The Last of Us, fan film pt 3 crowdfunding campaign

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Another World, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Another World
    OP

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    the-last-of-us-official-fan-film.jpg

In case you missed it, the popular PS3 survival-horror game [The Last of Us] by Naughty Dog, has been recreated by Iron Horse Cinema Productions as a fan film project. The Last of US film project current spans 2 episodes and more than 40 minutes of top quality footage. The team behind the project wants to pick up where part 2 left off, and have started a crowdfunding campaign to raise $3,000 to cover the production costs of the next installment.

Check out parts 1 & 2 and then head on over to their Indiegogo campaign for more details.

:arrow: The Last of Us Fan Film Part 1
    :arrow: The Last of Us Fan Film Part 2
    :arrow: The Last of Us Fan FIlm Part 3 Indiegogo Crowdfunding Campaign

2. mkdms14

mkdms14 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2012
    United States
    Unless they got permission to do this from Naughty Dog or Sony I smell a possible lawsuit on the way.

3. Wombo Combo

Wombo Combo That Ain't Falco

Mar 17, 2010
    United States
    The one that plays Ellie bugs me she is too old to play the part it kinda puts the mood off the game gives.

aiat_gamer and Hikaru like this.
  4. ipwndeveloper

ipwndeveloper GBAtemp Regular

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    San Fransisco, CA
    It would be a cool concept but I see possible implementation errors. I did enjoy the game though.

5. Another World
    OP

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    part 2 was on indiegogo as well. both parts are all over the web, they hit almost every major video game news site. i'm pretty sure naughty dog is rather impressed by their efforts and not upset over it.

-another world

6. mkdms14

mkdms14 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2012
    United States
    Ok I just remembered a similar thing with a Final Fantasy 7 fan made film to be made and once Square Enix got wind of it they shut it down really quickly. Glad to see there are still companies out there who enjoy watching fans have some fun with there stuff.

7. aiat_gamer

aiat_gamer GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2008
    Iran
    Exactly, I could not watch it for more than 30 seconds, and it looks like they using the exact game moments and lines...that is not how fan films should be made.

8. zachtheninja

zachtheninja Honorary Ninja

Aug 28, 2011
    United States
    Texas
    If It's promoting the last of us more than it is distracting from it, I doubt that Naughty Dog would take them to court.
    Sony Entertainment might though, if they're planing on using the IP in their own film.