge letter to you, will resulted in a crash when the game is trying to show the letter
5. after chapter 20, exited the tavern, a scene happened, walk a couple step to trigger another scene, then the game will crash upon entering the next scene

the last one, will render the game unplayable, since you can't proceed the storyline any further

soon after i finished downloading from jmohawk's torrent, i found a DDL link by someone in a forum, and i downloaded his link, since i heard there are random crashes from the torrent
funny thing is, the file i got from the other person has the exact same size with jmohawk's, although his was uploaded as ISO, but converted into wbfs it has the same exact size
and the most interesting part is, the file i downloaded from the second person also crashes in all those exact spots
the most likely explanation is someone uploaded jmohawk's undub without crediting the real source

so this is somekind of a rant of a guy who spent his time downloading one game twice, and they all crash.....
poor me
hope anyone find this information useful, cherio
if anyone who downloaded the exact same file and managed to get it to work (i.e. doesn't crashes at those 5 spots) then i'm all ears into how you did that
we already talk about that here :
http://gbatemp.net/topic/321437-wii-2860-the-last-story-europe/page__view__findpost__p__4121159

somehow I managed to work it out with minor dub errors, here's the test run we did that we commonly crashed on.

After that, we didnt encounter a crash anymore except for one person on that thread, I dont know what exactly causing his problem. But anyway, you might want try fix it on your own.

bloodomen2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone found a soultion for undub version crash ??
the game crash very early in the game when i do a quest to find a cat for a child
is there any hope for a working undub version soon? or il have to play with that horrible Eng dub

mcl1987

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know that I just beat the game using a undub version. I had no problems or any issues of crashing/freezing during the game and it was completely stable. Now I know I can't give you the links to download the files but I can provide you in a personal message maybe? I used ios 249 and usb loader gx to run the iso. I did not use a scrubbed iso, but just a regular iso that I put onto a external hard drive via WBFS manager. I hope this helps you all who ware wanting to play the game! I highly recommend it!

Bahamuth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome :D

Gonna try this tomorrow.

Got a question?

Can I burn the Undub vers. on a disc? or does it need a Dual layer disc?

EDIT: Never mind, its dual layer.

So just finished testing the undub build, works so far.

Gonna grap some Zzzzz and check the game out tomorrow

LuxMiVoZi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome :D

Gonna try this tomorrow.

Got a question?

Can I burn the Undub vers. on a disc? or does it need a Dual layer disc?

EDIT: Never mind, its dual layer.

So just finished testing the undub build, works so far.

Gonna grap some Zzzzz and check the game out tomorrow

dont you need a old wii to play burnd games? my wii was made in 2009 and the hard drive is too new

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://gbatemp.net/threads/videos-not-working-on-certain-sites-w-ms-edge-browser.645937/