1. GensokyoIceFairy

Banned

United Kingdom
    Haha genecyst was made by the nesticle team (and had as equally as bad of a cursor) not surprised there

FWNES > NESTICLE though according to a friend who used FWnes back in the day

2. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    I never knew about that other emulator TBH, then I eventually found out about Zsnes, used that for a long time, and eventually, to Snes9x.

3. Mike_77712

Mike_77712 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Gotta love the wii u and it's super emulator capabilities, i think it will forever be an f u to nintendo lol. Time to stock up on some roms

the_randomizer and Carnelian like this.
  4. Carnelian
    This message by Carnelian has been removed from public view by Chary, Aug 17, 2018, Reason: Bickering.
    Aug 16, 2018 Show
  5. Trash_Bandatcoot

Trash_Bandatcoot im useless

Netherlands
    I never knew everything had a copyright-restriction until they hit the 75th year. But in some instances, 3rd party companies can end by going bankrupt for example, making it abondonware, so it can go online publicly. If this happens for 3rd party Nintendo games, rom sites may allow them back as abondonware.

GensokyoIceFairy likes this.
  6. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Mexico
    It's not always 75 years, but I think that's the standard more or less.
    In the case of companies, such as Nintendo or Disney, it can take more, as they seem so eager to milk the shit out of 50+ years products (like Disney).
    I think the copyright hold got extended in 1998, but I am unsure just how long that means for companies like them.

7. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

United States
    I'm beginning to get the idea that you might be a lil salty

8. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

United States
    My dudes--this shit
    [​IMG]
    into a weird territory, but you can still find stuff by the bay and other places, so....go duck(duckgo) yourself (a new warez site) before you come (in___) angrily.

9. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

United States
    funny thing is it's only 2 sites so far unless nintendo is suing/gag ordering as well more sites wonder if the person behind loveroms/love retro used fake info to register the domain taking every precaution including overseas servers and then you wonder how the lawyers found him that will make you question if the lawyers tactics of locating said rom site hosters are even legal

10. azoreseuropa
    This message by azoreseuropa has been removed from public view by Chary, Aug 17, 2018, Reason: Reply to trashed post.
    Aug 16, 2018 Show
  11. the_randomizer
    This message by the_randomizer has been removed from public view by Chary, Aug 17, 2018, Reason: Reply to trashed post.
    Aug 16, 2018 Show
  12. azoreseuropa
    This message by azoreseuropa has been removed from public view by Chary, Aug 17, 2018, Reason: Reply to trashed post.
    Aug 16, 2018 Show
  13. the_randomizer
    This message by the_randomizer has been removed from public view by Chary, Aug 17, 2018, Reason: Reply to trashed post.
    Aug 16, 2018 Show
  14. thekarter104

thekarter104 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Another site removed from the GBATemp banlist :tpi:
    Now we can safely say The Iso Zone.

15. Itzumi

Itzumi 3DS Enthusiast, Audiophile, Trans

United States
    Good thing I picked up some rom packs just a week ago.

EDIT: from TheIsoZone I mean.

16. LuxerWap

LuxerWap The Green Husky with a Broken Tail

United States
    I am not complaining. I still think what Nintendo is doing is right. I can't defend piracy. It's illegal, we all know it's illegal. Yes I do pirate game, but you don't see me having a fit over this mess. I thought everyone notices this by now...

17. SomeKindOfUsername

SomeKindOfUsername GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I doubt Nintendo much cares what you think about them if you were already downloading their stuff or are one of those pirates who tries justifying their actions instead of just being a chill pirate. They also probably don't care if you downloaded some complete sets which is really, really simple to do just saying.

LoveROMs was taken down because they thought operating in the US was a good idea. Any site closing now is either paranoid or wanted to get out of the game anyway.

18. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    Gotta love the nvidia shield TV and it's even better super emulator capabilities :creep:

19. GensokyoIceFairy

Banned

United Kingdom
    The PSP is calling to be noticed

20. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

United States
    TL;DR Site is moving and nothing is gone.

21. deSSy2724

deSSy2724 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    I assume they just removed the links, not actual data(games) from servers...... am I right?

22. 2DSGamerdude

2DSGamerdude GBAtemp Fan

Greece
    the links still seem up atm, don't know if they work.
    also, are all sites like these goons go down like this?
    this has started to get annoying.

23. AkitoUF

AkitoUF GBAtemp Regular

Chile
    A lot of people aren't informed at all. Nintendo had NOTHING to do with the closure of this site. And themselves are mentioning a new site with their uploads so nothing is lost.
    "Yeah, we lost a battle against Nintendo but here, we're making public another site with our same downloads for them to notice."

24. Xosei

Xosei Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    That.....sucks

25. MaverickWellington

United States
    This is an awful take. No one cares who you are, first and foremost. 95% of users here aren't people anyone thinks about outside of this site, and probably not even outside of this thread. Don't go thinking you're some special case. Secondly, is it right? Legally, only. Morally, fuck no. While TheIsoZone was not taken down by Nintendo, their host was intimidated by Nintendo's takedowns, and other DMCAs from numerous other companies at that, to the point that they're now moving the site somewhere else with new links, the point remains that Nintendo is going after sites that have more than just Nintendo games. There's shittons of alpha, beta, unreleased, and abandoned games on these sites, and for many, these are infinitely more interesting than any dumb Nintendo game you can usually buy on the e-shop.

Get off your high horse, acting like you're some saint in a sea of moral degeneracy. I can defend piracy, because the EU released a 300 page study that shows companies like Nintendo aren't affected by it in the slightest, and that it helps with preservation. If not for piracy, the west would likely not be exposed to characters and media like Nosferatu, and thus the Dracula mythos. This means we also wouldn't have game series like Castlevania, or vampires in popular roleplaying games such as D&D, The Elder Scrolls, and so on. Piracy can bring great things for performance in games, where the DRM is too intrusive, such as that one Ass Creed game, or it can allow you to *actually fucking install games* in the case of Civilization 3, which is next to impossible to install today, because the DRM will refuse to let the game load solely because it refuses to run on any systems with virtual disk software.

TL;DR There's great things to come with piracy, and the negatives are greatly overstated. Get off your high horse. You're not a saint, just pretentious.

26. modbrain

modbrain Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Jamaica
    Don't worry my friends - the community will help each other out. I still know a good place for those old xbox ISO which really are becoming hard to find!

27. MaverickWellington
    This message by MaverickWellington has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Aug 18, 2018, Reason: Doublepost.
    Aug 18, 2018 Show
  28. MaverickWellington
    This message by MaverickWellington has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Aug 18, 2018.
    Aug 18, 2018 Show

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - downloads, romsites, removing