The House of the Dead: Remake coming to Nintendo Switch on April 7

Revealed during a Nintendo Indie World Showcase last April, MegaPixel Studio and Forever Entertainment's The House of the Dead: Remake has gotten an official release date of April 7, 2022. The remake will stay "true to the original gameplay," recreating the campaign of the 1996 original in the same on-rails shooter style, with multiple endings and local two-player co-op. New features include modernized graphics and controls, including gyroscopic controls on the Joy-con, as well as a photo mode and achievements. It will also have a new horde mode, where players must face waves of faster and stronger enemies.

While no price was mentioned, pre-orders are expected to open March 31, so the price will likely be revealed then.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Love these games! Typing of the dead sounds god awful tho!!

So how exactly does the joycon gyro lend itself to on screen point and shoot?? I can't get my head around that but again, sounds an awful way to play if your tilting an onscreen crosshair....

Reactions: RaynorBlackwood

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Love these games! Typing of the dead sounds god awful tho!!

So how exactly does the joycon gyro lend itself to on screen point and shoot?? I can't get my head around that but again, sounds an awful way to play if your tilting an onscreen crosshair....
I believe that's all you're doing. It's not like the Wii where you've got a sensor bar for IR to even mimic the light gun. Which sucks. Unless there's a light peripheral coming out that we don't know about. It won't be like the arcade days unfortunately.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty cool, but I think I'd prefer playing House of the Dead on the Wii with the wiimotes, rather than using gyro on the joycons.

Of course, nothing beats a light gun on a good old CRT.
actually, i think wiimote definitely beats out lightguns. far mroe responsive and a better use case for most games. What wiimote can't compare to is lightguns in the arcade, since those are typically far more unique and have better feedback

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe we could port the textures to the wii version as it does look lovely.... For a zombie apocalypse lol

I still have my "motherfucking hand cannon" that came with the Overkill wii disc!!

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
actually, i think wiimote definitely beats out lightguns. far mroe responsive and a better use case for most games. What wiimote can't compare to is lightguns in the arcade, since those are typically far more unique and have better feedback
I played House of the Dead 2 and 3 on the OG Xbox with a lightgun and on the Wii. Definitely prefer the lightgun. The only problem was calibration. Once they were tuned to your screen, it was just like playing at an arcade.

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless the original guns break and then they swap them with ones from a different machine. I remember playing House of the Dead 2 with the Carnevil shotgun, at first it felt weird since those don't reload by pointig outside of the screen.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Played Duck Hunt on the NES and Area 51 on Playstation. Much prefer the lightguns, I don't want a crosshair on my screen for aiming. With the wiimote, everything is relative to the sensor bar, and the Wii has no idea how large your TV screen is, or how far you're sitting away from it. I just wish they worked with modern screens.

I did have an EMS Top Gun III for PC though. That was pretty fun.

Reactions: Kioku

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want a crosshair on my screen for aiming.
lol, i'm in the opposite here
light gun games where there's no crosshair can legitimately confuse me at points.
with the wiimote, it's a far more flexible and unique controller. you can use it for shooters with more complex controls than can be typically achieved with a lightgun. Like you can't play metroid prime trilogy or resident evil 4 on a lightgun. that just isn't gonna work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.