The Klonoa animated movie has been cancelled

mKw0pLD.png

Announced back in 2016 was an anime movie based on the classic Bandai Namco franchise, Klonoa. The movie was to be a major step for the series, which hadn't seen a new game entry since 2008. Henshin, an American animation studio was in charge of the production, with Japanese manga artist Hitoshi Ariga to provide storyboarding and character concept art. A year after the reveal in mid 2017, it was rumored that the project was in jeopardy and facing financial issues, though it was never confirmed by the production team. In January 2019, it had been finally announced by Ariga that the project was being cancelled, ending the hopes for something new for the Klonoa series.

This is a notification that the Klonoa animated project has been cancelled. There was no choice, and we’d like to apologize to everyone who has waited this long.

Still, it’s the truth that such a project was proposed and worked on. Klonoa is a character who is able to wield that sort of influence.

I hope Klonoa will be able to begin another journey sometime…

Thank you to everyone for your support up to this point

:arrow: Source

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I FUCKING KNEW IT
I never really had high hopes for the movie even if I'm a hella big fan of Klonoa, but I knew the poor cabbit can't get anything nice.
Why u hate Klonoa so much Namco

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loved Klonoa, but the game in 2008 was the Wii version I think, and that was a port of the ps2 game I'm pretty sure.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

NUUU

At least re-release the older games. :sad:
They already released Klonoa 2(?) on the Wii, these games are probably older then most gbatemp members.

CJmario of the Myst

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loved Klonoa, but the game in 2008 was the Wii version I think, and that was a port of the ps2 game I'm pretty sure.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

They already released Klonoa 2(?) on the Wii, these games are probably older then most gbatemp members.
It's was a remake of klonoa 1 that was released on the wii (which in my opinion was worse than the original). I figured this was already canceled after not hearing about it for a while, which is a disappointment because now we can say klonoa is dead. I don't see them ever making another game at this point, sadly.

BLsquared

Game Programmer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one who saw this and is mainly disappointed because Ariga is involved? That it's one of his projects being canned?
Just adapt Megamix/Gigamix already!
Ok, I'm good now.
Anywho, he's a great artist and writer, hate to hear this. Good luck with the next one!

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's was a remake of klonoa 1 that was released on the wii (which in my opinion was worse than the original). I figured this was already canceled after not hearing about it for a while, which is a disappointment because now we can say klonoa is dead. I don't see them ever making another game at this point, sadly.
Probably, if anything they would have to reboot for a younger audience. Though who knows.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Considering we haven't got Klonoa 3 yet and all the remakes the first two games got instead of new games, at least outside of Japan, who didn't saw this coming?

D

Deleted User

What a great way to find out about a movie you didn't know could have existed. :glare:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade...