The Last of Us: Part II State of Play gameplay stream shows off new footage

The previous month has been rough for fans anticipating the release of The Last of Us: Part II, with many details about the game getting leaked prior to release, followed by the unceremonious announcement of the newly established launch date set on June 19th. For those still unspoiled, Sony will be showing off some brand new gameplay and footage, in their latest State of Play broadcast. It'll last 25 minutes and will star game director Neil Druckmann as he shows off some of the new enemies you'll face throughout the game's world. The stream kicks off at 4pm ET/1pm PT, and is viewable on the official PlayStation YouTube channel.

Please be kind, and don't spoil others. If you must, at least keep them in the always-useful forum spoiler tags.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh boy I can't wait to see more of a game that's as well written as an edgy teenagers fanfiction. Those who've see the leaks know what I'm talking about. (A certain major characters backstory and motives are related to a very minor character from the first one, a character with just about no real significance to the story, that's all I can say without spoiling it, and yeah the leaks have to be mostly accurate, they went from a delay with no specified release to June 2020 right after the leaks, and the fact that they investigated the people/person behind it basically confirms everything).

The game went from being a perfectly decent (but overrated IMO) survival horror/adventure game to begin some stupid gurl powerrrr revenge fantasy.

I'm just glad Naughty Dog doesn't develop Crash anymore, but I shouldn't be surprised they screwed up The Last of Us Part 2 because they did make Jak II into a crappy GTA clone.

They are true. I saw the gameplay footage and it confirms the leaks.
As well as the sudden release date and investigation into the leaks. I was a couple days late on the leaked footage and it had already been removed.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ya, its hard to find leaked gameplay footage now on YouTube. Buy thats where I saw it when the leaks first came out. Someplace else might have it.
The fact that they were so quick to have it taken down is another indicator the leaks are true.

I've got so many memes about the game I can't wait to post once it's released.

What's even funnier is there's a video of Troy Baker saying the game can't be spoiled by a couple of screenshots (forget the entire written summary of major plot details and accompanying gameplay footage and cutscenes) and talking about how many awards Naughty Dog has. Talk about no self respect (should've just stayed out of it instead of shilling).

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I just wanna know if the leaks are true or not.

Oh boy I can't wait to see more of a game that's as well written as an edgy teenagers fanfiction. Those who've see the leaks know what I'm talking about. (A certain major characters backstory and motives are related to a very minor character from the first one, a character with just about no real significance to the story, that's all I can say without spoiling it, and yeah the leaks have to be mostly accurate, they went from a delay with no specified release to June 2020 right after the leaks, and the fact that they investigated the people/person behind it basically confirms everything).

The game went from being a perfectly decent (but overrated IMO) survival horror/adventure game to begin some stupid gurl powerrrr revenge fantasy.

As well as the sudden release date and investigation into the leaks. I was a couple days late on the leaked footage and it had already been removed.
Ya, its hard to find leaked gameplay footage now on YouTube. But thats where I saw it when the leaks first came out. Someplace else might have it.

Last edited by SG854,
Reactions: RedBlueGreen

Ace001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The part where she kills the girl with the Vita is representative of Sony killing the Vita. This is most definitely a real leak. 16 minutes in.
Even one of their own trailers confirmed the leaks (Well the golfin one anyway lol) Cant believe there's People in this thread that are so in denial.

Reactions: RedBlueGreen

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is everyone bashing on her being gay? Idk if it has anything to do with the leaks but people who have played the first game and the dlc know she's been gay or at least bi for a while. And even then it wasnt even forced, if anything it was just a change for the character to be different than be a political statement

Last edited by GoldenBullet,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nobody should buy this game where Sony and them are abusing the copyright system and taking down twitter accounts and YouTube channels left and right because.of memes. Absolutely disgusting behaviour and I hope it doesn't sell at all because of this

Emeraldu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I can't wait.
c700x420.jpg

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nobody should buy this game where Sony and them are abusing the copyright system and taking down twitter accounts and YouTube channels left and right because.of memes. Absolutely disgusting behaviour and I hope it doesn't sell at all because of this
People tht giveaway massive spoilers are just attention seeking immature twats - they hav no respect to those who just want to play the game knowing nothing about it

Reactions: Bedel

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was also a new ps4 update. Not new for it?

I'm not a homophobic person but Idk if guys wanna play as a lesbian chick as the main character. :unsure: I mean GTA IV Ballad of Gay tony Tony was gay but you didn't play as him..... I guess what I'm trying to say is LGBT is kinda in that "anti violence" and games such as TLOU 2 and GTA promotes violence. She want to be a butch that's fine but have her as a optional character or atleast switch it up. Putting her as main idk if guys gunna go for it and the game going to sell alot like the last one.

Keep in mind when I play pokemon games I play as a chick because I think it's sexy but playing as a butch with tattoos it's kinda idk. I don't mind playing as a chick because it's kinda new and if you played Tomb Raider you play as a chick and you can relate because it's sexy.... But if you aren't Lesbian then playing as Ellie is kinda going to be a little cringe. But that's just me sorry if I offended anyone.
Dude wtf you say you see Pokemon main charas as sexy... They are like 10yo... That's cringe, not playing like a lesbian/bisexual badass female. In fact, you don't even know in most games what's your main character. Most of 'em could very likely be lgtbi and they never says anything about it since there are no relations in that games XD

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said years ago, these mechanics should have been present in the first (playing a.i against each other).

Saying that, there were several instances where the a.i. seemed terrible (in this video). Maybe just easy setting?

Last edited by yoyoyo69,

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was also a new ps4 update. Not new for it?

Dude wtf you say you see Pokemon main charas as sexy... They are like 10yo... That's cringe, not playing like a lesbian/bisexual badass female. In fact, you don't even know in most games what's your main character. Most of 'em could very likely be lgtbi and they never says anything about it since there are no relations in that games XD

I wish they did make Pokemon more mature and the main character isn't a mute and actually develop but I'm saying is for me Ellie isn't an appealing character "to me" I'll still buy the game for $30 when it's on sale despite if she is a Butch or not if the story is decent I'll play it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn