Hacking The Homebrew Channel v1.1.0

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Holy shit.

Honestly did not see it coming. Was only just using HBC too (did not get any update prompt)... looks like it was updated only minutes ago!

Switching on Wii, and updating now.

EDIT: still no update prompt via HBC. Grabbing installer via bootmii.org instead.
EDIT2: I like this new default font. I personally think it looks nicer :lol:
Good to know they fixed the crashes and added support for the new wiimotes within HBC :)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
The crashes when using no_ios_reload with a bad/disabled network config have been fixed – by removing mode. Instead, we always reload IOS, but don’t fret – you can still use AHB access, thanks to a trick that we implemented. Use ( is actually just an alias for that now).

does this mean having in the meta.xml will have the same effect as ? Or do all the apps that use ahbprot need to modify their meta.xml's to use the new tag?

If someone is able to test an app like IOS236 Installer (with tag) using HBC v1.1.0 to see if it works and report back that would be awesome.

edit: this was my 8000th post and I didn't even realize it until 5 or 6 posts later!!!!

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It must be an app without my fix to make a meaningful test, for example IOS236 Installer v5 or lower.
Likely they fixed that issue the same way I did.

Also they added support for 4k sector size, typically used by the hdd greater than 2TB.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@[member='davebaol'], I was talking about the tag used to launch an app with ahbprot, not whether or not the network bug is still present (if TT says it's fixed, I believe them). Anyways, megazig answered my Q anyways (thanks dude!)

TT is truly selfless, they updated their website with a new version of the hackmii installer but their donation button is still broken. I'd really like to see that fixed for their sake but if they don't care then I guess the status quo will have to do.

If anyone from TT is reading this, thanks a lot for your continued support, you guys rock.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I wonder if giantpune's Hijill still works with the new HBC. Wouldn't be that much of a surprise if it didn't work anymore. Can anyone confirm whether or not Hijill works?

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I didn't see that coming.
Nobody got my first hint.
Nor the slightly less cryptic second one....

TT is truly selfless, they updated their website with a new version of the hackmii installer but their donation button is still broken. I'd really like to see that fixed for their sake but if they don't care then I guess the status quo will have to do.

If anyone from TT is reading this, thanks a lot for your continued support, you guys rock.
The paypal link was only for bushing's beer fund. Probably most members earn more in one week than a year's worth of those donations anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr