Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP

The Integrity of GBAtemp Reviews

We provide unbiased reviews

As you may already know, the DS-X team was providing us with "exclusive" news about the DS-X - the next-generation flashcart that is scheduled for release in the next few weeks. They also promised that GBAtemp would be the first to receive a prototype of the DS-X.
However today we learnt that our friends over at MaxConsole supposedly received a unit of the new DS-X. Which sadly means that either MaxConsole or the DS-X team is lying to us.

While this may not be of any importance for you, here is another story that you should read more carefully.

• Two members of the DS-X team have asked us to spin a rating of the NinjaDS which we are currently reviewing in an attempt to promote their product.

• The review of the NinjaDS by MaxConsole, written by jpxdude, was originally a fairly non enthusiastic review of the product which is by no means a problem. But zeus, head of MaxConsole and Divineo - (yes, the online shop) modified the review later on in order to give a more negative image to the NinjaDS.

You may draw your own conclusions from these events.

We're not trying to harm anyone, not the DS-X team, not MaxConsole, we are only reminding you that GBAtemp Reviews are, and will always be unbiased. We do not condone spin doctoring in an effort to promote other products unfairly.

If the score in our upcoming review of the NinjaDS is bad or good it'll be because that's what the product deserves, similar with the DS-X. Our main concern is to bring objective, unbiased, lengthy and useful reviews. The impartiality of GBAtemp has been put into question so many times that we felt it was necessary to show you that you can trust us.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
smile.gif

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
GBAtemp staff, I'm happy you guys are giving the attention this event it deserves. Trust is something not very popular in the internet, After you telling the thousands of readers this, you probably grow even more. Keep it up for the next milestone 1,000,000 members!
toot.gif

Cygoku

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Jangie

Trophies
XP
Country
I find it enjoyable to note that the 'Two members of the DS-X team have asked us to spin a rating of the NinjaDS which we are currently reviewing in an attempt to promote their product.' piece coincidentally isn't brought up until after GBATemp realizes that MaxConsole scooped them.

In case any of you care, I'm not affiliated with either GBATemp or MaxConsole. Or anybody else in the 'scene'.

And as a footnote: Across the board, 'review units' explicitly sent to reviewers are generally hand-picked and tested by the manufacturer to ensure that the review won't be marred by unexpected flaws, instead of being any other off-the-assemblyline unit. It's generally safer to only trust personal reviews from people you know. Personally, I'm hoping that this DS-X cart turns out well. I pre-ordered one from modchipman and hope to get it soon.

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Well, here's an angry staff ! Anyway, is this an article to promote the NinjaDS ?

Cygoku

DID YOU EVEN READ THE FIRST POST?....pfffttt

back on track
well i hope this shuts all the people up that keep saying GBAtemp is working together with DS-X. I'm glad you guys got a chance to set things straight, now lets just hope things pan itself out nicly and DS-X will actually be a good cart like they say it wil be.
BTW how much worse can the Ninja-DS review get? I'm starting to think this company is pretty shifty. But regardless if they make a good product i wont care as much.

*goes over to check on MaxConsolse....sees a giant DS-X advert*
ohmy.gif

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm so not suprised that the ds xtreme group or whatever would try and pull this. Man GBAtemp just made my man-crush list.

Down with the conservative bias!!!

corbs132

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this news is huge in the trust of ds-x and the real greatness of the product. i will wait for future comments before i buy one.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I find it enjoyable to note that the 'Two members of the DS-X team have asked us to spin a rating of the NinjaDS which we are currently reviewing in an attempt to promote their product.' piece coincidentally isn't brought up until after GBATemp realizes that MaxConsole scooped them.

It wasn't brought up because we weren't contacted about the possibility of biasing a review until a few hours ago and we told them no. It's not something we've been sitting on.

SaltyDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's called responsibility. GBAtemp owes it to their readers (congrats on sharing the news) and DS-X owes it to their potential buyers (shame on you). Honestly, they look to have a good product, and if it is more costly than the NinjaDS, so what! People buy quality and will spend it for that. Here's hoping they have a good product and make up for a lousy launch.

daRealist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This should come as no surprise to anyone ... What should we expect from people who make a living off of piracy? Of course they are going to do underhanded things to make money.

I hope they at least offered gbatemp some money to write a fake review
happy.gif
Well, anyway ... nice work exposing the truth behind MaxConsole and the other parties involved here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte