The Last of Us confusion

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by TheJinKazama, Mar 12, 2014.

1. TheJinKazama
    OP

TheJinKazama Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2011
    Hello,

Brand new to the PS3 scene. Using a PS3 on the latest Rebug firmware (4.46.1) with the latest multiman. I have backups of The Last of Us on 2 blu-ray disks, disk 2 has a sticker saying "transfer this folder to disc 1 folder PS3_Game/ USDIR/ build/ main before transfer to HDD". I'd like to run it from the blu-rays or from the internal hard drive if possible as I don't have an external one. I tried to put both disks in and run them through multiman but the screen goes black on each. I copied disk 2 onto the internal drive using multiman and tried running disk 1 but it also went black. I then tried to copy disk 1 (while disk 2 was still on the internal) but ran out of space (it's only a 36GB HDD). Can you advise me on what to do next?

Thanks

2. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    Either upgrade the Hard Drive, or get an external. I may be wrong, but as far as I know we still can't launch games from disc.

3. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    Buy an external drive or upgrade internal drive. Games cannot be launched when files are separate.

4. TheJinKazama
    OP

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2011
    I got an external HDD and copied both disk files to it using multiman. How do I go about combining them as the sticker I mentioned above suggests and then playing?

Thanks

5. TheJinKazama
    OP

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2011
    Update: Installed both disks, copied the files from disk 2 using multiman's file browser then deleted the top folder 20140316-233841-[DISC-COPY] and kept The.Last.Of.Us.PS3-DUPLEX, adding BCES01584 to the beginning and removing spaces. Works fine.