The Kingdom Hearts games are headed to the Nintendo Switch through cloud streaming

kingdom-hearts-1-scaled.jpg

Announced today alongside the final character reveal for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was that Kingdom Hearts is coming to the Nintendo Switch. Three titles will be available, letting you catch up on all the series lore: Kingdom Hearts I.5+II.5 ReMIX, Kingdom Hearts II.8, and Kingdom Hearts III. These games will utilize cloud streaming to be playable on the Switch, rather than be straight up ports to the console. No release date was given.

:arrow: Source

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Man I really think cloud gaming could take off on the Switch if Nintendo had a unified platform for it. Nintendo Cloud Arcade or something, where you could buy universal credits to be used on any game, in oppose to buying time to play one specific game.

I'd actually be really interested in something like that.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Lazy Nintendo, instead of porting I.5+II.5 ReMIX -because those should run fine on the Switch- we're getting this Cloud Streaming BS instead.. smh
I dont see how Nintendo is to blame here..

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Lazy Nintendo, instead of porting I.5+II.5 ReMIX -because those should run fine on the Switch- we're getting this Cloud Streaming BS instead.. smh

It's probably SE's decision more than Nintendo.

Although I do think it seems pointless on the Switch, since it limits where you can actually play it and one of the reasons I got the Switch was to AVOID streaming.

I'd rather buy the games at full price from EGS and play them on the Steam Deck than this version.

Edit:

I know it's not completely pointless, e.g. if you only have a Switch and only play at home, but being able to 'play anywhere' for at least SP games was always a selling point for me of the Switch.

Last edited by tech3475,

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
This is more of a Square-Enix thing than Nintendo's.

In my personal case, I'm not into stream based games or game services, and won't be till they become 100% reliable, which may or may not happen during my life span 😂
But it's obvious that companies realized the success of the Switch would actually be great to keep launching "current" games, they just want a quick, efficient way to earn easy money without the need of taking the time and making the investment for develop a dedicated version.
In the case of SE (more the "Square" than the "Enix"), we've seen the FF games on Switch being ports of either old versions or mobile versions, with the pinnacle of this being the port of FF XV we got.
And well, for cloud gaming the possibility is there, they just took it.

Reactions: MORSHU8KRTXON

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1