The Killers

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by mattyb89, Nov 1, 2007.

1. mattyb89
    OP

mattyb89 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2007
    I was just wandering if there were any fans of the killers on here as they have a new album coming out in a couple of weeks and was wondering who was going to pick up a copy. (It has already been leaked on torrent btw, but being a massive fan of them ill get a real copy).

They also have an Christmas song "Dont shoot me Santa" released 1st December.

2. Redsquirrel

Redsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 27, 2007
    new album?! im sure they released Sams Town earlier this year?

3. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Sams Town was out last year.

The new one is only a b-sides and rarities album, I do like their duet with Lou Reed but it could've done with some better production.

4. Redsquirrel

Redsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 27, 2007
    yeah i just saw.. called sawdust yeah

5. mattyb89
    OP

mattyb89 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2007
    Nah Sams Town was last year if I remember correctly. Besides its not all new songs theres like 3 or 4 new songs and the rest are rare tracks.

6. IainDS

IainDS GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    I'll be picking up a copy.

7. Shinji

Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    City of Delusion
    I've got 2006 for Sams town...

The Killers christmas music is pretty interesting (I heard a few tracks on Yahoo Music [​IMG] ). I also head the "Mr. Brightside" remixes....about 10 of them.

P.S.

The Killers > The Bravery

8. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    New tracks:
    Put The Bourbon on the Shelf, which I've seen around the net.
    Tranqulize, duet with Lou Reed which I like and has been out for a month now.
    Shadowplay, a Joy Division cover thats been out for ages.
    Ruby, Don't Take Your Love to Town, a cover of Kenny Rogers & The First Edition song.

Nothing to get excited about really to be honest, the "rarities" aren't really that rare at all. Oh and I think that torrent is actually not a proper version of the album, just made up by someone not that it matters much I guess.

They have great singles but their albums are kinda average to me. Something for fans only.

9. EmeraldEx

EmeraldEx GBAtemp Regular

Aug 31, 2007
    Greece
    I LOVE The Killers

10. Psyfira

Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

Dec 31, 2003
    England
    I didn't know they were releasing another one. I love the title track of Sam's Town, but the rest of it didn't really grab me. I preordered it without listening to samples so didn't realise it was going to be a bit mopier than Hot Fuss. I'll give it another listen sometime soon, I know some albums tend to grow on you rather than being an instant winner so maybe that's one of them.