The Klonoa animated movie has been cancelled

mKw0pLD.png

Announced back in 2016 was an anime movie based on the classic Bandai Namco franchise, Klonoa. The movie was to be a major step for the series, which hadn't seen a new game entry since 2008. Henshin, an American animation studio was in charge of the production, with Japanese manga artist Hitoshi Ariga to provide storyboarding and character concept art. A year after the reveal in mid 2017, it was rumored that the project was in jeopardy and facing financial issues, though it was never confirmed by the production team. In January 2019, it had been finally announced by Ariga that the project was being cancelled, ending the hopes for something new for the Klonoa series.

This is a notification that the Klonoa animated project has been cancelled. There was no choice, and we’d like to apologize to everyone who has waited this long.

Still, it’s the truth that such a project was proposed and worked on. Klonoa is a character who is able to wield that sort of influence.

I hope Klonoa will be able to begin another journey sometime…

Thank you to everyone for your support up to this point

:arrow: Source

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: RIP Akira Toriyama
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I didn't know there was a movie being made. I honestly feel like that might say something about the budget involved and that it most likely wasn't going to be very good.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering how hard they have been total failures at advertising the games leading to bad sales of a game that's actually pretty good I'm not shocked. Wether they did a wretched job at advertising it or not they just see bad sales and assume it's not popular. I'm shocked the movie wasn't canned sooner. But I am quite sadned that the Klonoa games have never gotten a good shot due to Bandai Namco's apathy towards helping ther series to succeed.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I didn't know there was a movie being made. I honestly feel like that might say something about the budget involved and that it most likely wasn't going to be very good.
well, it probably had the same ad budget as the games....I'm not joking

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly feel like that might say something about the budget involved and that it most likely wasn't going to be very good.

So, like most video game movies. Honestly, I can totally see a Klonoa movie being decently good just because the source material is pretty simple to spin into a child film. But as others have said, it'd be better to just make another game. Me personally, I'd prefer another puzzle-platformer like the gba games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over