The increasing sum of "won't work on R4' results

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Panzer Tacticer, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Panzer Tacticer
    OP

Member Panzer Tacticer veteran human

Canada
    Ok just pipe down, I couldn't care less what YOU think is the best flashcart. I bought an R4DS Revolution in 2006 and it has served me well.

I'm not in a hurry to seek out a replacement just yet, as I have about 10 years of games unplayed still at any rate.

I won't be contemplating a new 'doodad' until the DSi is old news and devices for it are 'ordinary items'.

But today I went through several roms that had been waiting to be checked out, and it seems increasingly that my R4DS Revolution is just not up to the task.
    Some of you might h ave found solutions to some of them, but really, it's not that hard for me to buy a great game if I want it. Hell I just dropped 12 hundred bucks on a TV 'just because' so I am not incapable of getting past an uncooperative rom.

The only real truth here, is the R4DS might finally have met the end of it's worth to the gamer.

Nothing is forever eh.

Best 50 bucks I have spent on games in 3 years though.

2. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    like what? the only thing that didn't work for me is sonic chronicles and starwars (the new one). and i could hardly care less about em lol.

o and chrono trigger, but that didn't work for everyone.

3. Veristical Blaze

Member Veristical Blaze GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Any game works on my R4; kinda strange because there are some cases i saw people opening up a topic about *.... rom didn't work on R4* most of times they don't have same firmware as me(YSMenu with R4YSauto) but sometimes when they have, it isn't working on they're R4 and at my R4 it works, kinda strange, isn't it? [​IMG]

4. Panzer Tacticer
    OP

Member Panzer Tacticer veteran human

Canada
    I stand partially corrected.

I have to date never played with the arm7fixa program. But considering it is so easy to use, that even a moron (or old man [​IMG]) can use it.

Well today it fixed my copy of Age of Empires: Mythologies and Monster Lab.

Sadly Army Men Soldiers of Misfortune was not interested in the arm7fixa solution.

I use Mario Kart as my 'donor' if anyone is curious about what I used.

I guess my R4DS Revolution isn't quuuuuuite dead yet [​IMG]

5. agentgamma

Member agentgamma I dont know what to put here

Antarctica
    I heard the best donor is Summon Night Twin Age (U) [​IMG]
    Works for everything I tried [​IMG] (other donors haven't worked with some games)

6. Curley5959

Member Curley5959 CCC Member!

Australia
    I guess whatever works for you is good.. Best to keep using that one then change and get confused.. [​IMG]