1. LuxerWap

LuxerWap The Green Husky with a Broken Tail

United States
    How about no? Piracy is illegal. Point and simple. When action like this occurs, why they hell do I need to defend it? People should've known the consequences of messing with this stuff. It's nothing new. Don't really care how much you try to explain why it's right, cause it's not.

All I see here on the internet is people being whiny about those sites being down instead of just moving on to differents ones like some of us are.

2. MaverickWellington

United States
    You mean, it's only wrong to you because the law, which is notoriously written by greedy companies with no concern for preservation what the fuck so ever, tells you it is. Try thinking for yourself for once.

sergio_prado likes this.
  3. LuxerWap

United States
    Oh, I am. And I really don't care. It's the law. If I get caught for it, that is my responsibility.

4. MaverickWellington

United States
    That's an extremely childish take, but you do you man. Preservation as a necessity trumps copyright law, especially in situations where there's no legal alternative, like gamecube games.

5. LuxerWap

United States
    Eh, maybe to you. I just shrug off and move on.

6. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Yeah, i don't know why but out of every system it feels like it's near impossible to find original xbox games. It's like no one cares about the system. :cry:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  7. AkitoUF

AkitoUF GBAtemp Regular

Chile
    Man calm down a little, this doesn't have to turn into a war between people who wants free shit, people who actually want to preserve games and people who still like Nintendo despite everything.
    We're adults here, we don't have to fall on personal attacks and calling each other names.

I don't know where I'm standing in this because while I've hacked every possible console I could've hacked (ps2, ps3, 3ds, you name it) I still buy legit games when I like them and I still like Nintendo and their games.
    Sucks to get rom sites closed? Def.
    Do we have the right to complain? Only at certain stuff.
    Are we entitled to free shit? Hell no.

Let's be real here, sure, some of us are legit mad for preservation reasons but 99% of all of us just waned free shit myself included and I can admit it.
    It's not going to be the end of it, there's still No-Intro, there's still lots of torrents out there.

What I'm trying to say with all this (because I suck at expressing myself) is: we're all in this together even if we have different opinions and takes around this subject.

8. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

United Kingdom
    It's probably because the existing emulators for it have such low compatibility (like, close to zero) that the only people after og xbox isos are those with the original hardware... which I know is a decent amount of people, but compared to the user base for an equivalent emulated system it's tiny.

cvskid likes this.
  9. Uiaad

Uiaad GBAtemp's resident guinea pig

United Kingdom
    A
    There has been a fantastic leap when it comes to Xbox emulation. Can't remember the name of it off the top of my head but it looks like xbox emulation is getting the love it deserves.

10. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

United Kingdom
    CXBX? It's showing promise, but it's still a long way from even something like Saturn emu standards, let alone something like Dolphin.

11. Uiaad

Uiaad GBAtemp's resident guinea pig

United Kingdom
    Possibly I remember there was two of them now showing real promise. Will check when I'm not on mobile. But what you have to remember about Xbox emulation is that its a pain in the arse due the architecture of the machine. I have no doubt it will get there eventually.

12. MaverickWellington

United States
    My problem isn't with his stance. There's multiple people in the thread with similar stances, and it isn't a problem to have it. No, the problem is just his smug attitude and how he's trying to act like the standard for how people should be in this.

13. garyopa

garyopa Admin @ MaxConsole

Canada
    Its not about operating in the USA, it does not matter where your servers are located, its the 'money trail' that big 'N' follows.

The owners were located in the USA, the ones 'collecting the money', so they were easy targets to make an example of, and hopefully doing so would scare others off the web (and that trick worked). :)

3 things you need to do to stay under the radar.

#1 - Don't live in the USA or an EU country
    #2 - Don't charge VIP (monthly or yearly) members
    #3 - Don't use commercial ad networks like 'adsense'

If you follow those simple 3 rules, the only trouble you will get is a bunch of takedown emails, and the odd threatening letter mailed to your address listed in your 'whois' registery. :)

14. FateForWindows

FateForWindows GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    The Iso Zone is down for good now, and that retro site is down. Iso Zone now redirects to reprimed.com (if the website ends up having warez I will gladly remove the link). Before that the website had been replaced with this message:
    "Due to the actions of certain members of the community; coupled with the recent decision to remove all download links, I have decided to end support for this website.

Sorry a group of bad apples had to spoil it for the rest of you. Hopefully a new community will emerge soon.

-JaMbo87"

15. deSSy2724

deSSy2724 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Files are not deleted, only links..... same goes for the ison zone and emuparadise

16. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Another one gone. Nintendo must be planning some large retro digitial distribution with switch payed online.
    Im gonna call that edge rom site to be next. They have alot of stuff. good mame chds

17. FateForWindows

FateForWindows GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Emuparadise only did it out of caution and The Iso Zone had it planned for months, so eh

18. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    True. The best way to get roms is the complete sets from torrents. nintendo cant stop that

19. deSSy2724

deSSy2724 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    You can still d ow n loa d from e mu par adi se, just look for that "script"......

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    cvskid likes this.
  20. 2h0f9c5h3f4

2h0f9c5h3f4 Newbie
    Newcomer

Hong Kong
    Just sign up to say few words, because I found some of you are quite "interesting".

Some of you think piracy is illegal, while it is in most countries, but still download piracy roms or some other things that is piracy, and refuse to do anything to reform the copyright law like Pirate Party or something similar. To those say law is law, and keep breaking the sacred law "secretly", So you are saying you enjoy acting illegal/being a criminal? Or Is that your country are like NAZI Germany, you have no say to such thing? NAZI seems legally persecute Jews , that's their law.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - downloads, romsites, removing