Hardware The heck is going on with GPU sales?

Futurdreamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Newegg Canada has dropped nearly all 1070 Tis and only has a few of the 1070s and any 1080s, all of which are out of stock. Newegg USA still has a few, but they are now $900USD for a 1070 Ti when it used to be $700CAD in Canada...

And i thought cryptocurrencies were crashing? or is everyone planning to make money through transaction fees?

Last edited by Futurdreamz,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing that I hate is that while there are people like me that mine passively on my single gaming card for extra income, there are always the people who buy literally hundreds of cards and make a mining farm in a warehouse. It pisses me off that they're taking advantage of a nice thing for a get-rich-quick scheme

Reactions: dpad_5678

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, I'm still stuck with a damn HD 6850, I wanted to upgrade to a RX 480, but this bitcoin shit is making it too damn expensive, lol. I hope it crashes and burns for those people buying 100's of GPUs at once. I know they're going to end up reselling them on eBay, nothing like buying a GPU that was pretty much stress tested 24/7 for months.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing that I hate is that while there are people like me that mine passively on my single gaming card for extra income, there are always the people who buy literally hundreds of cards and make a mining farm in a warehouse. It pisses me off that they're taking advantage of a nice thing for a get-rich-quick scheme

That's Capitalism for ya :teach:

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Futurdreamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's Capitalism for ya :teach:
That's not so much Capitalism as the crowd sourcing ideology reaching it's inevitable conclusion. The whole point was that the creators had a pie-in-the-sky dream of a world where everyone would work together and get awarded for their tasks. Once people realized that if they pump money into the system money poured out then it became a shit show

RyanAnayaMc

The ACE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently was looking for buying a high-end GPU, but I was quickly turned off by the high prices on Amazon. I thought that my only hope of a GTX 1080 was shelling out $1000 to a third-party and I thought the MSRP was close to that (probably in the $900ish range). Then I actually looked at NVidia's site and apparently the MSRP is around $550 (which are unsurprisingly sold out for that price). I seriously want prices to go back down because my current GTX 1050 Ti is something I don't want to be stuck with forever.

Last edited by RyanAnayaMc,

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the msrp is $699 for stock (not recommended) so you will be probably spending around $750-800 for a third party one

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bitcoin just crashed, so miners are trying to mine the shit out of it to gain bitcoin while it's cheap, hoping it'll peak again soon
I'm not really understanding this. Wouldn't it make less sense to mine now that the price is lower? If 1 BTC is $10,000, (and for the sake of argument, I'll use imaginary numbers) and it costs $100 on your electric bill to mine .01 Bitcoin, that means that you spend $100 to make $100. If Bitcoin were worth $20,000, spending the same money on electric would get you $200, or a 2x return on your money.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Le youtube face.