keropi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hiya!

first of all, I DO KNOW about alternative DOLs. (personally I think the alt-dols method is a temporary workaround and not to my liking). This is not why I make this thread. The game USED to work with cIOS 222 rev3 and usbloadergx, with blocking IOS reload option. Now I have upgraded Hermes cIOS to rev4, latest USBloaderGX and latest Uloader_cfg.

1. USBLOADERGX:

The game just won't start with cIOS 222,223 and so there is no block IOS reload, thus with IOS249 only HOTD3 works.

2. Uloader_cfg:

The game works with 223-mload/block IOS reload , and you can succesfully boot HOTD2. However when you try to return to the main menu from HOTD2, there is this error:

Could not write to/read
from Wii system memory.
For details, please read the Wii Operation Manual.

So.... some major bug here? The game worked perfect with usbloaderGC revision smaller than ~750 and Hermes rev3 cIOSes (last succesfull combo I remember) , with just the "block IOS reload" option, you could play HOTD2, HOTD3 and via the games menu go from one game to another...

unsure.gif

UPDATE: r772 of UsbloaderGX behaves better: you can enter HOTD2, exit, enter HOTD3, exit, and when u enter HOTD2 again the wii crashes with a blank screen
smile.gif
at least it somewhats works now
tongue.gif

keropi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
OK maybe HOTD2+3 is not a brand-new-hit game, but it does show flaws in usbloaders ... I hope someone that is involved in developing those tools reads this
smile.gif

Cmurda187

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no problem loading my copy from usb. For HOD 2 just load the alt.dol for HOD 2 befor loading the game in the setting of which ever loader you perfer. I use WiiFlow and can confirm this method to work.
smile.gif

keropi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
but ofcourse alt-dols method works fine... the thing is discussion is WHY it cannot work like it is supposed to, ie. loading both games from the game's main menu and have the ability to load them alternately withouth freezes...
also the alt-dols method is just a work-around...

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because of the IOS Reload. Turning on Block IOS Reload will prevent the game from loading any other IOS including loading the system menu. You will not be able to return to the system menu with Block IOS Reload ON.

I'm sure hermes/wanin are looking for a proper IOS Reload Block...but they haven't found it yet. Once that is settled, there would be no need for altdols at all.

As far as not working on GX, works fine for me. Try deleting your config files...

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0ld8oy said:
because of the IOS Reload. Turning on Block IOS Reload will prevent the game from loading any other IOS including loading the system menu. You will not be able to return to the system menu with Block IOS Reload ON.

I'm sure hermes/wanin are looking for a proper IOS Reload Block...but they haven't found it yet. Once that is settled, there would be no need for altdols at all.

As far as not working on GX, works fine for me. Try deleting your config files...

Have them found a proper IOS Reload Block for it yet ? I know that there is alt dol need for it which I tried and works fine as well. The problem is that I am not be able to return to the system menu with Block IOS Reload ON.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
RockmanForte said:
0ld8oy said:

Have them found a proper IOS Reload Block for it yet ? I know that there is alt dol need for it which I tried and works fine as well. The problem is that I am not be able to return to the system menu with Block IOS Reload ON.
No. I suspect power cycling may be an option, though. Instead of using the Wii Menu button in the Home screen, hold down the power button on the Wii remote. The console should either reset or switch off. If it switches off, just hold the power button again to switch it back on. There... another perfectly suitable workaround to reset to the menu while Block IOS Reload is on.

Eric345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it works for me now but the point doesn't show up even though I point it right ot the sensor bar so I can't shoot the zombines.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
UsbloaderGx useing cios222 v4 37/38 with block ios works 100% and when you want to get out of the game press home and select reset it will return you to system menu

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
keropi said:
but ofcourse alt-dols method works fine... the thing is discussion is WHY it cannot work like it is supposed to, ie. loading both games from the game's main menu and have the ability to load them alternately withouth freezes...

Yes alt .dol loading is just a work-around that only works for a few IOS Reloading games. But it's better than the IOS Reload block Hermes cIOS allows, as that only works on this one game.

And it's pretty well known why the IOS Reloading games do not work in the standard usb loaders, just nobody has a good solution for that. Well there's always sneek's usb loading that doesn't have issues with IOS Reloading games.

Devil May Cry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
keropi said:

Yes alt .dol loading is just a work-around that only works for a few IOS Reloading games. But it's better than the IOS Reload block Hermes cIOS allows, as that only works on this one game.

And it's pretty well known why the IOS Reloading games do not work in the standard usb loaders, just nobody has a good solution for that. Well there's always sneek's usb loading that doesn't have issues with IOS Reloading games.

I was actually trying this game out for the first time yesterday through GX. Loading HotD2 dol made HotD2 come up and it worked fine. Returning to the main menu froze it though (expected). However, HotD 3 won't work. It'll get to the menu of it, but once an option is picked, it just freezes. Any ideas? I'm still fairly new to the Wii scene and have been lucky enough to run into any alt dol or IOS reloading games since I started.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Devil May Cry said:
WiiPower said:
keropi said:

I was actually trying this game out for the first time yesterday through GX. Loading HotD2 dol made HotD2 come up and it worked fine. Returning to the main menu froze it though (expected). However, HotD 3 won't work. It'll get to the menu of it, but once an option is picked, it just freezes. Any ideas? I'm still fairly new to the Wii scene and have been lucky enough to run into any alt dol or IOS reloading games since I started.
Look 2 posts up

Devil May Cry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
keropi said:
Look 2 posts up

Thanks, I missed that. I wasn't able to find the Block IOS feature in GX (maybe my version is outdated?), but I was able to in CFG. I can boot in/out of HotD3 just fine, and now I can boot into HotD2 fine as well. However, I get an error when trying to boot out of HotD2. It says it couldn't read or write to Wii System Memory. Can you help me with that? GX too if you can, I prefer GX's font size and menus.

Devil May Cry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
No issues whatsoever here with GX and HotD 2/3. Not using alt dols.

What settings are you using? I can't get it to fully work, even in CFG with Block IOS. Can't even find that in GX (I might be outdated).

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will check next time I'm on my Wii and post my settings.

EDIT: In game specific settings I am using 222 (Hermes v4 installed w/38 merge 37), and have the block ios reload set to on.
When the game starts I choose the default dol.

Devil May Cry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
I will check next time I'm on my Wii and post my settings.

EDIT: In game specific settings I am using 222 (Hermes v4 installed w/38 merge 37), and have the block ios reload set to on.
When the game starts I choose the default dol.

What rev of GX are you using? I don't even see a block IOS option on mine at all.

Eric345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry this is old but where are the alt dol? is on the wiiscrubber right it has many things to click...

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Not really. The alt dol is on the DVD itself (or the image of it). The newer USB loaders have a segment where you can specify options per game. One of those should say "alt dol" or something along those lines. Set that to the correct one, and you can start playing.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi: