XP
Country
China
Infinity Power Gauge
Hidden Characters Direct Select

1: Use Hactool Extract KOF97 NSP Game File
2: Extract db98dc7655821bcb5bf9005dd267cae7.nca
3: Select /romfs/p1.bin.gz to Patch
4: If You Use SXOS Put Patched p1.bin.gz to SDCARD:/sxos/titles/0100170008728000/romfs

kof97.png

Attachments

• KOF97.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 459
Last edited by zestiva,
Reactions: KingMuk

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello,

I'm sorry you can't share pre-patched binary file.
game files are copyrighted and can't be shared here.

If you want to share a mod, you need to generate and share a patch (usually with Xdelta program).

zestiva

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
hello,

I'm sorry you can't share pre-patched binary file.
game files are copyrighted and can't be shared here.

If you want to share a mod, you need to generate and share a patch (usually with Xdelta program).
the binary file is from nca romfs extracted and modify myself, I dont know how to use xdelta program, and why pokemon let's go mod can share? It is binary file the same

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
xdelta is easy to use.
you get an original and a modified file, and compare both with the program. It'll generate a patch file (the difference) that you can share.
users will then use the patch file to apply the same changed to their original file.

you can look at other mod and translation projects to see how it's done.

another solution is to explain what you did so other people can do the same.

you are right, pokemon mod is still online, I told the author it's illegal and it'll be removed. looks like I'm the only one caring.

zestiva

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
xdelta patch is very trouble for end users, their must learn how to use hactool extract nsp and nca file ,patch original binary file ,create designated location directory,Can I share the modified and repacked nsp game file?

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xdelta patch is very trouble for end users, their must learn how to use hactool extract nsp and nca file ,patch original binary file ,create designated location directory,Can I share the modified and repacked nsp game file?
Nop cant do.

Besides, to be honest, pfba can run neogeo clone games without issues.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I see you made your own patcher. maybe add a version to it? or a changelog to know what the current patcher is patching, in case you add more patches in the future?

Patchers are fine too if you don't want users to learn how to use xdelta, as long as the patcher only contains the patch information and not the complete file to re-create.
I personally find the file size a little big a simple byte swap, unless it has a GUI and the background picture is that big, or maybe it's a xdelta+patch package?

Like you said, it can be difficult for users to learn how to use hackpack and extract nca.
When I talked about another project doing things right, I meant they are providing a script to patch the nsp (or xci) directly, the user doesn't have to learn how to use hacpack.

using your patcher is fine but only half the steps, as a suggestion you could make a script (batch file) to do both hackpack and use your patcher.
you can find a script here :
https://github.com/UnderProject/UnderProjectNX/blob/master/TRADUCIR.bat
you need the content of this folder too : https://github.com/UnderProject/UnderProjectNX/tree/master/tools
except you can replace the xdelta executable and patch with your own patcher.

The user only has to provide the title.key file generated from his console (all tools are using this file so they should already have the keys, they just need to put it in the folder)

again, that's just a suggestion to make things easier for everyone.

Last edited by Cyan,

zestiva

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I see you made your own patcher. maybe add a version to it? or a changelog to know what the current patcher is patching, in case you add more patches in the future?

Patchers are fine too if you don't want users to learn how to use xdelta, as long as the patcher only contains the patch information and not the complete file to re-create.
I personally find the file size a little big a simple byte swap, unless it has a GUI and the background picture is that big, or maybe it's a xdelta+patch package?

Like you said, it can be difficult for users to learn how to use hackpack and extract nca.
When I talked about another project doing things right, I meant they are providing a script to patch the nsp (or xci) directly, the user doesn't have to learn how to use hacpack.

using your patcher is fine but only half the steps, as a suggestion you could make a script (batch file) to do both hackpack and use your patcher.
you can find a script here :
https://github.com/UnderProject/UnderProjectNX/blob/master/TRADUCIR.bat
you need the content of this folder too : https://github.com/UnderProject/UnderProjectNX/tree/master/tools
except you can replace the xdelta executable and patch with your own patcher.

The user only has to provide the title.key file generated from his console (all tools are using this file so they should already have the keys, they just need to put it in the folder)

again, that's just a suggestion to make things easier for everyone.
because original binnary file is gzip compressed , patched file almost equal another gzip , so difference data is big , I used patch tool created exe patch file built-in some dll also

Last edited by zestiva,
Reactions: Cyan and cearp

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah, with the patcher it should be easier to do that.
The end user don't have to mess with gzip themselves like with xdelta patches. and even with batch it should be possible to extract/repack properly.

current patcher is fine as it's not sharing the full binary file, but doesn't contain just the byte address to patch. That would be even cleaner if you can do that :)
Thank you for listening and complying so far. sorry that it's becoming more and more difficult to share mods and translations on each new console gen.

ps: as you mentioned it I'm keeping you informed, pokemon thread case is currently being taken care of too. you're not the only one having to find solutions.

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat