jaxxster

The Heretic
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Wow! What a great film, It was really nice to see a good film come through all the crap they're making these days. Edward Norton is a brilliant actor and no one else would have pulled off the role as well as he did, If you havent seen this film, go see it!

The twist at the end left me with the biggest smile on my face and filled me with warmth, even i found myself clapping at his brilliance.
tongue.gif

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Yes, I loved it too. And Edward Norton is such an awesome actor, he starred in the greatest movies (like Fight Club, American History X, Kingdom of Heaven, ...)

I also loved Rufus Sewell (Prince Leopold), such a haughty character
biggrin.gif

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
The best movie I've seen in a very long time. Hypnotizing it was.
Yes it had a great story to it, but sometimes a good plot is crippled by technical or casting weaknesses... not here!
The lighting and cinematography were awesome, it felt like I was watching a really old movie, and made the flick stylish without distracting from the substance. All the actors were perfect, especially Paul Giamatti, who deserves an Oscar for this one. Add Phillip Glass doing the soundtrack and you have an engrossing masterpiece where every element fits perfectly into the whole. I can't say enough good things about this film.

If you're into magic, this film practically defines it on several levels.

sanghoku

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
i saw this one first and afterwards the prestige... i liked the illusionist better story-wise, although the plot of the prestige was more complex...

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
The prestige was terribly predictable IMO... I had guessed the end and the tricks early in the movie...

The illusionist was way better cinematographically speaking, as mthrnite said above.

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Though I liked both, I thought that the Prestige was much better, even though Edward Norton is one of my all time favorite actors.

It just seemed very lame for the illusionist to have a story about magic and then have absolutely not "real" magic to speak of. All of it was computers or whatnot. Eventually the Prestige turned into this sort of thing, but at least it had some real tricks in it in the beginning.

As something of an amateur magician, this made a difference to me.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
In the illusionist I think the magic was kept intact because they didn't reveal how the tricks worked.
In the prestige, they kill the magic by revealing the (lame) tricks.

QUOTE said:
All of it was computers or whatnot.
don't tell me it wasnt all about computers in the prestige too
tongue.gif

unless
Hugh Jackman has a twin, and Christian Bale can clone himself instantly and kill himself right after
rofl2.gif

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know what movie was way better?
The Lives of Others.
Compared to that the Illusionist is just as crappy as mission impossible.
Altho I loved how they tricked you the entire time by never showing how he did his magicks.
But trust me, for a good time, see The Lives of Others.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.