The Incredible Hulk

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I didn't see any threads for this one yet, so I thought I'd start one.

I liked the story a lot more then the 2003 Hulk, but I didn't care much for the actors this time around. If only they could combine the two.

Spoilers:
Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno cameos FTW. Mandatory Stan Lee appearance as well. And anyone notice Stanley's logo looked alot like how Stan Lee signs his name?

Plot spoilers:
I absolutely loved the subtle origin of The Leader. Just a short glimpse and left it up to you to notice and put together. Guess he'll be the villain in the next movie.

EDIT: WTF, why don't spoilers ever post right?

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well...

[Extreme Space Invaders Spoilers Ahead!!!]

Obvious cameo by Stark at the end, foreshadowing of the Avengers, wewt!

Also, I think I caught a glimpse of some documents at the very beginning, opening flashbacks. One of 'em had Nick Fury, erm, MOTHA FUCKIN' SAMUEL MOTHER FUCKING JACKSON's name on it. Sweet.

Also, had a couple questions...

I didn't get a chance to get a glimpse at the group that intercepted Banner's message to "Mr. Blue", but I did see some emblem with an eagle type dealie on it. Was that S.H.I.E.L.D. that intercepted it?

Also, at the end, when Banner is mediating and his eyes go green and he smirks, was that supposed to be him learning how to control it or was that just some retarded way to end Banner's story? (The counter that read "Days Since Accident" rolled back to 0, so it made me think the latter, which is disappointing...
sleep.gif
)

jumpman17

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Martin: Yes, that was them. It even had their full name written on it. As for question 2, who knows.

LAWL, I can't type your name because it thinks it's BB code.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, Wikipedia says...

"Leterrier made the film's final shot of Banner ambiguous; if there is a sequel, it would mean Banner finally masters control over his anger; if there is not a sequel, the shot indicates instead that in the scheduled 2011 feature The Avengers, he becomes a menace. Leterrier and Roth are contracted to return, but Norton is not."

Also, I still don't understand why the Hulk's true comic book origin wasn't incorporated into either film. The 2003 film had to do with Banner's father experimenting on himself and had his genes passed down to Banner himself. The 2008 film had to do with a Banner experimenting on himself once he believed he had succeeded with his project. As I remember, doesn't Banner rush out and push some n00b out of the way of a gamma ray in a testing area and is hit with it, resulting in gamma radiation, and ultimately, his transformations?
unsure.gif

And, iono, I kinda have a soft spot for Ed Norton. Hit fits the innocent character more than Bana (also, cuz I think Norton is kind of physically scrawny, in a good way, lol).

I think 2003's flim had a more geekier portrayal of Banner as a scientist, as I naturally pictured Banner. 2008's Banner didn't seem geeky in the slightest bit.
laugh.gif

FrEEz902

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
I absolutely loved this movie. I haven't seen the 2003 movie so i can't compare (although i heard it was terrible). I really liked how it wasn't just reckless destruction, and how it shows emotion and stuff. I liked this movie more than Iron Man, simply because it meant more than iron man, and I liked the action sequences more. Anyhow:
Bruce smiles at the end of the movie when he turns to hulk BECAUSE he managed to control it, and let it out when he wanted. He meditated to let him out, so I doubt they just wanted to end it that badly.

Other than that

Wohoo! Can't wait for The Avengers. Spiderman WOULD fit nicely in there (I saw this awesome youtube video, i don't know who made it though If Avengers was done like this, it would be an amazing movie (not the animation part, the story part)
Nice to see Sammy L Jackson for Nick Fury. He's a great actor, and really fits the part. Better than HASSLEHOFF anyway
tongue.gif

jumpman17

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FrEEz902 said:
I absolutely loved this movie. I haven't seen the 2003 movie so i can't compare (although i heard it was terrible). I really liked how it wasn't just reckless destruction, and how it shows emotion and stuff. I liked this movie more than Iron Man, simply because it meant more than iron man, and I liked the action sequences more. Anyhow:
Bruce smiles at the end of the movie when he turns to hulk BECAUSE he managed to control it, and let it out when he wanted. He meditated to let him out, so I doubt they just wanted to end it that badly.

Other than that

Wohoo! Can't wait for The Avengers. Spiderman WOULD fit nicely in there (I saw this awesome youtube video, i don't know who made it though If Avengers was done like this, it would be an amazing movie (not the animation part, the story part)
Nice to see Sammy L Jackson for Nick Fury. He's a great actor, and really fits the part. Better than HASSLEHOFF anyway
tongue.gif

I hope he would fit the part since he is playing Ultimate Nick Fury who was modeled after him.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGAHfC5P-Y