The JXD s7800 is Coming...and With Dramatic Music :P

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by LightyKD, Sep 20, 2013.

1. LightyKD
    OP

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA

Some of you might remember JXD from their Wii U and PSP looking Android "game consoles" well, here comes another and it's sporting a whopping 2 gigs of RAM. Personally I still prefer the Wii U look of the s7300 but oh well :P

2. mrnintendo15

mrnintendo15 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Nowhere
    I bought a JXD S7300 like 7 months ago and it was total garbage. The left analog stick just acted as a second d-pad, and the right analog stick was non-functional. It also had a nasty d-pad bug. Finally, I dropped it about 1.5ft by accident like a week after I bought it and the screen cracked.
    You also gotta love that engrish in the video. Look at 0:52 "Protable and HD" lol

3. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Nonetheless: that's a pretty sweet commercial. Not sure if it's legal to display third-party content (emulators and ROMs) without permission, but seeing how we all know what it'll be used for, it's probably okay even if they have to remove it from sony, nintendo and whomever else didn't agreed on being used in the demo.

And...dramatic music, indeed. :P

Ericthegreat likes this.
  4. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    Perhaps it just prides itself on being a fine surface with which to place things upon.

5. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    As always, stay away from JXD, it's cheap crap, and it has some of the worst firmware/hardware for Android around.

I dunno if the S7800 is any better, but judging from its previous products, I find that difficult to believe.

Duo8 and mrnintendo15 like this.
  6. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    nah, they meant to put prod-able. It does have a touch screen :P I'm more surprised by the SNOY PSP.

7. mrnintendo15

mrnintendo15 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Nowhere
    JXD s7800 final.JPG

8. Vanth88

Vanth88 Private

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Florida
    Actually I'm kind of thinking of getting the 7800. It features... and I'm not shitting you when I say this... separate analog sticks and dpad! I know its trippy!

9. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    or you know you can just get a ps3 controller and a tablet that isnt complete garbage

10. raulpica

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    Wait, you're saying they finally GOT it right after 4 different tablets that borked such an essential feature?

11. emigre

emigre Oh Jeremy Corbyn

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London

Are the analog sticks actually analog now?

12. raulpica

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    Nope, I don't think so, but at least they should finally be separated from the digital buttons. Before wheter you used the "analog" or the digital stick, they still had the same keypress, so you couldn't assign them to two different things (like the N64 controller requires).

EDIT: Looking at the trailer, they're FINALLY using true analogs in there. But do they REALLY work as analogs? Who knows.
    EDIT2: Gotta love how they're showing PSP games, even if they're SLOW-ASS :rofl2:
    EDIT3: On the youtube comments there's someone asking if there's lag on PSP games, and they just reply with "No, you can find psp emulator in it.". The answer is totally TaeWong-like.

13. Vanth88

Vanth88 Private

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Florida
  14. raulpica

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    Yeah, I looked at those already some days ago while searching for more infos.

BTW, from some benchmarks of the CPU it has in it, looks like it has pretty much the power of the International Galaxy SIII (which is awesome). But it'll be all up to JXD to not botch the software side horribly yet again.

Ugh, I'm horribly tempted to get one, even if my previous experience with JXD was a nightmare-y one.

15. dragonmaster

dragonmaster THE WALKER

Sep 9, 2005
    Greece
    ouya and a small tv far more reliable ;)

16. king_leo

king_leo Real Hero

Sep 12, 2009
    De RigueurMortis
    Actually, you should blame the company for that, they obviously didn't change the setting (or are using an outdated ppsspp). I've seen a Galaxy SII run PPSSPP at 30 fps without struggle (On low settings).

17. raulpica

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    Well, I'm sure nobody in here blamed PPSSPP :P

It's well-known that it's a complete mystery how JXD even manages to build these things, since they evidently don't know their stuff.

18. Duo8

Duo8 I don't like video games

Jul 16, 2013
    Most advertised feature is emulators lol.
    This just goes to show that devices like this won't sell unless there are emulators in them.
    Fail.

At least they are honest with the trailer.

19. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    And portable.

20. kristianity77

kristianity77 GBATemp old fogey

Jul 10, 2003
    Bewdley, UK
    I dunno why there is so much hate for JXD products. Admittedly I never owned anything before the S7300 so I dont know what the quality of them were like but the S7300 is perfectly find for what I need it for which is emulation. Yeah, you've got to pop on custom firmware out of the box to get it more stable etc but its a 5 minute job and easy. Battery life agreed is a tad woeful with only 2.5-3 hours a charge if your running emulators but its a great little device.