'The Last of Us Part I' gets new, official features and gameplay trailer

tolu part 1.JPG

After some footage leaked online, PlayStation has aired an official, 10-minute features and gameplay trailer for The Last of Us Part I, the remake of the first entry to The Last of Us series. In addition to comparison footage of the previous version of the game, the trailer also includes interviews with the game directors as well as technical details that are characteristic improvements of the remake.

The Last of Us Part I will be available on PS5 this September 2, and later for PC.

:arrow: SOURCE

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cut scene.
Kill 10 infected with a handgun.
Cut scene.
Kill 45 human beings with an assault rifle.
Really heartfelt cut scene.
Kill an entire village of human survivors.
Cut scene.
Etc, etc...
Kill about 30 human doctors who are heartlessly trying to save the world.
Ending cut scene.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When's the TV series out - next year? I mean the game was great when it came out, but that gameplay is rather outdated and stiff already, maybe this rework of sorts will make it play more like the [better playing] 2nd game ...so maybe it's more for newbies to the series, fresh from watching the show, and not really for us more seasoned gamers? I mean I point blank refuse to pay 70 fukkin quid for this, but can kind of see why they've made it...

Reactions: Mindless_Toxin

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I typed a similar reply before reading yours haha.

As for naughty dog. No thank you. I will save my money for games that don't preach to me, and don't include ugly humunculous characters and expect me to believe it is a female.
I genuinely do not want to see a photo of you, but I'm going to go ahead and confidently assume you are not the socially imposed ideal of masculine good looks.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When's the TV series out - next year? I mean the game was great when it came out, but that gameplay is rather outdated and stiff already, maybe this rework of sorts will make it play more like the [better playing] 2nd game ...so maybe it's more for newbies to the series, fresh from watching the show, and not really for us more seasoned gamers? I mean I point blank refuse to pay 70 fukkin quid for this, but can kind of see why they've made it...
Supposedly from what internal leaks are saying about it the remake is only on the graphical layer of things and some ai tweaks. Everything else however including gameplay mechanics are the same.

Actually I stand corrected, they removed the multi-player system since they want to make that into its own separate game now. So more or less the same experience with a new coat of paint and lacking some features/gameplay of the original for $70.

This is being done because Sony wants to throw all of its weight into this IP, and want to milk it for all its worth. It also would not surprise me if this being released so soon is a means to generate more hype for said TV series since between the time passed the last game was released in the franchise was a few years ago and the fact that it was received with much mixed opinions of fans any hype for the TV show is probably dependent on the hype of the IP itself, which needs to be renewed and reinvigorated prior to airing. This "ramake" of the first game is probably their hand to play in generating said hype for the TV show. A good way to hype fans again and introduce potential new fans (with the PC port) and trying to bury the mixed sequel from people's minds by focusing entirely on the first game again. Chances are its not going to look good for either the remake or the series.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
It's absolutely ridiculous that Naughty Dog actually focused on making a 70$ remake of a game that came out less than a decade ago.
They could've used those resources and money to create a third part, or a new IP.
And that comes from someone who owns a PS3 copy.
To put things in prespective, TLOU sold more than FFVII and people are paying several times a 70$ remake of the latter, You can do as me and not paying full price for it and wait.

They tend to call fans as "racist" and "misogynist" to discredit them more so than those two terms.

It. Just. Doesn't. Work.
Screenshots with examples then please.

And they will send a bunch of bots to pretend people are upset because "politics", reality is people are actually unhappy with naughty dog after last of us 2.
SO let me get this straught: you believe that naughty dog paid people to be homophobic / transphobic to deviate attentions for what? Killing off Joel? :rofl2:

Supposedly from what internal leaks are saying about it the remake is only on the graphical layer of things and some ai tweaks. Everything else however including gameplay mechanics are the same.

Actually I stand corrected, they removed the multi-player system since they want to make that into its own separate game now. So more or less the same experience with a new coat of paint and lacking some features/gameplay of the original for $70.

This is being done because Sony wants to throw all of its weight into this IP, and want to milk it for all its worth. It also would not surprise me if this being released so soon is a means to generate more hype for said TV series since between the time passed the last game was released in the franchise was a few years ago and the fact that it was received with much mixed opinions of fans any hype for the TV show is probably dependent on the hype of the IP itself, which needs to be renewed and reinvigorated prior to airing. This "ramake" of the first game is probably their hand to play in generating said hype for the TV show. A good way to hype fans again and introduce potential new fans (with the PC port) and trying to bury the mixed sequel from people's minds by focusing entirely on the first game again. Chances are its not going to look good for either the remake or the series.
As far as I understant TLOU Part 1 is TLOU ported to TLOU 2 engine with further improvements, it's a bit more complicated than that and involved quite some work.

Last edited by pustal,

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I understant TLOU Part 1 is TLOU ported to TLOU 2 engine with further improvements, it's a bit more complicated than that and involved quite some work.
That was a rumor that as of this point it still has not been confirmed to be true. The only reference that seems to state it using a new engine is some undetermined "New PS5 Powered Engine" with no greater detail on the matter, nor makes sense given that its also a PC port as well.

Beauty is more than skin deep, but skin deep is all this really looks to be.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
That was a rumor that as of this point it still has not been confirmed to be true. The only reference that seems to state it using a new engine is some undetermined "New PS5 Powered Engine" with no greater detail on the matter, nor makes sense given that its also a PC port as well.

Beauty is more than skin deep, but skin deep is all this really looks to be.
They talk on the video how they are using features from TLOU 2 in TLOU Part 1 like companion prediction or using TLOU 2 AI. They either have to backport it to TLOU engine or port TLOU Part 1 to TLOU 2 engine as use it as is. Considering they wanted and are taking advantage of hardware capabilities they updated the engine too and considering how they always worked moving their engine foward, it's easy to see this is the latter. Aside that they added stuff like 3D audio support, reworked lighting and models, upgraded textures, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM