Hacking The item "Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (USA).cia" can't be copied because it is too large ...

GameGuru36

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the microSD card has to be formatted as FAT32 how can I use the larger games since I can't copy them onto the card?

GameGuru36

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I still have 114GB left on my 128GB card. The description ran out of space so the key part of the message is cut off "... for the volume's format." So how do we use these larger games?

GameGuru36

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAT32 is limited to 2GB.

Ok seeing conflicting information on the net, some sites saying FAT32 is limited to 2GB, some say 4GB. If it really is 4GB then why can't I put anything over 2GB on it. Hmm.

Last edited by GameGuru36,

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I thought 64GByte SD is the max size for 3ds.
Maybe thats the issue?
Or your file is damaged.
Try to install it using the qr Code?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to copy it with an FTP program
That will take way too long, FTP is never good to copy large files. :blink:

Your memory card.... sd card, maybe has errors or something, you should not have issues copying any file under 4GB in Fat32 format. You either have a problematic sd card or needs reformatting. Can always use the hw2test tool to be sure if the sd card is valid or not.:unsure:

GameGuru36

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok looks like it is a limitation of Finder in macOS High Sierra, installing a 3rd party file manager and will see if that works.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (USA) in CIA format cannot be larger than 4 GB. The size should be around 2.20 GB. Did you rip the game from a physical cart or tried converting a .3ds one into CIA using GodMode9 v1.5.0? There is a bug in this particular version that causes it to incorrectly convert .3ds files into .cia.

For future reference when you run into a .3ds file that is 4 GB or larger, you can use 3DS Simple CIA Converter to produce CIA files under 4 GB on your computer.

Edit : Just realized, GodMode9 cannot possible create larger than 4 GB CIA on the 3DS anyway due to the FAT32's 4 GB file limit. You got a bad source dump or whatever you used to convert from .3ds to .cia did it wrong.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Isn't it because of not enough space on SD? For my 16GB, it works normally even with 5GB games.
There's no such thing as 5 GB games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok looks like it is a limitation of Finder in macOS High Sierra, installing a 3rd party file manager and will see if that works.
Ok Forklift worked, it was a Finder issue!
It's actually most likely the SD since it's a 128 GB card formatted as FAT32. How did you partition it?

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
How long have you had this card, what is the reputation of the place you purchased it from, is it a known brand, and have you filled it with more stuff than now in the past?

CloudvsRoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ah, yeah, I have a 2013 MacBook Air and Finder has trouble copying anything over 2GB to any external drive. I have Bootcamp Win10 on it so it wasn't an issue, but I always wondered.

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Quantumcat

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP