The House of the Dead: OVERKILL - Black Screen

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by StealthSoul, May 26, 2009.

May 26, 2009
  1. StealthSoul
    OP

Newcomer StealthSoul Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I was playing The House of the Dead: OVERKILL last night and was having fun until the game crashed. At the end of the first level, straight after going into the elevator, the game fades to black and nothing works after that. The home menu wouldn't load, I could only turn the Wii off by holding down the POWER button for a few seconds.

I have played through twice, both times playing co-op. Once normally through the disc channel, and one through Gecko OS (through the Homebrew Channel, with default settings).

Here is all information that may or may not be relevant, but I think it is all information needed. Anyone able to tell me what I can try to bypass this problem?

Wii:
    PAL - Ver. 3.2E
    Hard-Modded - Wiinja Deluxe (Latest Version)
    60Hz setting, with component cables on 32" Samsung LCD TV LE32A457

ISO:
    The_House_of_the_Dead_Overkill_PAL_WII-iCON
    Extracted, Brick-Blocked and Burned with Verbatim (more info below) at 4x using ImgBurn

DVD:
    Verbatim DVD-R 16x (#43549)
    Made in India
    MCC03RG20
    Burned at 4x

IOS Files Installed:
    IOS36-64-v1042.wad
    IOS37-64-v2070.wad
    IOS38-64-v3609.wad
    IOS53-64-v4113.wad
    IOS55-64-v4633.wad

Thanks,
    Stealth

UPDATE: Worked it out.
    The way I solved the problem was by installing the softmod and running the game through backup launcher v0.3 gamma - for anyone wondering.

2. SublimeAndEtc

Member SublimeAndEtc GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The only things I can think of are that you either have a bad burn, or the iso file you have is crappy. It seems like you have everything else in order.

3. StealthSoul
    OP

Newcomer StealthSoul Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the reply [​IMG].

The way I solved the problem was by installing the softmod and running the game through backup launcher v0.3 gamma - for anyone wondering.