GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you mean DS-Xtreme? I already got a DS-Link
wink2.gif
I like the reviews here it look very promising went you guy write.

Too bad for DS-X teams, we never know the review might turn out disappointed or even lie's
laugh.gif

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I can tell you that you don't want to buy a DS-Link. We've got one at home, and we haven't been able to run any game at all so far (a dozen games tested).
We need to review this one too...

If you wanna get rid of the DS-Link, You can always send it my way!
wink.gif

mecharse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
aha. I knew the DS-X team were up to something. I can only apologise for questioning GBAtemp's integrity though, this news has proved me completely wrong on that count.

One thing I'd suggest, though, is that more coverage of other flash carts wouldn't hurt - there have been no news posts about the DS-Link, for example, and while it may not have great compatibility (I don't own one myself, but I've heard it's reasonably compatible, just not as good as M3 or Supercard - maybe Costello got a faulty one?) it's certainly interesting news, being the first Slot-1 card to use removable media. Likewise with the Supercard Lite - first removable media-based card to sit completely flush with the DS Lite, not mentioned until someone reviewed it.

shunned_bozo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
QUOTE said:
IMO the DS-X has gotten more media attention @ Gbatemp than other flash utilities/hardware..... Why?

that's true..i fully agree
dry.gif

QUOTEBecause they provided us with more information than other teams.

however they could have been giving you tons of info more than other producers ,,,but the difference we noticed is in the quality/kind of attention and emphasis with which You did speaked about their product....
lecture.gif

just my opinion...
wtf.gif
rolleyes.gif

retrohead

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
I saw this coming right at the start guys. NEVER jump in bed with a new manufacturer. Good to see you will not be going down with them
biggrin.gif

Perhaps you will lay off the sheer amount of DS-X coverage now which infact was making you look bad rather than good. It's a media frenzy out thre hahaha

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
grog.gif

I couldn't care less who got what first, but it's awesome to know we've got a review team who are gonna give it to us straight.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And as a footnote: Across the board, 'review units' explicitly sent to reviewers are generally hand-picked and tested by the manufacturer to ensure that the review won't be marred by unexpected flaws, instead of being any other off-the-assemblyline unit. It's generally safer to only trust personal reviews from people you know.

Just as one example, my review of the G6 Lite on this site was based off of the unit I spent my own money on. In fact, I've bought almost every single one of my own carts. Everyone doing reviews here is doing a fantastic job, and whether or not the unit was free or not is immaterial. Again, referencing the G6 Lite as it's the last unit I publically reviewed - it was (and still is) one of the best kits on the market, and I'm glad to have bought it.

If we don't buy it ourselves, we're still receiving the same thing as anyone else - unless we receive a pre-version which doesn't have the full package contents. I can't recall any one flashcart we've reviewed that has been different than the model we can all purchase.

stinkingbob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Antarctica
I would like the moderator at gbatemp to post the original review of the ninja pass from maxconsole so we can compare the original and the edited version. I want to see what was modified so I can be the judge of knowing if what was changed really made a BIG difference in the review of the product.

Now, I read the review on maxconsole website of the ninja pass, and from looking at the pictures, it doesn't seem that great only because the stupid thing sticks out of the NDS. Aesthetically, it is not what people would like.

As far as Xtreme trying to sway gbatemp for a more favorable review, that would be pretty bad. Especially because their webstie touts their product as the next revolution in NDS file dev kit. If it was that great, they should have nothing to worry about.

Best thing to do would be to wait until the actual product comes out and it throughly reviewed and tested before making a decision to pre-order it.
Also, should the moderator of gbatemp DELETE MAXCONSOLE'S DIVINEO.COM FROM THE LIST OF RESELLERS selling flashcarts?
WOuld you want to buy something from a web company that does something shady????

Bob

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Ninja DS is crap on its own merits and Zeus didn't change anything but to show the product from an unbiased viewpoint. Most reviewers, me included, are sometimes fanboi's of a certain product or happen to like one more than another and that comes though in their review. I have seen many websites edit reviews so that they are less bias or one-sided and like I said before it’s just a way to show all the facts and let the reader decide on whether to make the purchase.

LOL, and another thing, MaxConsole does not own or have anything to do with Divineo other than them being an affiliate. Zeus has no stake in Divineo either and to say so is just ludicrous. I have no idea where you all have gotten your information from and just because IGN supports Gamestop and Gamespot used to support EBgames does not make them shareholders or owners.

It seems out of all of the Slot 1 flashcarts that the DS-X will be number one anyway over the DSLink and Ninja DS as both of the other products are horrible. It didn't take any review to explain that as their specifications can do that for them.

FifthE1ement
nds.gif

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
FifthE1ement, no offense but you have no idea what has been going on behind the scenes.
smile.gif

I had originally planned to publish the logs of our conversations with the DS-X team, the NinjaDS team and MaxConsole team members, but after reviewing all of this internally, we thought it would really sound too bad for them (which is not the point of this article).
As far as I know, you are not involved in the whole story so I would like you to stop following blindly your pre-made opinions about MaxConsole and posting messages such as the one above. And if you still believe that we're making up all this mess, please contact me by PM and I will show you all I've got.

Golds

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
MaxConsole is a huge gaming website and probably garners over 1000X the amount of hits that GBATemp does

What is maxconsole? Seriously, I've never heard of them until today.

and thanks GBAtemp for doing the right thing, I appreciate it.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
MaxConsole is a big website, but they probably do not generate 16,220,771,000 hits per month
smile.gif

But yes, they are definitely big, and as you can see probably a little too big.

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To be honest this could just be covering your own back so that no one suspects you in the long run, but hey, I guess we'll never know. I'll still read your review anyway.

Thought I'd speak my mind.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on