Review The Incredible Fake GBA from DealExtreme!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugiwara no Kot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.douglasseigikot.xpg.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
very cool man, I also have one but is the SP.
deal extreme has a lot of nice products, now I can approve totally them.
biggrin.gif

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The item seems pretty cool
BUT and this is a big BUT looking at the pros and cons

QUOTE said:
Cons:
- Device has 2 viruses that autorun when you plug it in so be sure to update or install anti-virus software.

Thats a pretty big con, basically play as is and if you want to add new games, prepare yourself for a headache from the onboard viruses

alphamule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The item seems pretty cool
BUT and this is a big BUT looking at the pros and cons

Cons:
- Device has 2 viruses that autorun when you plug it in so be sure to update or install anti-virus software.

Thats a pretty big con, basically play as is and if you want to add new games, prepare yourself for a headache from the onboard viruses
Funny - I disabled automatically running code off of removable devices years ago... If you really are that nervous, just use something like the Trinity Rescue Kit boot CD to scan the card. And yes, that was a very obnoxious 'feature' that Microsoft left in there for removable storage and discs. Got virus? :evil:

Reactions: 1 person

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's... quite a convincing knock-off, actually. I could easily be fooled when looking at it from a distance. I still don't see a point in getting this instead of a GBA with a flashcart, but... it's pretty cool for a Fake, I must say. XD

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I had a bad experience with one of these. I got one for my son, the cable arrived broken, the battery lasted 15 minutes on a full charge, and the speakers were broken, on max volume you couldn't hear it unless your ear was right up to the speaker.

I'm sure it was just a lemon but I don't think I could buy no-name manufactured hardware anymore.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's... quite a convincing knock-off, actually. I could easily be fooled when looking at it from a distance. I still don't see a point in getting this instead of a GBA with a flashcart, but... it's pretty cool for a Fake, I must say. XD
It's useful because there aren't many good GBA flashcarts available now. I can vouch that many games work well. Not all run at full speed though. For a knock off, it's usefulness is about an 8/10.

alphamule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking at Eachgame's PVP Pocket systems and they definitely look interesting as well. They apparently use GBA or SD carts. I guess if you get the right one, it's like a GBA with a builtin Flash cart. If I ever get interested in one, I'll be sure to be careful which one I get.

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm looking at Eachgame's PVP Pocket systems and they definitely look interesting as well. They apparently use GBA or SD carts. I guess if you get the right one, it's like a GBA with a builtin Flash cart. If I ever get interested in one, I'll be sure to be careful which one I get.

The official PSPs are easy enough to hack/custom firmware. Just run a GBA emulator on it. The official PSPs probably have a better build quality and better battery life.

alphamule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My brother has a PSP and... The bigger issue is fixing them and dealing with locked-down firmwares. Yeah, the PVPs on that site can be anywhere from $15-$45 depending on the version. Different screens and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: morning fellas, it's my birthday