The Highlight Reel: PlayStation Vita

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Chary, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Yeah, as american, playing a import with no english translation is not something most people do for a role playing game, perhaps for other games like a fighting game or something more basic, but a full scale rpg is not advised without translation due to "needing to read text to know what to do" :unsure:

But yes, that game i was waiting for english localization which is why i bought a vita for, but never got. Instead i got a few ports, like ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 and exclusives like ys memories of celcita and tales of heart R, other than that is just ports of ps3/ps4 games, and indie games with SOME good exclusive games.:whip:

3DS had mostly exclusive games that wasn't all ports, which is just good, and the port of games was GOOD games to begin with and had time and good reason to be port like donkey kong country returns and smash bros.:yay3ds:

Then again japan always get more games than any other country does, so i'm not surprised this would happen to me. Nice finger there sega, i don't like it but i can see what you did there to us USA people. :creep: *SARCASM*

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight, Apr 22, 2017
    cvskid likes this.
  2. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    there is no competition between the 3ds and the vita in exclusives, the 3ds has so manny exclusives that arent on other systems that it isnt even fare to compare lol.

3. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker News Police

Banned
    Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Pretty much nailed it with the titles. Good post :yaypsp: (<-- how come there is no Vita version of this smiley?)

Chary likes this.
  4. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Yes, that is basically the good thing about nintendo systems. :)

Is always been the case, exclusive game sell the systems, that hasn't changed. I just wish that sony realized that, most of what vita has been was ports rather than exclusive games. Even though the exclusives are good, not most of them are. So far is been these two things
    • People who been buying 3ds wanted exclusive new games to play
    • People who been buying vita wanted to play their console counter parts on the go
    Not that is a fact what people buy them for, but is a observation based on the games released for the two systems. Sony to market "Cross-Buy".... rather poorly due to some most games existing on vita and ps3/ps4 and not being cross buy like skull girls, marvel vs capcom 3, FINAL FANTASY X HD collection, and lot more. Sony marketing has failed a lot for vita, more likely in favor of ps4.

5. MyLegGuy

MyLegGuy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 26, 2014
    United States
    Lies, Tales of Hearts R is on iOS.

Last edited by MyLegGuy, Apr 22, 2017
  6. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    Shit, I really must get some sleep.
    Stupid GTAmarathon is depriving me of it.

7. kiryu1

kiryu1 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2014
    But I liked @Chary's review of the device, just wishing she could that on the Wii U as well.

Well yeah, it has like 20 good games but I love Wii U's two screen and Amiibo gimmick..

Chary likes this.
  8. omgpwn666

omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

Jun 14, 2008
    United States
    Florida
    They didn't make it easy to find an RPG that wasn't borderline hentai, but I found Adventures of Mana which is looking alright. Great page, I'll keep an eye on this page for other games in the future.

Chary likes this.
  9. VMM

VMM Hamon > Stand

GBAtemp Patron
    VMM is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 1, 2010
    Brazil
    Wait, best indies and there isn't Super Meat Boy?
    This is the best indie of all time.

Fez also deserve a place on that list

10. CeeDee

CeeDee Oh, fishsticks. I'm nauseous...

GBAtemp Patron
    CeeDee is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 4, 2014
    United States
    Dang, the Vita has a lot more games than I thought it did.

11. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Problem is a lot of them are import only.

12. s157

s157 Grinder Extraordinaire

Sep 23, 2016
    United States
    Aw, Severed isn't on the indie list? Salad mix would have to suffice. Still, great article for a rather unappreciated handheld.

Last edited by s157, Apr 22, 2017
  13. TesseractStorm

TesseractStorm GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    True, but all the ones on the lists are/were available in the US.

I love my Vita, even if it came to me with a firmware too late to hack. I've got enough psn games to more than fill my 64gb memory card.

Really wish Sony had pulled their heads out of their backsides when it came to designing and marketing the Vita. Sad waste of potential. Had they made the memory either more affordable or used a standard micro SD it might have gone a long way toward getting more customers. Add to that the almost non-existant marketing and the Vita wasn't even given a chance to succeed.

cvskid likes this.
  14. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    I agree. I don't even mind the proprietary memory cards that much, but it makes no sense why they still cost as much as they do considering sony stopped caring about the ps vita a long time ago. If it supported microsd i would have bought a 256gb sd card for the ps vita.

15. lcie nimbus

lcie nimbus 100th degree asskicker

Dec 25, 2015
    Canada
    Alberta , Canada
    Not going to Include blazblue: chronophantasma here ?

16. Hanafuda

Hanafuda GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Are there enough good racing games to justify a category?

17. MKKhanzo

MKKhanzo GBAtemp Regular

Oct 8, 2013
    United States
    Vita has a good share of fighting games, I think a top 10 can be added.

Awesome article BTW

Chary and cvskid like this.
  18. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    A lot of solid games on this list that I wouldn't have known were on Vita otherwise. Other than the few first-party games, though, all the good ones are available on Steam. Would be nice to have Salt and Sanctuary on a portable, but if we get the Dark Souls games on Switch that'd be even better.

Chary likes this.
  19. Retinal_FAILURE

Retinal_FAILURE GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    But we can play the only Pokemon games that mattered on the Vita with VHBL, and then even if your on the newest firmware...I think? At least if you're on all the way up to 3.63 you can play RED, Yellow, and Blue. When Poke got past those it was a monotonous bore for me, though I hear they made a remake of the original for GBA? VHBL can easily run GBA. And cant forget pokemon pinball, thats a classic!

20. Bonestorm

Bonestorm Banned

Banned
    Jan 15, 2017
    Canada
    Midgar, Sector 5
    Vita is love, Vita is life.

Literally.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted