1. anhminh

anhminh Pirate since 2010

Vietnam
    Can't really do much about it since most fan insist on going in blind. Only hope is that they hate it enough to not buy the remaster few years from now on PS5.

2. Chrisssj2
    This message by Chrisssj2 has been removed from public view by DinohScene, Jun 28, 2020, Reason: Bickering.
    Jun 28, 2020 Show
  3. scroeffie1984
    This message by scroeffie1984 has been removed from public view by DinohScene, Jun 28, 2020, Reason: Not english.
    Jun 28, 2020 Show
  4. spuderump
    This message by spuderump has been removed from public view by DinohScene, Jun 28, 2020, Reason: Shut up.
    Jun 28, 2020 Show
  5. lordpsycho

lordpsycho Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Peru
    This game will fill the 2nd hand and "under $20" bin in a couple of months, I'm sure of that.
    I kinda feel bad for those fans who preordered and bought this game at full price, even the special edition, and also for the developers that were forced to work on this, hopefully they get a better job because the technical work here was outstanding.

So, what's wrong with this game? Not Ellie being gay, that's cool, not one female character being ripped, that's cool too.

Selling it like a Joel/Ellie game, where Joel only plays for an hour or less.
    Killing Joel just like that "hey you just saved my life, what's your name? Joel? Joel what? Well nevermind, just die"
    Tommy being shot in the head....but he's fine, he just lost an eye, who dies from a bullet in the head these days?
    Ellie being "I hate you Joel, I can't forgive you let me live at the end of Part 1" over and over and over again, ok we get it, the game that we all love and why you get to sell 4 million copies of this was a mistake.
    All the SJW feminist political agenda: he's the father, but it's my body so I don't care what he says. I don't need your help, man, I'm a woman and I can defend myself! You're a guy? You are enemy and must die, nobody will cry you later.
    Ellie going for revenge, killing hundreds of people....just to get her fingers ripped off and losing her wife/kid/sheeps, so what was the point for all that?

Good for the ones who enjoyed this, they got their money (and time) worth, for the fans that expected a true sequel and a possible Part III....sorry guys, look in another castle

Zurdonx, SolidMario7 and Dartz150 like this.
  6. Izual Urashima

Izual Urashima GBAtemp Regular

Belgium
    It is fun to see how those defending the game hard see anything they perceive against them as "conspiracy theories", while not giving arguments against them.

Go ahead, prove me wrong with facts, and not feelings. I'm waiting.

7. Daisy

Daisy Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    Dude somebody literally called this game 'mind control' in this thread.

KingVamp, AlexMCS, Karones and 4 others like this.
  8. AbyssalMonkey

AbyssalMonkey GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    Let's see if this "sells below expectations" too.

9. Izual Urashima

Belgium
    Mind control and media manipulation are two different things, but this isn't something Sony itself is the sole culprit of. And others' thoughts aren't mine, so I don't see what it has to do with my own opinion.

SolidMario7 and Meepers55 like this.
  10. DoubleDate

DoubleDate Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    I think the reason why the game sold so much is because many people werent aware of how bad the story is, and thinking its the same as the previous one. This game could have been so much more and it destroyed everything what the first one was about.

11. Justinde75

Justinde75 Capsule Co's VGM Addict

Germany
    I am already seeing 30 euro used copies. I'll be picking it up that way. Not going to support them turning one of my favourite games into a stupid revenge story where they constantly tell you "revenge bad"

IncredulousP likes this.
  12. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    I've not read any further posts by you after this one. Zero need to, as you're just flat out completely nuts, hateful, and possibly dangerous. if I was capable I'd probably just ban you and not care what anyone else thought about it.

milkyTommy and 64bitmodels like this.
  13. SANIC

SANIC GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後

United States
    It’s the idea that since it’s a story game, the story needs to be at the center of it all, but they clearly disregarded a lot of plot thread from the first game by doing that one character dirty at the beginning. The basic revenge plot was seriously bland if you look at it from a wider scale, and the whole Abby/Ellie contrast they were trying to do falls flat on its face at the end without real fulfillment because the ending is meaningless. It’s theme constantly contradicts itself with what is bad and what is good, then tells you what to think at the end, instead of being the ambiguous shades of gray of the first game. If this game was a spin-off released 4 years ago with different characters and references to Joel or Ellie scattered throughout which leads up to Abby finding the group would be better, but they tried to crunch in forced character development because of the exaggerated violence that needed to seem in place for those characters in the second half. They completely shat on Ellie’s character, and it just doesn’t make sense why they would do all this.

if some of this doesn’t make sense I tried to do my best without spoiling

14. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    I KNOW, RITE? THEY ARE FUCKING NAUGHTY!!! :tpi:

... Why are we shouting? :glare:

15. Izual Urashima

Belgium
    WHAT DID YOU SAID ? I CAN'T HEAR YOU !

Taleweaver likes this.
  16. MadMakuFuuma

MadMakuFuuma Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    sorry, hetero here... but if any of my children "became" gay, or whatever they need to be (because is their lives) , im going to love them the same way...

about the game, i never played before. one day, maybe. i don't have any Sony console, so...

phil87 likes this.
  17. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...
    Global Moderator

Poland
    I don't post spoilers for relatively "brand-new" games, and I don't see why I should just to satisfy your curiosity. I'm literally playing the game right now, I don't understand what your problem is. Have you played the game? Because you'd probably know which two scenes I'm talking about, given what happens in the story later.

18. Agusto101

Agusto101 GBAtemp Regular

Guatemala
    Enjoy it probably thats the entire sells for the game, I mean it sold more than ff 7 remake people are just stupid.

19. GoldenBullet

GoldenBullet That One Guy

United States
    I understand the hate for the game even though I liked it myself. I think some people don't get that the point of the game is for you not to enjoy most of it and once you understand that, you can appreciate the game more. The game said "screw you" to the players and a lot of people (not all) are butt hurt about it. There is a lot more to the moral than "revenge is bad"

The game has a lot of problems such as pacing in the endgame, structure, and a little bit too much of social awareness. I think there were ways to make everyone happy without sacrificing too much of the given plot.

The game seems like it was made to win an Oscar with the shocks and twists (like it or not) and the structure of the story was affected by that. Nevertheless, the gameplay is pretty great and replayable, the story is good standalone and definitely isnt a 1/10 (at least a 7 from pessimist standpoint). I personally thought it is a great piece of art that surpasses the original.

Last edited by GoldenBullet, Jun 28, 2020
  20. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Imagine if they had made the character everyone hates black too... missed opportunity.

IncredulousP likes this.
  21. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    WHAT!!?? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!! :P

(okay... I couldn't resist)

Izual Urashima likes this.
  22. seanp2500

seanp2500 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    phil87 likes this.
  23. SG854

SG854 If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It

Comoros
    Naughty Dog doesn't like to use the word fun but the word engagement. But is the story being brutal and nihilistic really engaging when it causes emotional fatigue?

Last edited by SG854, Jun 28, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - million, sells,