The inhumane conditions of Bradley Manning's detention--Salon

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by MEGAMANTROTSKY, Dec 16, 2010.

1. MEGAMANTROTSKY
    OP

Member MEGAMANTROTSKY GBAtemp Fan

United States
    http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_gr...ning/index.html

With the media mania surrounding Assange's incarceration in Britain, I've been under the [impression] that this wasn't covered as much. Happy reading.

2. SPH73

Banned SPH73 Banned

United States
    America, Canada, Western Europe and the UK are all being taken over by the same fascist conspiracy.

Someday we'll all have to pick a side. Freedom or fear. Life or death. Don't wait until its too late.

3. monkat

Banned monkat I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.

United States
    Well, that's not good.

He should at least have a trial before punishment, and certainly a punishment nowhere near this severe.

Regardless of your view on wikileaks, he (supposedly) gave away classified military information to a foreigner.

4. geminisama

Member geminisama Metsu

United States
    God Bless America...

5. trumpet-205

Member trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

United States
    So this is Americans' dream huh? [​IMG]

6. Raiser

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    At least give him a trial FFS.

There's no hope left for America.

7. heavyknight

Member heavyknight GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So, he's -technically- done nothing wrong, and they're breaking his existence piece by piece, not even allowing him to get a little exercise and deteriorating any fibers left in him?
    Plus, they're not allowing him to learn anything of the outside world, and they're not giving him a pillow, and they're constantly watching him. And they force down anti-depressants.

Now I guess I can finally get a viewpoint on the whole WikiLeaks thing. America gets what it deserves. What's done is done, you stupid government noobs. Get over it and fix it, K? If they think the TSA is security, then it's no wonder why the WikiLeaks stuff happened. Let's not forget that there's a rising number of reports on police killing 'innocent' people by 'mistake', and the constant making of pedestrians shouldn't be heroes. Well, where the hell are you when we need you?
    We're oh so safe, aren't we?

On to the point - this is nothing but bullying one person. After all, it's not like he was convicted of anything.

8. fgghjjkll

Member fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

Australia
    His mere existance is threatening the US.
    Even if they have realised that he was completely innocent, they are not going to free him because:
    1. He may exact revenge on the government who has betrayed him meaning that he may leak classified information to wikileaks and

2. He's detained in the worst jail ever. If the UN(Or maybe some other part of the world) ever got any information on the US' methods of punishment, torture and cruelty in jail, The US is seriously gonna lose all that reputation they've gained.

They've already jailed him. They cannot afford to take any risks of freeing him.

9. GundamXXX

Member GundamXXX Ergo Ego

Australia
    Although I support Wikileaks fully there is no doubt that Manning is a traitor.

He send confidential files to someone who wasnt autherized. Seeing as he is a marine he goes by the laws of the Armed Forces of the United States not by common law.

They can do whatever they please with him basicly and they will be in their full right.

Im not condoning this but Im not opposed to it either, he knew the risks and the risks are very real and very much legal

EDIT:

For all nubs saying "America fail" etc... this would have happend in ANY country. He will be lucky if he gets away with it without being put on deathrow (something he will probably get)

10. chrisrlink

Member chrisrlink Rouge Temper

United States
    More like America's nightmare

11. Sterling

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    See the above post. It's would be like this in any other country.

12. 431unknown

Member 431unknown Greatness Awaits

United States
    How the hell does a private gain access to shit like ths any way? The ones in charge of the security of the cables that were tapped should be the ones in real trouble not this dude. Most of what's been leaked so far is just stupid bullshit anyway.