The Last Remnant Coming to Steam

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by War, Feb 24, 2009.

Feb 24, 2009

The Last Remnant Coming to Steam by War at 3:10 PM (546 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    [​IMG]

"Square Enix’s RPG made for the world is getting another worldwide release. On April 9 the PC version will come out in Japan and the rest of the world as a Steam download. A price has not been announced at this time.

A boxed copy of The Last Remnant will cost 8,190 yen ($86) in Japan, but don’t read too much into that number. We haven’t heard if the PC version will arrive in stores domestically and if it does it will probably cost less. The Last Remnant retailed for $59.99 in North America when it came out for the Xbox 360 while Japanese gamers had to plunk down 8,190 yen for it. New features in the PC version let users speed up battles, place multiple leader units in a union, recruit seven boss characters from the Xbox 360 game, and get new arts for Khrynia after finding a special item."

Source + Gallery

2. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    It's awesome news that Japan is paying more attention to PC. But $86 is just nuts. Especially for a genre largely unsuccessful on PC.

3. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    If it's a reasonable price in the UK, and it's a decent RPG I may well purchase it. It's high time Square-Enix started paying more attention to the PC [​IMG].

4. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    I'm just scared of the ultimate super power that will be created when Squeenix & Valve combine.
    It'll be the most bitchin' Voltron-esque robot since Voltron!

Squeenalve?
    Squalvix?
    Squalve-X. Yes, Squalve-X.

Fuck it, throw Blizzard in there and lets just put an end to the world in which we live.